PDA

View Full Version : Which current top ten playeris Least likely to ever win a slam?

Blazedboy
Feb 15th, 2002, 07:17 PM
There are only four in the top ten who have not won a Grand Slam

My pick, Jelena Dokic: she is more mentally tough than Henin and Mauresmo, but I don't think she has the ability...what do ya'll think?

Bright Red
Feb 15th, 2002, 07:22 PM
I think you should have added "None of the above. I think they'll all win a slam". That's how I'd vote.

Blazedboy
Feb 15th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Least likely doesn't mean she won't do it.....

Monica_Rules
Feb 15th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Jelena Dokic i just cant see it happening!If she can beat Lindsay,Martina and Jenny then maybe she could!

Bright Red
Feb 15th, 2002, 07:40 PM
True, Blazedboy.

I'll answer in a round about way then. I think the last of the four to win a slam will be Justine Henin for two reasons.

First, she seems to be falling into the shadow of Clisters, and this could create some sort of mental block that could affect her play against all of the top players. Second, her playing style seems to place her on surfaces where the best players also perform best.

Momo and Clijsters seem to be more capable on clay so they'll avoid much of the keen competition found on other surfaces.

Dokic's training appears to have worked. I now believe Dokic will be able to hold her own against the top players.

Keith
Feb 15th, 2002, 08:15 PM
Right now, I could not see any of them squeaking out a grand slam title. But certainly in the next couple of years. All except Dokic have been to a grand slam final.

Ryan
Feb 15th, 2002, 08:45 PM
And Clijsters and Henin took 2 top players to three sets. They both play well on clay, and Henin could win Wimbledon if she can play against Venus like she did in her straight set victory over her in Germany.

Momo, and Dokic probably wont win a grand slam til the best are gone completely.

MLF
Feb 15th, 2002, 08:55 PM
I can't see Dokic or Henin beating enough top players in a row to win any Slams though perhaps with some help from the draw they could.
Clijsters seems the most likely to win one of this group to me and I don't think Amelie will but if she catches fire in a tournament then everybody better watch out.

Linton
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:43 PM
All 4 of these players do have a reasonable chance of winning a grand slam. They are all young great athletes. Henin and Clijsters have both been in finals of grandslams. I see why not.

Clijsters will win a grandslam outta the next 4 of them.

disposablehero
Feb 15th, 2002, 11:03 PM
Amelie is the oldest by several years. That seems like an important criteria.

angele87
Feb 15th, 2002, 11:26 PM
Wow nobody voted for kim :) that's awesome!! I voted for Momo... don't think she has what it takes to do it!

Jordan.
Feb 15th, 2002, 11:30 PM
Wow,Kim hasnt even gotten a vote...:eek: I think Amelies chances are over,sorry...:sad:

Kart
Feb 16th, 2002, 12:47 AM
I think that Amelie or Kim are the most likely.

I don't much like Justine's chances for quite a few years and on Dokic I'm reserving judgement after she beat Monica last week (otherwise I'd have said never for her).