TennisForum.com - Reply to Topic
Thread: Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread. Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
Today 09:26 AM
james_von05
Re: Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

Laura gonna win it... petkovic is little bit one dimensional with her ground stroke... lets just hope Laura find her range from the first point.
Yesterday 10:24 PM
Royals.
Re: Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sparkle View Post
Laura is last on court 2 tomorrow. Hopefully there are no rain delays tomorrow...
I wouldn't mind. At least she'll be in the tournament a day or too longer.
Yesterday 08:07 PM
eldanielfire
Re: Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaisons View Post
Wow I am sorry eldanielfire , the fact you even discounts court advantage and different types of clay courts. You have step out of delusion boundaries. I am not having it either that you calling me not a fan of Laura prior her injury. You're not the boss around here, everybody is allowed to a have a different opinion.

You seems to unable to accept any other opinions, other than the ones that you like. Further discussions with you will be pointless, I am just going to ignored you like Royals suggested and wish you have a good life.
The delusional bit is claiming Madrid is perfect for Laura when she has played it a total of once is ridiculpus. Especially while she has a win against Venus Williams in Rome to match Aga is silly. There are different types of clay and Robson isn't good or suited to any of them.

Nobody can't say you can't have an opinion, but if you are stating it publically then be prepared for it to be open to scrutiny, especially when you can't post any use of reason or factual evidence to support it. I've been corrected on things multiple time son these forums, I don't hide awya or keep acting like my opinion is valid when it is clearly disproven, I apologise for getting it wrong and move on. Being stubborn and claiming "mu opinion, my opinion, my opinion" constantly when the logic of your unevidenced statement is questioned is not an open mind.

And they you wnat to copy Royals who claimed Laura had a poor 2013, the year she had her best runs, biggest victories over ig players and achieved her highest rank by a mile and then reported me for exposing whta ridiculous statement it was.
Yesterday 07:58 PM
eldanielfire
Re: Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals. View Post
The ignore button has never felt better. Jaisons I advise you do the same.

And you just conformed I'm not on ignore or you are clicking to see my posts. Still pressed I see.
Yesterday 07:29 PM
Mr.Sparkle Laura is last on court 2 tomorrow. Hopefully there are no rain delays tomorrow...
May 22nd, 2016 08:42 PM
Royals.
Re: Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Sagan View Post
That's one of the few tennis matches where I felt like vomiting afterwards. Putrid-seva's celebration at the end was excruciating.

And to think Laura had owned her in the juniors...
That match was revolting. Her celebration after winning
May 22nd, 2016 08:34 PM
Carl Sagan
Re: Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
I have more faith in Laura beating Petkovic than I do of her beating Putin in round 2

*memories of that awful Dubai 2013 match come screaming back *
That's one of the few tennis matches where I felt like vomiting afterwards. Putrid-seva's celebration at the end was excruciating.

And to think Laura had owned her in the juniors...
May 22nd, 2016 08:07 PM
Jaisons
Re: Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

Wow I am sorry eldanielfire , the fact you even discounts court advantage and different types of clay courts. You have step out of delusion boundaries. I am not having it either that you calling me not a fan of Laura prior her injury. You're not the boss around here, everybody is allowed to a have a different opinion.

You seems to unable to accept any other opinions, other than the ones that you like. Further discussions with you will be pointless, I am just going to ignored you like Royals suggested and wish you have a good life.
May 22nd, 2016 07:42 PM
Mr.Sparkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
I have more faith in Laura beating Petkovic than I do of her beating Putin in round 2

*memories of that awful Dubai 2013 match come screaming back *
Also Putin loves drop shots, she will be an even bigger nightmare on clay.
May 22nd, 2016 07:38 PM
Dawson.
Re: Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

I have more faith in Laura beating Petkovic than I do of her beating Putin in round 2

*memories of that awful Dubai 2013 match come screaming back *
May 21st, 2016 08:53 PM
Royals.
Re: Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

The ignore button has never felt better. Jaisons I advise you do the same.
May 21st, 2016 03:19 PM
eldanielfire
Re: Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals. View Post
I couldn't agree with you more. I'm sick of the sensitive folks in here. You can't have a negative opinion without it being labelled "bashing". Get a grip.
I'd point out it's ironic that a poster who insults posters who use factual evidence to clearly refute their claims and then starts crying and reports then to the mods despite no infringements on their part and then crys about they are not going to speak to that poster should be throwing around accusations of other people being sensitve and teling others to "get a grip"

Quote:

If we didn't like Laura we wouldn't still be posting in this forum all these years. Eldanielfire and Guichard we're equally allowed to express our issues with Laura just as you can delude yourselves with your rainbows and fairies mindset. Just because we highlight problems doesn't mean we're having high expectations, we don't expect her to be a world beater anytime soon. There's just issues that need to be addressed, now she's healthy and match fit.
I don't think being deluded is not complaining that Laura Robson's movement and footwork to be better against some of the very best in the world when it has never been much or claims she mtch fit when she still can't consistently hit balls like she used to. I've been critical of Robson many times, however there is a difference in expectations and making claims post injury she should be doing stuff she has never shown she can do before on a surface she never had any success with anyway. Not that you ever had any realistic memories of what Robson's career was like pre-injury.
May 21st, 2016 03:09 PM
eldanielfire
Re: Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobbop View Post
She's had an awful season, since Doha in Feb, only one win on clay against someone playing worse than her.

Laura will still probably lose against someone that was a French Open semi-finalist two years ago, but it really isn't the worst draw she could have got by a long margin.
True, but I'd expect Petkovic, who has been even with bad results a pretty high ranking to outclass her.
May 21st, 2016 03:05 PM
eldanielfire
Re: Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaisons View Post
I did watch her matches, which is frustrating to watch because she really doesn't fight alot in many of her matches as of late. These errors are result of her not willing to stay in rallies and just tries to goes for impossible shots or lack of footwork. To me that's not fighting for the points. Which is why she keep losing easily. You can't expect to win the points in just 2/3 shots on this level.
You obviously weren't a fan of Laura Robson prior to her injury then. Her movemnet and football is poor, she is slow, if anything her attitude for fighting recently is on par with anything from her pre-injury peak. She is just much more of an error matche, though she gave Azarenkaa match. She s playing exactly what Robson tennis has always been.

Quote:

The Azarenka match TBH I wasn't as impressed when people try to justified her playing really well, because this is the very court that allowed her to destroy Aga 3&1 because it is design for players like Laura's playing style. She was allowed to hit quick winners in succession and didn't need to worry about dropshots because the surface makes the balls bounce at a good height. Vika was also injured in the match, she also made uncharacteristic errors which helped in the first set.
the court isn't designed for players of Laura's style. It's clay. It may not exacly match Paris or Rome but it is still a clay surafce and that benifits players with good movement, something Robson has never had.


Quote:
It's not called trashing, it's called being honest, I can't just sit there and lie to myself and say' GOOD JOB LAURA! YOU DID REALLY WELL!!' I think elda you're being just too sensitive.

Also if I am not bothered by what she actually does on court, I won't be here in her thread every other day. Watch her matches and checking her stats in livescores.
None of what you claim Laura should be doing is honest. Most of what you are demanding from her wasn't even patt of her game pre-injury. Your constant steam of complaints considering Laura's condition is ridiculous, especially as her performance are cleraly improving. the fact you keep throwing out criteria that has never matched Laura's strengths even about a player who some consider being the best in the world so far this season is ridiculous. The fact that even grand slam winner Del Proto has been struggling with the same injury for longer and isn't even hitting his back hand like he once did should tell you the physical consequences for this surgery. It comes over like ridiculous trolling or a complete lack perspective on what sort of player Laura has been and what her realistic outcomes are.
May 20th, 2016 09:29 PM
pobbop
Re: Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_von05 View Post
What is Petkovic result lately? Havent heard much of her this clay season

She's had an awful season, since Doha in Feb, only one win on clay against someone playing worse than her.

Laura will still probably lose against someone that was a French Open semi-finalist two years ago, but it really isn't the worst draw she could have got by a long margin.
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome