Who will win this match??

azza
Jan 16th, 2004, 04:15 AM
Trudi :o

louloubelle
Jan 16th, 2004, 04:45 AM
Trudi :o
Score??

Id love Trudi to get her first slam win. I predict 6-4 2-6 6-3.

bello
Jan 16th, 2004, 05:25 AM
Yeah Trudi's got a good chance here, i'd be really so to see her get up in this match!

Although, Evie is really needing this win..!

Trudi to win 3-6 6-3 6-4

aussie_stars
Jan 16th, 2004, 05:43 AM
I tip trudi to, i think she might do it in 2.

rusty_red_head
Jan 16th, 2004, 05:47 AM
I think Evie will win she likes main draws and has more experience in grandslams!

AUSBOY
Jan 16th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Evie will win it, but I want Trudi too!

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 16th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Trudi won the last meeting 7-6 in the 3rd, I think it was 1-6, 7-5, 7-6....

Evie will be nervous yet she looked good last week, unfortunately Trudi hasn't played a singles for awhile, I think Trudi can give her a good match...

dubro
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:04 PM
i go for trudi

but experience is important in these matches....

surely ill paw this match :bounce:

Mattographer
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:06 PM
C'mon Trudi!! Prove TA wrong!! :bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 17th, 2004, 11:54 AM
go Trudi ;) :D
I think she will win this as well.

anabel
Jan 17th, 2004, 04:12 PM
I hope Trudi wins. I saw her on an ITF in Spain so i hope she can do well here.

azza
Jan 17th, 2004, 11:12 PM
I want Evie to win :sad: she has 3rd roun points to Defend :o

AUSBOY
Jan 18th, 2004, 12:50 AM
why do people think Trudi will win? I mean I want her to, it would shove it up Tennis Australia a bit. Poor Trudi has had no recognition from Tennis Australia after earning the Australian Unity wildcard i.e was not granted a single wildcard during the Aust Circuit.

Trudi failed to beat Abramovic when it counted in Canberra after winning their last two matches. I expect she will crumble against Evie, but I really hope Im wrong

AUSBOY
Jan 18th, 2004, 12:50 AM
I also think there will be more desperation in Evie's play, I think she will win in straight sets

Douggie
Jan 18th, 2004, 04:13 AM
i actually think Evie can win lol the girl needs to win :p

TS
Jan 18th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Evie has a new coach now...Corina Morariu's ex husband/coach :eek:

Evie is a superior player and should win...but I really wouldn't be surprised if Trudi got through. Meh, we'll find out tomorrow.

louloubelle
Jan 19th, 2004, 02:55 AM
why do people think Trudi will win? I mean I want her to, it would shove it up Tennis Australia a bit. Poor Trudi has had no recognition from Tennis Australia after earning the Australian Unity wildcard i.e was not granted a single wildcard during the Aust Circuit.

Trudi failed to beat Abramovic when it counted in Canberra after winning their last two matches. I expect she will crumble against Evie, but I really hope Im wrong
My heart rules for a Trudi win, but it's true Evie will probably be more desperate for the win to defend 3rd pts. But in most cases with Evie desperation turns into anger and then tentativeness. It comes down to who can keep their minds intact..... we'll find out in a few hours....

anthonyqld
Jan 19th, 2004, 04:44 AM
has had no recognition from Tennis Australia after earning the Australian Unity wildcard

Is that given by winning a tournament?

Trudi served for the match only to be broken.

anthonyqld
Jan 19th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Anyone know which one was injured?

There was about a 7-8 minute break between the 2nd and 3rd sets.

louloubelle
Jan 19th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Bathroom break??

aussie_stars
Jan 19th, 2004, 05:34 AM
How hot is it in Melbourne today? could it have been the heat rule? they said on tv its pretty hot. probably just a bathroom break though.

anyway...looks like evie is going to win. Trudi had a match point in the 2nd!!!!

louloubelle
Jan 19th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Evie 4-6 7-5 6-3

Must have been an excrutiating close match.

Hopefully someone will post a match report :)

Randy H
Jan 19th, 2004, 05:46 AM
What an awful way for Trudi to lose :sad: Served for it with 2 match points and was unable to seal the deal...A real shame as I am sure she would have loved to get the win and shove that in Tennis Australia's face, but I hope that she will take it all as a positive experience and have a positive 2004.

azza
Jan 19th, 2004, 05:53 AM
Trudi :rolleyes: :sad:

TS
Jan 19th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Poor Trudi did choke on those two match points...very tight!! Evie did fight well though.

I saw most of the first set, and I've gotta say it was high quality tennis. Missed the second until I came back when Trudi was serving for it...Evie can count herself lucky.

In the 3rd both girls dropped their level (especially Trudi) and it wasn't the prettiest of spectacles as Evie coasted toward the end (and fell over, causing some discomfort to her foot in the last game!!!), and Trudi just seemed like she knew her time was up.

Great to see Trudi smiling and chatting away for ages to her supporters after the match...no sore loser here! :) In that first set I've never seen Trudi play so well! She was great, and played like a top 200 player. Great serve as well! Hopefully she can keep working on her singles this year...she can get better.

ozfan44
Jan 19th, 2004, 09:13 AM
trudi should have won that match evie playing like shit lately