|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|Jan 31st, 2005 03:25 AM|
Originally Posted by canadian_bass_2
Honestly though, most of these shows have gay creators (namely, SATC and Desperate Housewives). Marc Cherry, the creator of DH used to write episodes of the Golden Girls...
|Jan 31st, 2005 02:43 AM|
*Though, I must admit, I never got into SATC*
|Jan 30th, 2005 10:44 PM|
|Jan 27th, 2005 02:20 AM|
|skanky~skanketta||i thought they were into threesomes like charmed too.|
|Jan 27th, 2005 12:57 AM|
Yeah, I've never seen a truer representation of fags round a cocktail table than the SATC quartet
and a book I was recently reading had this quote by Ted Casablanca: "...she's imminently doable but not real attractive. isn't that why we love Barbra, and Liza, and Cher and Madonna--because we can sort of look like them without too much work? So in a way they're all the same person."
|Jan 27th, 2005 12:52 AM|
|LiliaLee-Frazier||How about the L WORD Aaaaah..nevermind...we only get into str8 female foursomes|
|Jan 27th, 2005 12:42 AM|
|Jericho||lol i like Desperate Housewives|
|Jan 27th, 2005 12:22 AM|
|VSFan1 aka Joshua L.||You are sooooooo right!|
|Jan 26th, 2005 11:00 PM|
|Pureracket||You forgot Living Single and Girlfriends!|
|Jan 26th, 2005 10:57 PM|
Why gays love female foursomes on TV
1) The women of The Golden Girls, Sex and the City, Designing Women, and Desperate Housewives are really just queens in disguise.
2) Four is the perfect number to stand in for all our secret selves—the man-lover (Blanche, Samantha, Suzanne, Gabrielle), the goody-goody (Rose, Charlotte, Charlene, Bree), the sensible one (Dorothy, Carrie, Julia, Lynette), and the wisecracker (Sophia, Miranda, Mary Jo, Susan).
3) Womanly quartets remind us of life in our summer-share houses.
4) The characters make perfect group-drag Halloween costumes.
5) The characters candidly compare notes on their men’s sexual prowess.
6) Four people obsessed with fashion, food, men, and talking about sex with no kids around—what’s gayer than that?