PDA

View Full Version : Aus Open Radio ???

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 15th, 2004, 06:16 PM
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/interactive/radio/index.html

This section will be available on 15 January 2004.:confused: :confused: (Thu is 15th)

anyone find out if it worked on Thurs or if it will ??

a cool idea :D if it does.

Smart
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:18 PM
If I am right there wasn't a radio at the Oz Open last year.

LucasArg
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:51 PM
I hope it works this year!:p

croat123
Jan 15th, 2004, 08:18 PM
they probably meant monday, i doubt they will have it for qualies.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 17th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Hopefully it works tomorrow :)

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 17th, 2004, 09:30 PM
I hope it works :):)

andrew_uk
Jan 17th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Hmmmmm I hope they hurry up..... Last year, Radio Wimbledon kept playing a repeated preview of the championships a few days before the tournament started. It had the Wimbledon music ('Purple and Green' - the orchestral one :D ) as its theme and frequently used it in the background. It was great coz I was living in a university flat within the 5 mile radius of Wimbledon so I could even get it on my stereo lol :) Going back to the subject, I hope there is Australian Open Radio by Monday :)

Chris_G
Jan 18th, 2004, 06:18 AM
There's a little three minute "preview show" on the radio link now, so it looks like they will be up and running during the tournament.

Duckie
Jan 21st, 2004, 05:14 AM
I found this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/sportsextra/schedule.shtml
When I listen to it I just get the promos repeating over and over again but that's because the show hasn't actually started yet. It starts at 5AM EST and I'm still in bed then.

It says "Live, uninterrupted commentary from the Australian Open." which I don't think is true. Because it says the schedule is 08:25 - 14:00, so in Melbourne time that would be 18:25 - 24:00. The matches start at 10 AM at the Australian Open in the earlier rounds. They probably only have live commentary for the night matches. If it actually works, I'll let you guys know.