I know!!!

How awful...

azza
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:24 AM
i hope she gets a game :tape:

kell
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:36 AM
i hope she gets a game :tape:
Well...I guess to find a positive you could say it'll be a learning experience for her...

aussie_stars
Jan 16th, 2004, 01:15 AM
Apart from poor Olivia, i kind of like the draw. Pratty has a tough first up match against Shaughnessy, but its winnable.

Dominikovic and Musgrave will be interesting. If Alicia is fit she has a great chance, with a qualifier and then probably Hantuchova. Stosur has an ok first up match, but then it would be Petrova.

TS
Jan 16th, 2004, 01:36 AM
Poor Livvy :sad:

This could ruin a fledgling career....thanks Tennis Australia. Hopefully Livvy is different though and this WONT fuck her career up.

~|Naomi|~
Jan 16th, 2004, 02:40 AM
How tennis australia can justify this by saying it will help her in thr future, who knows?

louloubelle
Jan 16th, 2004, 04:08 AM
Hopefully she can have a good time in a big stadium and see what she has to work up to, to be the best. If she takes it too seriously then it could be disastrous.

It reminds me in 89 when Kerry Anne Guse (she was 17-18) played Steffi Graf and won 3 games! The crowd got behind her and both her and Steffi seemed to have a great time!!

The draw is OK. Evie and Trudi is a great match up. Judging by their last encounter, something like 7-5 in the 3rd, it will be a close and nervy one!!! Evie pushing everything back, trudi trying to make sure her forehand doesn't fly around everywhere.

With some possible withdrawals eg. Clijsters, Petrova, is it possible that Shaughnessy maybe be moved elsewhere in the draw (supposedly the withdrawal is b4 Monday??) Tho Nicole's a chance here definitely. Don't like her chances against Vera in rnd 3 tho!

Hopefully Molik's OK - her draw is good for a 4th rnd showing.

Would Dellacqua be a chance against Cervanova??

Stosur vs Talaja - a fit and in-form Sam I hope could get thru. Petrova maybe a withdrawal or at best the power serving of Kapros may get her in rnd 1.

rusty_red_head
Jan 16th, 2004, 05:49 AM
At least will see Oliva's match on T.V!!!!

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 16th, 2004, 05:54 AM
I see this as a positive not a negative, she gets to have the epxerience to play infront of 10,000 or so aainst the World No 1, it will mature her greatly :)

dubro
Jan 16th, 2004, 05:45 PM
not so bad, lately

she will probaly plays on centre court and tv will show her :bounce: :D
she can be a star for one day !!!

...if i only think dubz should have been there ....

SM
Jan 16th, 2004, 11:13 PM
yueah it will be fun to see olivia on tv. i havent seen her play in 2 yrs so interested to see if shes improved atleast,

ozfan44
Jan 19th, 2004, 09:28 AM
i dont think she had much fun in losing 06 06

azza
Jan 19th, 2004, 10:36 AM
yueah it will be fun to see olivia on tv. i havent seen her play in 2 yrs so interested to see if shes improved atleast,

Has she improved? :p

SM
Jan 19th, 2004, 07:54 PM
i only saw the first game but she seems to be hitting it harder and playing more uni-dimensional....but i guess she was doing so b/c if she didnt attack justine would eat up all she gave anyway

the old olivia ie 13 years old, seemed to play a much more defensive style with topspin, angles, slices....and i think its hard to judge her performance vs justine b/c of the nerves and fact she mustve gone all out on every ball an dnot played her normal style.

ozfan44
Jan 21st, 2004, 06:50 AM
she has improved a bit

louloubelle
Jan 27th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Smacked in the first rnd of juniors 6-0 6-0. Not sure how good her opponent is. :confused:
But for one of our prospects not a great score and not the best indication of a main draw w/c being intelligently given either!

Douggie
Jan 28th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Peer beat Ferguson in the 2nd round of the Juniors 3-6 6-1 6-1 :eek: