TennisForum.com - Reply to Topic
Thread: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
Jun 19th, 2014 03:14 PM
Qalahari
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika


I thought you were talking about Tatjana Maria
And I wondered, how is she even a match for Vika
Jun 19th, 2014 03:01 PM
silv5r
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
Oh the irony...
Yes Maria may hit on average harder than Serena so what?

She can still hit outright winners out of nowhere and hit it harder if she decides to than Maria wich are two things i've never seen from Azarenka

Anyway even if Maria does hit harder on average than Serena ( wich is a stat you pulled out of nowhere with no proof anyway).
Serena definetly hits hit harder than Azarenka wich was MY point but somehow you just failed to reply to that with all your dignified superior expertise...

Irony as you say
Jun 19th, 2014 02:58 PM
Alexandros
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv5r View Post
And i said the way Serena beats Maria has nothing to do with the way Azarenka does that's what i said ( can't remember Vika serving harder than 110 mph )

Also as you said yourself Serena has the ability to go for outright winners even from far back in the court wich Azarenka can't do.

Go look at 2007 Australian Open final if you think Serena dosen't overpower Maria. She's got a much stronger built than Maria and does have more firepower ( i do agree she's somewhat changed the way she plays since working with Moratoglou ) but she can still hit it harder if she wants to than Maria.

I was just stating for a fact that she's more powerful than Maria just like Maria is more powerful than Azarenka and thats why you can't compare the way Azarenka and Serena play Maria.

So stop acting all superior when you completly missed the point of what i was saying from the start
Oh the irony...
Jun 19th, 2014 02:52 PM
dsanders06
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
She doesn't overpower her the majority of the time.She exposes her movement, goes for outright winners and takes the bsll early to eeny her the time to set up her shots. And unlike a lot of the other players she doesn't get overpowered by Susan in rallies. If im not mistaken it was once said that on average she hits harder than Serena.
I actually agree with that. Quite often, the key in the Serena-Sharapova matches is the width Serena gets on her shots rather than raw pace, especially in forehand-to-forehand exchanges (Serena can create really good angles off that side while Maria can't play good defence with her FH).
Jun 19th, 2014 02:48 PM
Mr.Sharapova
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
So true. 90% of TF is blinded because Azarenka can annoy Serena. Therefore, she has to be the next GOAT and win 7+ Slams!!!!!!!!

The same way Jankovic somehow had credibility because she could "challenge both Williams" in 2007-2008.
There's nothing wrong with Serena being the comparison bar set for many players' greatness levels. But saying that Azarenka's Peak is better than Maria's because she challenged Serena more and Maria didn't then that's plain wrong.

Serena doesn't play Vika the way that she plays Maria hands down . So there should not be a comparison made in that regard.

I am yet to see from Vika the quality that Maria has shown she is capable of displaying on hardcourts over the years.
Jun 19th, 2014 02:41 PM
silv5r
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
You've lost all credibility here since you cant see the difference between serve speed and the power of one's ground strokes. I specifically mentioned "she hits harder on average" and not "she serves harder on average". Troll better.
And i said the way Serena beats Maria has nothing to do with the way Azarenka does that's what i said ( can't remember Vika serving harder than 110 mph )

Also as you said yourself Serena has the ability to go for outright winners even from far back in the court wich Azarenka can't do.

Go look at 2007 Australian Open final if you think Serena dosen't overpower Maria. She's got a much stronger built than Maria and does have more firepower ( i do agree she's somewhat changed the way she plays since working with Moratoglou ) but she can still hit it harder if she wants to than Maria.

I was just stating for a fact that she's more powerful than Maria just like Maria is more powerful than Azarenka and thats why you can't compare the way Azarenka and Serena play Maria.

So stop acting all superior when you completly missed the point of what i was saying from the start
Jun 19th, 2014 02:38 PM
Alexandros
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv5r View Post
Sure Sharapova clocks 120+ mph serves right down at Serena every matches they play
You've lost all credibility here since you cant see the difference between serve speed and the power of one's ground strokes. I specifically mentioned "she hits harder on average" and not "she serves harder on average". Troll better.
Jun 19th, 2014 02:35 PM
silv5r
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
She doesn't overpower her the majority of the time.She exposes her movement, goes for outright winners and takes the bsll early to eeny her the time to set up her shots. And unlike a lot of the other players she doesn't get overpowered by Susan in rallies. If im not mistaken it was once said that on average she hits harder than Serena.
Sure Sharapova clocks 120+ mph serves right down at Serena every matches they play
Jun 19th, 2014 02:33 PM
silv5r
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rest Maria! View Post

When Vuvu is off her game then the match can be competitive like in USO 2012 or Sharapova can even win like in Istanbul, but when Azarenka is on the candy manufacturer is no match for her (on hard courts anyway).
How convenient is that you say Vika was Off in Instanbul and US Open where she was 2 points away from winning USO against Lordrena herself ).

Then i can say Maria was clearly OFF at both Indian Wells and Australian Open hitting 50+ unforced errors and double faults all over the place.

Vika is great at catching off guard off elite players dosent make her the GOAT you see in her and as for her motivation i'm sorry but i won't forgive her on that , especially when you consider how much Sharapova has gone through and how much money and fame she got , she could've easily said i've done it all let's call it quits many times in her carrer but she always came back hungrier than ever.

So if a 24 years old who's achieved nothing in comparaison lacks motivation then i certainly won't miss her.
Jun 19th, 2014 02:31 PM
StoneRose
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
She doesn't overpower her the majority of the time.She exposes her movement, goes for outright winners and takes the bsll early to eeny her the time to set up her shots. And unlike a lot of the other players she doesn't get overpowered by Susan in rallies. If im not mistaken it was once said that on average she hits harder than Serena.
Serena plays very smart against Maria, often hits a few balls straight at her, then sends a ball with some angle but without too much risk. Maria has to reach if only slightly at that point and from that moment Serena is in control. Generally Serena's serve and power are a bit overrated, Venus relies (or used to rely) a lot more on those specific weapons for instance. Serena has adapted her game and is simply the most allround player around right now. Her only weakness is concentration and focus and that has cost her recently.
Jun 19th, 2014 02:23 PM
Alexandros
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv5r View Post
Also What? are you completly delusional ? DEAD @ you trying to compare the way Serena beats Maria to the way Vika does when it's got nothing in commun.

Let's see if Vika can even stay relevant for nearly as long as Maria and still at the top in 8-10 years from now. Sure dosent look like it at this point if you ask me
She doesn't overpower her the majority of the time.She exposes her movement, goes for outright winners and takes the bsll early to eeny her the time to set up her shots. And unlike a lot of the other players she doesn't get overpowered by Susan in rallies. If im not mistaken it was once said that on average she hits harder than Serena.
Jun 19th, 2014 02:19 PM
StoneRose
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv5r View Post
How can you even compare Sharapova to Gadjosova really?

We're talking about a player who has had to contend in one the strongest era of wta ever , who's gone through severe injuries and always bounced back wich Vika is yet to prove she can.

Sharapova's been right at the top for over 10 years, she's the only one left of that era still on top along with Serena , so obviously she had down phases too just like Serena herself had , 2009-12 uptill Stuttgart 2012 was one of those and that's the reason for those trashings.

Also What? are you completly delusional ? DEAD @ you trying to compare the way Serena beats Maria to the way Vika does when it's got nothing in commun.

Let's see if Vika can even stay relevant for nearly as long as Maria and still be at the top in 8-10 years from now. Sure dosent look like it at this point if you ask me
I'm not doing that, you did that yourself when you were focusing only on the amount of winners a certain players can hit in a match. And however way you want to turn, Maria was really thrashed about on HC in 2012 by Vika, look at the scorelines for confirmation, AO,IW,Being. As for what happen in the future, i don't know. If Vika comes back healthy and really focused as she was in 2012 i think Maria will have a hard time against her. If not Maria will prevail as you have to play your best to beat her.
Jun 19th, 2014 02:17 PM
Simugna Help
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv5r View Post
Actually i think i remember those more clearly than yourself , you just have to look at arguably the most dominant win Vika had over Maria at the Australian Open 2012 and you'll see barely any winners at all from Azarenka.

And that's the story of their rivalry Maria hitting winners or unforced errors all over the place and Vika retrieving and playing really consistent tennis.

And that's why i say it's all on Maria's racquet as she obviously has more firepower than Vika , but go ahead and live on in dreamsland if you want to believe Vika can actually outhit and overpower Maria while we all know she clearly can't.
This is utterly false. Azarenka has all the cards when they meet on hard courts, she sends flat relatively high pace balls that land within 1 meter from the baseline. Sharapova can't match Azarenka's consistency when it comes to depth, can't really construct points with the awkward balls coming from Azarenka's side, so she's forced to go for low percentage winner attempts, which obviously fail more often than not.

When Vuvu is off her game then the match can be competitive like in USO 2012 or Sharapova can even win like in Istanbul, but when Azarenka is on the candy manufacturer is no match for her (on hard courts anyway).
Jun 19th, 2014 02:11 PM
silv5r
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
With the same argument you could argue Goerges, Gajdosova and other mediocre players have the match on their racket against Vika. Generally far too much importance is attached to the ability to hit winners instead of playing just good tennis. Good players don't let you hit too many winners. The reason that Maria hits so many unforced errors against Vika is because Vika doesn't give her time to set up. Same with Serena btw, Serena doesn't overpower Maria. Serena and Vika both hit the ball early and take time away from Maria, time she really needs to play her own dominating game.
How can you even compare Sharapova to Gadjosova really?

We're talking about a player who has had to contend in one the strongest era of wta ever , who's gone through severe injuries and always bounced back wich Vika is yet to prove she can.

Sharapova's been right at the top for over 10 years, she's the only one left of that era still on top along with Serena , so obviously she had down phases too just like Serena herself had , 2009-12 uptill Stuttgart 2012 was one of those and that's the reason for those trashings.

Also
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
Serena doesn't overpower Maria
What? are you completly delusional ? DEAD @ you trying to compare the way Serena beats Maria to the way Vika does when it's got nothing in commun.

Let's see if Vika can even stay relevant for nearly as long as Maria and still be at the top in 8-10 years from now. Sure dosent look like it at this point if you ask me
Jun 19th, 2014 02:05 PM
StoneRose
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
This board seems to think everything revolves around winners. Not every unforced error is an easy put away thats been dumped into the net or outside the lines. I wished they'd also show the amount of forced errors in a match because thats what Azarenka's game is mainly about.
Exactly. It's a tricky statistic though. Was the error forced because of a good return or a deep baseline shot or unforced because the ball was more or less playable anyway. So maybe it's impossible to record this from a practical pov. But it's important to keep in mind if we judge player's games as a whole.
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome