TennisForum.com - Reply to Topic
Thread: Madrid R1 Flipkens d. Barthel 6-4 6-1 Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
May 5th, 2013 06:05 AM
Coco Hero Real top 10
Keep wasting your talent mona with this attitude you don't deserve all the fans you got (of course not me )
May 5th, 2013 04:13 AM
FarkaJish
Re: Madrid R1 Flipkens d. Barthel 6-4 6-1

Real number 2 putting up a spartan effort once more!
May 5th, 2013 02:12 AM
Mateo Mathieu
Re: Madrid R1 Flipkens d. Barthel 6-4 6-1

See you in January.
May 5th, 2013 01:11 AM
Valorian
Re: Madrid R1 Flipkens d. Barthel 6-4 6-1

Barthel tanked after all

saving herself for Wimby qualies
May 5th, 2013 01:10 AM
edificio
Re: Madrid R1 Flipkens d. Barthel 6-4 6-1

Flipkens is pretty good. On hard court I think Mona would have taken it. Mona still needs seasoning.

Was this streamed?
May 4th, 2013 10:45 PM
Morning Morgan
Re: Madrid R1 Flipkens d. Barthel 6-4 6-1

Flipkens is putting together a really nice year, I don't expect her rise to be like Kerber's, but her ranking's rise is matching the pace at the moment.
May 4th, 2013 10:38 PM
Sombrerero loco
Re: Madrid R1 Flipkens d. Barthel 6-4 6-1

expected
flipper =D
May 4th, 2013 09:55 PM
Shvedbarilescu
Re: Madrid R1 Flipkens d. Barthel 6-4 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
And in a reverse situation you or someone else would simply use this as "there isnt huge difference between #22 & #30 anyway" to support your argument.
There isn't a huge difference. True. Although I would maintain there is still a tangible difference, albeit a modest one. But even if there was no difference at all the point remains you would think from reading this thread that Barthel was ranked substantially higher than Flipkens and this result was a huge embarrassing upset. Which, quite frankly, is not the case.
May 4th, 2013 09:32 PM
Igorche
Re: Madrid R1 Flipkens d. Barthel 6-4 6-1

May 4th, 2013 08:09 PM
marineblue
Re: Madrid R1 Flipkens d. Barthel 6-4 6-1

The star of Barthel seems to be falling even before it had time to rise.
May 4th, 2013 07:59 PM
NashaMasha
Re: Madrid R1 Flipkens d. Barthel 6-4 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Barthel is 23 actually...by this age Hingis has long won her last slam already

my fault , probably Barthel will be "still giving hopes" even when she will be 27
May 4th, 2013 07:51 PM
tennisfreak13
Re: Madrid R1 Flipkens d. Barthel 6-4 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Reading this thread you would think Mona was the big favourite to win this match. There is a reason Kirsten is ranked 22 and Mona is ranked 30. No upset here.
It's less about the loss, but again a given second set.
May 4th, 2013 07:27 PM
tejmeglekvŠr
Re: Madrid R1 Flipkens d. Barthel 6-4 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Reading this thread you would think Mona was the big favourite to win this match. There is a reason Kirsten is ranked 22 and Mona is ranked 30. No upset here.
And in a reverse situation you or someone else would simply use this as "there isnt huge difference between #22 & #30 anyway" to support your argument.
May 4th, 2013 07:26 PM
Northstar
Re: Madrid R1 Flipkens d. Barthel 6-4 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Barthel is 23 actually...by this age Hingis has long won her last slam already
when sixhead started winning slams Mona was still camping in tents
May 4th, 2013 07:19 PM
Shvedbarilescu
Re: Madrid R1 Flipkens d. Barthel 6-4 6-1

Reading this thread you would think Mona was the big favourite to win this match. There is a reason Kirsten is ranked 22 and Mona is ranked 30. No upset here.
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome