PDA

View Full Version : Aust Open Day 1 report and gossip!

AUSBOY
Jan 15th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Well since TS, Monsboy, rada, & bello have all been too slack I'll elaborate more on the days event.

Got in there with TS shortly after 10am, heading str8 for Wheeler vs Benesova. Christina played ok but her game has become very baseline orientated, she lost her variety of shot, she used to play more adventurously and mix it up more, but today it was just baseline duels and she came of best against Iveta who likes flat rallies.

Of course Nicole Pratt was there watching her lover. As was another Aussie dyke Sarah Stone who was trying to pick up a certain Nicole Arendt! :rolleyes:

Nicole Arendt now has some involvement with Tennis Australia, not sure exactly what but she has a Tennis Australia Official tag on and she was talking about toning down her schedule.

Sarah Stone was discussing the fact she's been naggled by injuries since Wimbledon last year. Sarah Stone/Nicole Sewell have been granted a wildcard for the womens doubles!

Arendt was very interested to hear what Sarah had to say about the wildcard debarcles. A lot of the aussie girls are very upset, and no one from Tennis Australia is brave enough to claim responsibility for the controversial decisions.

Anyhow back to the match Wheeler lost but not before saving 7 match points and comin close to evening things up in the 2nd set. IMO Christina need to add more topspin to her game, Iveta really was in her groove today with what Wheeler dished her up.

Matches out of sequence.

Saw some of Grahame vs Skavronskaia, was a boring match, basically no rallies, Lioudmila either hits it out or in, a bit like Grahame. Both girls served pretty well. Just one break of serve in each set meant Grahame went down 6-4 6-4

Lindsay Lee-Waters vs Bacheva - Lindsay was playing ok, grunting her usual way. (I really think she still thinks she's giving birth again when she's on court!) Bacheva played well for her, I thought she would have gotten thrashed but it was a reasonably close match. Lots of long rallies but Lindsay having the edge with her extra power.

Breadmore vs Giltinan - What can I saw, Lara has the worst forehand I have ever seen and an attitude greater than Mary Pierce LOL Lauren just had to basically hit the ball in the court to win this. Such a waste of a wildcard, Lara has no consistency at all!

Krivencheva vs Tamaela - Didnt see the match but Svetlana was in tears after it, I think somebody whether it was Elise or some one in the crowd was using dirty tactics to put her off her game.

Diaz-Oliva vs Alternate - Ospina (Abramovic wihtdrew) Diaz-Oliva looked to playing exactly how she used to when i saw her last time. Not that impressive, she won the first set more on Ospina's errors. The 2nd set though Ospina was really cutting done her errors but using her power, and she has plenty. She raced ahead but then started making too many errors again and Mariana wrapped it up.

Szili vs Kanepi - Kaia literally outpowered Adriana, she played very well. Adriana was defensive the whole match, Adriana was scrambling ok but Kanepi was just in another league. In fairness though Adriana was giving her a lot of short balls.

Vinci vs Barna - Boy Barna is a fighter, gutsy effort here. She doesnt have much power but she gives it everything. Vinci on the other hand plays very loose, in fact very loose, I dont think she was wearing a bra today. Her titties were bouncing everywhere leaving big wet nipple marks on her top. Anyway she held firm and managed the win somehow.

Irvin vs Gajdosova - Jarmila was just too good in all areas today for Marissa, hitting with great depth and causing Irvin to spray everywhere.

Haynes vs Rodionova - Angela has a great forehand, she was blasting an ordinary player. I cant see Anastassia ever getting much higher than she is. Angela was wearing this hot yellow number though, she looked a bit like a canary!

Strycova vs Hrozenska - Man there were some very very long rallies in this match. Only saw the first set but it was tight, both girls were pretty evenly matched on this surface.

Jugic-Salkic vs Koulikovskaya (Forehand both sides) Only saw the last bit of this match, Evgenia was playing crap, had no rhythm mainly due to the forcefull groundstrokes that Mervana had hit consistantly all match.

Bedanova vs Gussoni - Gussoni is a gutsy little player, I liked her game, she played well. Daja on the other hand really has lost it, she doesnt hit with the same power she used to, I think she's lost more weight too.

Hopkin vs Bobuscic - Hopkins had way too much power for this school kid, dunno how she fluked 4 games, mainly from Hopkins errors.

Poutchek vs Nemeckova - Only saw the first set but this match went on forever. Very long rallies, no player wanted to go into the net. It was just non stop grinding, great too watch though!

Hewitt vs Nagy - This was actually a good match, lots of long rallies and tightly fought games. Jaslyn was scrambling very very well, her fitness has improved a lot and so has her serve. Unfortunately Nagy's experience was greater and she had the upper hand in most of the rallies. Had Jaslyn been able to move Kyra round more I think it would have been a different story as Kyra didnt seem too fit too me!

Kirilenko vs Pelletier - I expected Kirilenko to be another Sharapova, she looks a bit like her but she doesnt grunt and I think she should! She hits a clean ball but needs to add a bit more power. She does hit with good depth though.

Cupac vs Bondarenko - Cupac has the power in her strokes and serves but need to add more variety and consistency still to her game. I can see potential though, there were flashes of brilliance. Bondarenko though was just too steady and just played out the rallies until she got an error from Dubravka. Still Dubravka deserved her wildcard and I hope she enjoyed the experience and maybe next year she'll be even more competitive.

Liggan vs Duebbers - Liggan sure is a scrapper. She grunts a fair bit, throws herself at everything. Would like to have watched more of her match.

Fedak vs Roesch - Was expecting Fedak to be really good and Roesch to be average. Although the score didnt show it I thought Roesch played quite well, she hits with good depth, more so than Fedak. Unfortunately for Roesch, while she was dominating the rallies she kept missing but only just.

Tu vs Adamczak - Meilen played great, and so did Adamczak! Monique hits forehand and one handed backhand very hard! Monique just didnt play this match very tactically. She has no variety in her game, its all flat power. She need to draw more short balls from Tu by using a bit more top spin, gettin Tu further behind the baseline but she just didnt do it enough. The score really is no reflection of the match. Tu was quite pleased with the result, you could sense that Monique did impress her.

Horiatopolous vs Pichet - Pichet sure has put on some weight. She's doesnt seem as fast round the court as she used to be. She plays much smarter tactically no though. Christina really had her chances. She like Cupac has the power but just needs to play smarter, better constructed points.

Other incidents, Vinci called Barna a 'slut', the net kept falling down in Grahame's match, had to be fixed about 4 times. Nicole Sewell was refused entry, ended up having to come in as a guest of Dellacqua's. Mark Woodforde/Evonne Goolagong busy as usual scouting the aussie girls. Bryanne Stewart/Mireille Dittmann were roaming around, no Cindy Watson though.

~|Naomi|~
Jan 15th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Thanks for that:)

spiceboy
Jan 15th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Krivencheva vs Tamaela - Didnt see the match but Svetlana was in tears after it, I think somebody whether it was Elise or some one in the crowd was using dirty tactics to put her off her game.

So Svetlana's was given her own medicine :devil:

GREAT report, Ausboy :worship: :worship: :worship: keep them coming :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 15th, 2004, 09:10 AM
thanx Ausboyfor reports:
I told ya Lara had the worst FH i'd seen, how many times did she hit the back fence this time ???

rusty_red_head
Jan 15th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the great report!!

Erdinger
Jan 15th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Thanks ausboy for that great report, esp. the gossip parts are always fun to read! :)

If possible, keep 'em coming! :bounce:

Jem
Jan 15th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Appreicate the report.

polishprodigy
Jan 15th, 2004, 03:28 PM
svetlana :sad: i hope she is ok.. i wonder what happened exactly :(
thanks for the report!

lauryn
Jan 15th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Thanks! :)

jrm
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:03 PM
nice, keep them comin'

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 16th, 2004, 01:24 AM
Great report..Sad that you talk about Maria K but not MArie-Eve :sad:

bello
Jan 16th, 2004, 02:14 AM
I still cant get over how bad Lara was, maybe she doesnt usually play as bad, cos she seemed quite hard on herself afterwards!

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 16th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the great report :D

Fantastic
Jan 16th, 2004, 01:15 PM
I have a photo of Lara Giltinan at age 2 1/2 seated in her mum's lap wearing a Humphrey B. Bear T-shirt that was two sizes too big for her. Her dad Bob Giltinan was a former pro player who made it to No. 36 in the world and was once Australia's No. 2 player. He even played Davis Cup over many years. So Lara has the genes for tennis at least. It could also explain how she got the Qualy Wildcard in the first place.

AUSBOY
Jan 17th, 2004, 04:31 AM
Lara is actually our number 1 ranked junior in the ITF. She actually performed well at the Junior Slams last year. A bit scary because none of her game impressed me at all!

crazillo
Jan 17th, 2004, 08:53 AM
why was svetlana in tears???

azza
Jan 17th, 2004, 09:46 AM
i loved the report :drool:

azza
Jan 17th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Of course Nicole Pratt was there watching her lover. As was another Aussie dyke Sarah Stone who was trying to pick up a certain Nicole Arendt! :rolleyes:

Omg :haha:

paul_masterton
Jan 17th, 2004, 10:43 AM
so stone and stosur broke up?!?! aww how sad. considering sara ran away from home to go on tour with sam (apparently leaving ehr parents a note saying shes a big lesbo) and hasnt spoken to her parents since...

azza
Jan 17th, 2004, 10:54 AM
:speakles:

Meesh
Jan 17th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the report!

AUSBOY
Jan 18th, 2004, 12:36 AM
so stone and stosur broke up?!?! aww how sad. considering sara ran away from home to go on tour with sam (apparently leaving ehr parents a note saying shes a big lesbo) and hasnt spoken to her parents since...

Thats a big load of shit! Sarah is very close to her family. She may have left a note explaining stuff but she didnt run away. Her family love her and are forever throwing big welcome home parties for Sarah, she love her parents and brothers dearly.

With the Stosur thing they were very close friends and still are friends but Sarah wanted more and pushed Stosur for more but it kinda backfired a bit.

Sarah is also good friends with Alicia so dont be surprised if she tries to make a move there in the near future! I've bumped into Alicia at a gay bar so um yeah, I think she's kinda open minded since breaking up with her bf a year ago!

TS
Jan 18th, 2004, 01:21 AM
:lol: @ the Sarah thing....gotta hand it to her. One of the lowly ranked Aussie girls (singles), but definitely top of the list when it comes to gossip.

Great report!!!

AUSBOY
Jan 18th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Poor Sarah, no doubles Wildcard for her. Tennis Australia must have changed their mind after seeing her try to pick up new Tennis Australia Official Nicole Arendt! Either that or her injury has flaired up again.

girl01
Jan 19th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Hehe, this is certainly an interesting thread ;-) Like TS said, Stone might not be the next big thing but the gossip surrounding her is quite intertaining. So Stosur doesn't like the girls or she just doesn't like Stone like that?

kyk710
Jan 19th, 2004, 02:58 PM
thanks for the report