PDA

View Full Version : my brief report

SM
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:36 AM
me and my friend rada met TS, AUSBOPY, Monsboy, and Bello at the aus open quallies today...they all organised to meet

then we went our seperate ways alot of the time..

i saw mervana win today and was impressed. her forehand and serve are extremely powerful, she had quite a few aces. well done :)

saw jaslyn hewitt vs nagy. ausboy commented thats jaslyn has improved markedly since he saw her last, but to me she looked much more passive and didnt serve as well as she had at sydney...bad luck cos she did play quite well

i saw dubravka's loss to bondarenko. i think dubravka is more talented than bondarenko :) and out of all the aussies dubz and monique adamczak had the best games i saw today. dubravka has so much power on everything and has an aggressive game moving forward to the net to finish points. she always had around 6 more winners than her opponent throughtout the match, but bondarenko to her credit was far too steady making very very few errors. still i think dubravka is gonna have a good future ahead of her :)....she really shouldnt have played quallies, she deserves main draw as australias no.1 under 18 player and having recently beaten Maureen Drake.

moniques forehand is magic, like dubravkas match they both deserved a closer scoreline as both girls really smacked that ball so hard and so clean.

i saw christina.h serve for the first set against pichet and chrissy seemed to be doing ok going up 30-15 but when she lost serve i had to leave after that...

ausboy terry et all will fill u guys in with the rest and their own accounts

azza
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Dubravka :D

kell
Jan 16th, 2004, 01:39 AM
Thanks for the report:wavey: