PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 Qualifying - Gossip & Observations

TS
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Hi...Im a day late, oops.

I don't think I'll do any match reports as there are already some excellent reports done in here...so I thought I'd just offer my observations on players etc and report on some goss ;)

I didn't go today as I had a pretty big night and couldn't be bothered when I woke up, not to mentioned the fact I got a rather sunburnt face yesterday and my pores need some TLC...I'll endeavour to go tomorrow.

OK here we go:

Most of the Aussie WC girls (except Adamczak, Breadmore, Cupac and Horiatopoulos) were a joke and got their asses handed to them on a silver platter....Adriana Barna has homicidal tendencies, Mervana Jugic-Salkic is a very impressive player and I finally got to see this enigma, Daja Bedanova is off the planet in her own little world, Meilen Tu is a little cutie, Anne Keothavong = streaky as all fuck, Barbora Strycova is still a little firecracker I like this girl!! :D, Tatiana Poutchek v Lenka Nemeckova = never ending rallies, Tzipora Obziler v Elena Tatarkova = never ending rallies. Yawn. Tian Tian Sun is going places, Lara Giltinan is the WORST player ever, Lleyton Hewitt's mum reminds me of a wrinkled extra from Prisoner Cell Block H (Jon, remember Lil Stokes?), Jennifer Hopkins is gorgeous, Maria Kirilenko was not all that impressive but SUCH A CUTIE, Marie-Eve Pelletier has the most annoying Aussie female coach ever...one is like SHUT UP WOMAN, Angela Haynes smacks the ball as hard as anyone, Olga Barabanschikova is the friendliest player ever, even after a loss was happy to chat with fans rather than behave like a sour faced cow...rada can tell you more about this :), Roberta Vinci doesn't seem to play well on Rebound Ace but if the tour was on grass, hello, we have a winner.

*break*

Nicole Pratt is so into Christina Wheeler, Sarah Stone wishes she was so into Christina Wheeler, Mark Woodforde's hair is less red but he's still as ugly as sin, someone (I forgot who, was it Liggan?) was wearing an old Amy Frazier outfit and I had to take a moment, Sybille Bammer's kid is a real cutie with energy to burn...poor mum was getting ready to play her match but had to chase the kid who was hiding and running away under the seats, Ruxandra Dragomir-Ilie (watching the Vanc match) also had a pram with her...I imagine a kid was in it. I didnt know she was a mother :confused: Someone needs to tell the organisers, that yes, people do go to qualifying (lots of people in fact) and they need to get their ATM's WORKING!!! :mad: Thank you bello for lunch, you know Im buying you lunch on Tuesday :angel: *cough*

Where was I?

Evgenia Koulikovskaia's two forehands never get boring to watch, strangely compelling even if she was getting her ass kicked. Someone reduced poor Svetlana Krivencheva to tears, Adriana Barna v ROberta Vinci = World Championshop Wrestling, one complained LOTS (Barna), one called the other a slut in Italian (Vinci), one threatened to smash a ball at the others camp (Barna) ahhh :lol:, if Janet Lee loses any more weight Im afraid she'll disappear, Kaia Kanepi hits the ball HARD...if she stays healthy, top 100 here we come, Janette Husarova is looking fit and ready to go, Rita Kuti Kis isn't (looking fit that is), Ludmila Skavronskaia walked past me and is twice my height, she politely said sorry when she bumped into me...she could have just picked me up and thrown me 100 meters but no, she was nice and charming. Jarmila Gajdosova is a very impressive kid, and Marissa Irvin is in no (wo)mans land, Natalie Grandin is still rather, um, large, but such a talented lefty and nice to watch, Christina Horiatopoulos is such a cutie you just want to pinch her cheeks, Jaslyn Hewitt has taken to swearing in Swedish, Monique Adamczak is one of the hardest hitters I've seen ranked outside the top 250, Dubravka Cupac is a fine young player with lots of spunk and a bright future ahead...and, well that's it!!!

GoSandrine
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the report Terry! :kiss:

Glad you got to see some of Jennifer H and Meilen. Yes, they are lookers. :hearts:

Sounds like the Barna - Vinci match was a real doozy but I didn't know you knew Italian? ;)

TS
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:53 AM
I had an Italian translator ;)

smarties
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Thanx mate. you report was verry different from the others...verry funny and ``gossipy``:)

louloubelle
Jan 16th, 2004, 01:12 AM
Now that's a report that I really like!!!!! :lol:

Did Nicole and Christina exchange looks during the tense moments??
Did it look like Nicole was riding (no pun intended) every bump with her?
Was Sarah Stone SMS'ing (new-age stalking) Christina?
I heard Lara has a tendency to hit forehands into the back fence. True/Untrue
Did Amanda Grahame show any emotion when she got wiped??
Has Grandin been taking training tips off DeSwaardt?

C'mon details!!!

sartrista7
Jan 16th, 2004, 01:15 AM
Terry - lovin' it! Thricefold! Comedy genius. I really wish I'd seen Roby vs Adriana ;)

All hail your inner bitch :D

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 16th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Great!!! Maybe Marie-Eve's coach is annoying, but it seems like she is working!

bello
Jan 16th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Yes, his italian translator was very skillful indeed!!!!!!!

The Vinci camp wasnt too impressed with Barna at all, in fact they bitched about her as walking off from the court, "what was her F**king problem" is the best transklation!!!

GoDominique
Jan 16th, 2004, 01:24 AM
Thanks. :lol:

Lots of comments on Adriana Barna ;) - but no one can explain how she wasted that 4-0 lead in the 3rd set. :mad: :shrug:

TS
Jan 16th, 2004, 01:26 AM
Roby v Adriana was awesome :D The look Roby gave her when she complained for the umpteenth time in one game was priceless.

loulou! - OK, Nicole Pratt was rugged up in her towel (why, was she sweating?) in a top corner of the stands...she looked rather bored...clapped a few times etc etc...remained calm... then threw in a few wolf whistles ;) haha

As for Sarah...she was sucking up to Nicole Arendt during the match, and when she didn't get nowhere with her, no doubt turned her attention to 'Wheels'. Too late Sarah.

No, Lara didn't hit any into the back fence (that I saw)...but does the side fence count?

Amanda? Emotion? :lol:

Grandin rocks! :D About time someone continued on the Mariaan legacy.

gorecki
Jan 16th, 2004, 01:41 AM
:lol:
Good one Tezza! :yeah:

louloubelle
Jan 16th, 2004, 02:21 AM
Roby v Adriana was awesome :D The look Roby gave her when she complained for the umpteenth time in one game was priceless.

loulou! - OK, Nicole Pratt was rugged up in her towel (why, was she sweating?) in a top corner of the stands...she looked rather bored...clapped a few times etc etc...remained calm... then threw in a few wolf whistles ;) haha

As for Sarah...she was sucking up to Nicole Arendt during the match, and when she didn't get nowhere with her, no doubt turned her attention to 'Wheels'. Too late Sarah.

No, Lara didn't hit any into the back fence (that I saw)...but does the side fence count?

Amanda? Emotion? :lol:

Grandin rocks! :D About time someone continued on the Mariaan legacy.
TS thanx for the elaboration :) Im pissing myself laughing here!

As for Nicole - it sounds like Wheeler's game is mirroring hers. You know the saying: couples who live together begin to look like each other!

God Sarah.... from Samantha Stosur to Nicole Arendt!! Thats like going from Crown Lager to Tooheys Blue!

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 16th, 2004, 03:20 AM
Thanks for the gossip...err report :p ;)

azza
Jan 16th, 2004, 03:43 AM
Hi...Im a day late, oops.

I don't think I'll do any match reports as there are already some excellent reports done in here...so I thought I'd just offer my observations on players etc and report on some goss ;)

I didn't go today as I had a pretty big night and couldn't be bothered when I woke up, not to mentioned the fact I got a rather sunburnt face yesterday and my pores need some TLC...I'll endeavour to go tomorrow.

OK here we go:

Most of the Aussie WC girls (except Adamczak, Breadmore, Cupac and Horiatopoulos) were a joke and got their asses handed to them on a silver platter....Adriana Barna has homicidal tendencies, Mervana Jugic-Salkic is a very impressive player and I finally got to see this enigma, Daja Bedanova is off the planet in her own little world, Meilen Tu is a little cutie, Anne Keothavong = streaky as all fuck, Barbora Strycova is still a little firecracker I like this girl!! :D, Tatiana Poutchek v Lenka Nemeckova = never ending rallies, Tzipora Obziler v Elena Tatarkova = never ending rallies. Yawn. Tian Tian Sun is going places, Lara Giltinan is the WORST player ever, Lleyton Hewitt's mum reminds me of a wrinkled extra from Prisoner Cell Block H (Jon, remember Lil Stokes?), Jennifer Hopkins is gorgeous, Maria Kirilenko was not all that impressive but SUCH A CUTIE, Marie-Eve Pelletier has the most annoying Aussie female coach ever...one is like SHUT UP WOMAN, Angela Haynes smacks the ball as hard as anyone, Olga Barabanschikova is the friendliest player ever, even after a loss was happy to chat with fans rather than behave like a sour faced cow...rada can tell you more about this :), Roberta Vinci doesn't seem to play well on Rebound Ace but if the tour was on grass, hello, we have a winner.

*break*

Nicole Pratt is so into Christina Wheeler, Sarah Stone wishes she was so into Christina Wheeler, Mark Woodforde's hair is less red but he's still as ugly as sin, someone (I forgot who, was it Liggan?) was wearing an old Amy Frazier outfit and I had to take a moment, Sybille Bammer's kid is a real cutie with energy to burn...poor mum was getting ready to play her match but had to chase the kid who was hiding and running away under the seats, Ruxandra Dragomir-Ilie (watching the Vanc match) also had a pram with her...I imagine a kid was in it. I didnt know she was a mother :confused: Someone needs to tell the organisers, that yes, people do go to qualifying (lots of people in fact) and they need to get their ATM's WORKING!!! :mad: Thank you bello for lunch, you know Im buying you lunch on Tuesday :angel: *cough*

Where was I?

Evgenia Koulikovskaia's two forehands never get boring to watch, strangely compelling even if she was getting her ass kicked. Someone reduced poor Svetlana Krivencheva to tears, Adriana Barna v ROberta Vinci = World Championshop Wrestling, one complained LOTS (Barna), one called the other a slut in Italian (Vinci), one threatened to smash a ball at the others camp (Barna) ahhh :lol:, if Janet Lee loses any more weight Im afraid she'll disappear, Kaia Kanepi hits the ball HARD...if she stays healthy, top 100 here we come, Janette Husarova is looking fit and ready to go, Rita Kuti Kis isn't (looking fit that is), Ludmila Skavronskaia walked past me and is twice my height, she politely said sorry when she bumped into me...she could have just picked me up and thrown me 100 meters but no, she was nice and charming. Jarmila Gajdosova is a very impressive kid, and Marissa Irvin is in no (wo)mans land, Natalie Grandin is still rather, um, large, but such a talented lefty and nice to watch, Christina Horiatopoulos is such a cutie you just want to pinch her cheeks, Jaslyn Hewitt has taken to swearing in Swedish, Monique Adamczak is one of the hardest hitters I've seen ranked outside the top 250, Dubravka Cupac is a fine young player with lots of spunk and a bright future ahead...and, well that's it!!!

OMG More More More :haha: :clap2: :haha: :haha: :clap2: :haha: :clap2: :haha: :haha: :clap2: :haha: :clap2: :haha: :haha: :clap2: :haha: :clap2: :haha: :haha: :clap2: :haha: :clap2: :haha: :haha: :clap2: :haha: :clap2: :haha: :haha: :clap2: :haha: :clap2: :haha: :haha: :clap2:

Erdinger
Jan 16th, 2004, 03:43 AM
Great, thanks, that was real fun to read! Please more!! :bounce:

:lol: @ Adriana, what a difference she shows on and off the court. When I met her last September here in a local pub, she was so friendly and nice. :) :cool:

rated_next
Jan 16th, 2004, 05:08 AM
:haha:

i needed that

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 16th, 2004, 09:44 AM
thanx Terry for the report, great details ;) :lol:

crazillo
Jan 16th, 2004, 09:46 AM
what made krivencheva having tears????

Experimentee
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Is it true that Wheeler and Pratt are a couple? :eek: I didnt even know they were dykes! Cool, they are my two fave Aussies lol.

matthias
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:19 PM
real gossip - thats what i like :D

Fantastic
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Sarah Stone is a MAN, baby! She da MAN! :lol:

Nicky Pratt an el-cabello-dyko? Of course! She's a MAN, baby! Nicky and Mark Woodforde could almost be sisters. :lol:

Natalie Grandin ATE a man, baby! :eek:

I think Dubravka owes someone some money for the little ass-smoochies at the end there. ;) :p

spiceboy
Jan 16th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Terry :worship: :worship: :worship:

JonBcn
Jan 16th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Lleyton Hewitt's mum reminds me of a wrinkled extra from Prisoner Cell Block H (Jon, remember Lil Stokes?)

absolut
Jan 16th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Ludmila Skavronskaia walked past me and is twice my height, she politely said sorry when she bumped into me...she could have just picked me up and thrown me 100 meters but no, she was nice and charming.

Thanks, TS, Liouda is indeed very nice and charming. Pity we won't get to see more of her in the Aussie Open :sad: ...

le-plus-beau
Jan 16th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Real Real Fun!!!!

More!!!!!

You Should Be A Journalist!

Farina Elia Fan
Jan 16th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Anne Keothavong = streaky as all fuck

was she really that bad!

paul_masterton
Jan 16th, 2004, 05:12 PM
no1 else repoted on teh keothavong match, seeing as we brits are resigned to failure, can u just tell us how horrific she was to watch?

Princess Fiona
Jan 16th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Terry... *applauding* :)

TS
Jan 17th, 2004, 03:27 AM
Yes, his italian translator was very skillful indeed!!!!!!!

hehe, I didn't see this before....very skillful indeed ;)

Guys, thanks for the feedback but unfortunately there won't be anymore qualifying reporting as I didn't go to the final two rounds...I was going to go today but something else came up :angel:

Bring on the main draw I guess :)

macmillan & Paul - By streaky I meant that Anne can really impress on a few instances, but then leaves you scratching your head on other occassions. I didnt see much, but I think she's a good player, but a tad headcase-y. She's one of the better British players I've seen in a long time however (but, yeah, not much to compare her with, trust me I know...I follow the Aussies too).

Experimentee - Beats me ;) I started the rumour over a year ago, and what I say goes! I'm never wrong in these instances...I mean, hello! They're inseperable :hearts:

crazillo - I have no idea...she was walking back to the locker room and was in tears with her coach, saying something about someone...I felt bad for her.

Fantastic - the cheques in the mail :lol:

:wavey: