Dementieva, Jankovic Set Up Semi-Final Clash!
September 2nd, 2008
New York City, USA
The ninth day of the US Open only featured two matches, Elena Dementieva taking on Patty Schnyder and Jelena Jankovic contesting against Sybille Bammer. The two most likely victors were the actual victors this time around as both Dementieva and Jankovic moved on to the Semi-Finals. Dementieva dispatched an outplayed Patty Schynder with a 6-2, 6-3 scoreline, which some would say was too easy. However Dementieva is now on an eleven match winning streak and is looking good to go to the Finals.
Jelena Jankovic played during the night session on Louis Armstrong Stadium, where she took on Sybille Bammer. Jankovic looked strong in her match, out hitting Bammer and simply looking and playing some of the best tennis she has all of the last week and a half. Jankovic moves on to her 2nd US Open Semi-Final with a 6-1, 6-4 victory. I still give the edge to Dementieva to make it to the Finals and for Jankovic to continue searching for her first Grand Slam Final.
Arthur Ashe Stadium:
(5)Elena Dementieva d. (15)Patty Schnyder - 6-2, 6-3
Louis Armstrong Stadium:
(2)Jelena Jankovic d. (29)Sybille Bammer - 6-1, 6-4
Top 10 Seeds:
1. Ana Ivanovic - Lost in Round 2 (Coin)
2. Jelana Jankovic - Semi-Finals
3. Svetlana Kuznetsova - Lost in Round 3 (Srebotnik)
4. Serena Williams - Quarter-Finals
5. Elena Dementieva - Semi-Finals
6. Dinara Safina - Quarter-Finals
7. Venus Williams - Quarter-Finals
8. Vera Zvonareva - Lost in Round 2 (Perebiynis)
9. Agnieszka Radwanska - Lost in Round of 16 (V. Williams)
10. Anna Chakvetadze - Lost in Round 1 (Makarova)
Total Comments 1
|Posted Oct 23rd, 2008 at 07:22 AM by wengdongqin|
Total Trackbacks 0