TennisForum.com - Reply to Topic
Thread: The 2008 Electoral College Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
May 4th, 2008 05:32 AM
mykarma
Re: The 2008 Electoral College

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pureracket View Post


+



=


Oh shit you're so silly.
May 4th, 2008 05:31 AM
ptkten
Re: The 2008 Electoral College

I think the major issue here is Obama supporters can admit that Hillary has a decent chance of winning the General Election because Obama will be the nominee and they're not interested in attacking Hillary. Clinton supporters have to convince themselves and others that he has no chance in the general election because that's her only way to victory is to convince people that he's unelectable and therefore overturn the will of the voters. The problem with that is you have lifelong Democrats who are trying to destroy the party using right-wing talking points just so they can get one person elected.

Obama has just as good of a chance as Hillary to win in the general election period. I know it defeats her argument to win but it's true and the numbers back it up. Ohio is not the only state in the country that matters. The 50 state strategy is working as evidenced in LA-06 election today and Obama is the perfect candidate to run using this strategy because he hasn't disparaged over 30 of the states during the process because "they're states we won't win in the fall". This kind of attitude has relegated us to hoping we win one or two swing states instead of forcing Republicans to go on the defense. I can't wait until Obama runs his general election campaign because Republicans will not be able to take any state for granted.
May 4th, 2008 05:29 AM
Donny
Re: The 2008 Electoral College

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
The media has been crushing on Obama after PA, one. In fact, PPP had him ahead and other polls had it very tight. Then after the ABC debate, BAM. Opened up again. Weird, right? And the superdelegates are endorsing him because of delegates and votes, two. Nothing to do with the media. And again, endorsements do not translate into votes come August. A lot can happen. And clearly, you know, superdelegates can switch.

You've lost it. You're not arguing the point at hand. Only attacking tangents to appear superior. Sorry, not happening.
Wright was immediately after Wyoming. Six weeks before PA. That alone was worse than anything Hillary's recieved.

And let me just sort this out mentally: You're arguing that the media was out to get Hillary sometime between the beginning of the primary season and PA. During this period, Obama racked up an insurmountable lead in pledged delegates, a huge popular vote lead, and won 13 straight contests.

Quote:
When Hillary was crushed, it didn't show and didn't affect her, ever.
You think these things happened during the same exact period of time, and one had nothing to do with the other?
May 4th, 2008 05:24 AM
In The Zone
Re: The 2008 Electoral College

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnydarko View Post
Assuming this argument is valid, her "crushing" led her to losing 13 consecutive contests in blowouts. Yet you say it didn't effect her.

But now Obama losing PA by single digits and gaining in superdelegates is evidence of him being "destroyed"?

You've lost it.
The media has been crushing on Obama after PA, one. In fact, PPP had him ahead and other polls had it very tight. Then after the ABC debate, BAM. Opened up again. Weird, right? And the superdelegates are endorsing him because of delegates and votes, two. Nothing to do with the media. And again, endorsements do not translate into votes come August. A lot can happen. And clearly, you know, superdelegates can switch.

You've lost it. You're not arguing the point at hand. Only attacking tangents to appear superior. Sorry, not happening.
May 4th, 2008 05:21 AM
Donny
Re: The 2008 Electoral College

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
Let me say this again. When Hillary was crushed, it didn't show and didn't affect her, ever.

It's destroying Obama all over.
Assuming this argument is valid, her "crushing" led her to losing 13 consecutive contests in blowouts. Yet you say it didn't effect her.

But now Obama losing PA by single digits and gaining in superdelegates is evidence of him being "destroyed"?

You've lost it.
May 4th, 2008 05:17 AM
In The Zone
Re: The 2008 Electoral College

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnydarko View Post
Why are you not able to follow a sequential set of thoughts?

You said Hillary was getting "crushed" by the media. Obama has received the most negative news coverage of any candidate this primary season. But if making up mythical media bogeymen makes you feel better, be my guest.
Let me say this again. When Hillary was crushed, it didn't show and didn't affect her, ever.

It's destroying Obama all over.
May 4th, 2008 05:15 AM
Donny
Re: The 2008 Electoral College

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
The thing is though is that people know Hillary Clinton. They know her positives, they know her negatives. When the media crushes on her and they don't stop reporting on her, YET she still wins in states shows you that it doesn't resonate. She's a fighter and she wins. No one can deny that a Clinton will win regardless of the circumstances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnydarko View Post
Wright and the bitter comments are THE most covered news items of the year. Hillary's getting "crushed" in your dreams, perhaps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
Why do you troll threads, never post anything towards the topic, and that contribute like this?

When she was getting crushed, it did not reflect in the polls or the votes. It doesn't phase her.

And look at Obama. Indiana is swinging Hillary's direction more and more and North Carolina is now going to be a weak victory.
Why are you not able to follow a sequential set of thoughts?

You said Hillary was getting "crushed" by the media. Obama has received the most negative news coverage of any candidate this primary season. But if making up mythical media bogeymen makes you feel better, be my guest.
May 4th, 2008 05:07 AM
In The Zone
Re: The 2008 Electoral College

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnydarko View Post
Wright and the bitter comments are THE most covered news items of the year. Hillary's getting "crushed" in your dreams, perhaps.
Why do you troll threads, never post anything towards the topic, and that contribute like this?

When she was getting crushed, it did not reflect in the polls or the votes. It doesn't phase her.

And look at Obama. Indiana is swinging Hillary's direction more and more and North Carolina is now going to be a weak victory.
May 4th, 2008 04:59 AM
In The Zone
Re: The 2008 Electoral College

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalit View Post
Please dont joke
that will never happen

i am more inclined to think that obama is the presidential nominee
he needs john edwards to be his vp to reassure reagan democrats

obama may turn a few red states purple but he has difficulty holding swing states
(ohio, pennsylvania,florida)

260 odd seats are locks for the democrats
one of the 3 (ohio,florida or Pennsylvania will seal the deal for hillary
hillary will win small or lose small
obama may make a lot of the solid south competitive but has difficulty holding onto the rust belt states
obama will really be about "change" since he can either win big or lose big
I think that's the issue. We know Hillary can win. But Obama puts other things in play. But can he win them? That's the bet that we have to decide.
May 4th, 2008 04:58 AM
Donny
Re: The 2008 Electoral College

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
The thing is though is that people know Hillary Clinton. They know her positives, they know her negatives. When the media crushes on her and they don't stop reporting on her, YET she still wins in states shows you that it doesn't resonate. She's a fighter and she wins. No one can deny that a Clinton will win regardless of the circumstances.
Wright and the bitter comments are THE most covered news items of the year. Hillary's getting "crushed" in your dreams, perhaps.
May 4th, 2008 04:58 AM
CJ07
Re: The 2008 Electoral College

When was that done? Because most all polls now show McCain beating Obama by 4-6 points
May 4th, 2008 04:57 AM
In The Zone
Re: The 2008 Electoral College

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyking View Post
Don't you know the difference between Super Tuesday 1 and Super Tuesday 2

I guess that explains your logic all along then
Oops! Didn't see the 2. But Hillary will win Arkansas. Lock is an understatement.
May 4th, 2008 04:56 AM
Expat
Re: The 2008 Electoral College

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
Exactly.

But also, when we discuss Hillary as the nominee, it must also be noted that it is also understood Obama is the VP.
Please dont joke
that will never happen

i am more inclined to think that obama is the presidential nominee
he needs john edwards to be his vp to reassure reagan democrats

obama may turn a few red states purple but he has difficulty holding swing states
(ohio, pennsylvania,florida)

260 odd seats are locks for the democrats
one of the 3 (ohio,florida or Pennsylvania will seal the deal for hillary
hillary will win small or lose small
obama may make a lot of the solid south competitive but has difficulty holding onto the rust belt states
obama will really be about "change" since he can either win big or lose big
May 4th, 2008 04:51 AM
kittyking
Re: The 2008 Electoral College

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
There was one taken LONG after Super Tuesday and she was KILLING. Let me find.
Don't you know the difference between Super Tuesday 1 and Super Tuesday 2

I guess that explains your logic all along then
May 4th, 2008 04:50 AM
kittyking
Re: The 2008 Electoral College

This is going to be a very close election race, and once again it will come down to probably one or two states. I think these could be Ohio and Colorado, and well the way these are going you have to slightly favor the Republicans at this point.......................Bring on November
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome