PDA

View Full Version : mY (brief) qualifying report

SM
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:32 AM
me and my friend rada met TS, AUSBOPY, Monsboy, and Bello at the aus open quallies today...they all organised to meet

then we went our seperate ways alot of the time..

i saw mervana win today and was impressed. her forehand and serve are extremely powerful, she had quite a few aces. well done :)

saw jaslyn hewitt vs nagy. ausboy commented thats jaslyn has improved markedly since he saw her last, but to me she looked much more passive and didnt serve as well as she had at sydney...bad luck cos she did play quite well

i saw dubravka's loss to bondarenko. i think dubravka is more talented than bondarenko :) and out of all the aussies dubz and monique adamczak had the best games i saw today. dubravka has so much power on everything and has an aggressive game moving forward to the net to finish points. she always had around 6 more winners than her opponent throughtout the match, but bondarenko to her credit was far too steady making very very few errors. still i think dubravka is gonna have a good future ahead of her :)....she really shouldnt have played quallies, she deserves main draw as australias no.1 under 18 player and having recently beaten Maureen Drake.

moniques forehand is magic, like dubravkas match they both deserved a closer scoreline as both girls really smacked that ball so hard and so clean.

i saw christina.h serve for the first set against pichet and chrissy seemed to be doing ok going up 30-15 but when she lost serve i had to leave after that...

ausboy terry et all will fill u guys in with the rest and their own accounts :)

SM
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:34 AM
oh and btw sophie and olivia are gonna get drilled in the main draw IMO.:( wasted wild cards. no offence against them, but after seeing people like dubz and monique adamczak on court i think there are many more aussies who have better games at this stage of their career.s

just an opinion...

rada
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:40 AM
hey yeah i think dubz has a great game and that we will be seeing more of her;)
LOL u should see my sunburn its bad

AjdeNate!
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Glad you had fun! :D

SM
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:47 AM
u r piperka, domat, bright red rada!!!!!! omg even tho uve applied that after sun burn thingo 100 times it aint gonna help! :o

rada
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:48 AM
i was watching janko t play he lost in 3 close sets i was sooooooooo sad and i saw cupac she played better but unlucky....she lost it was a really good day;)

rada
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:49 AM
u r piperka, domat, bright red rada!!!!!! omg even tho uve applied that after sun burn thingo 100 times it aint gonna help! :o

it will help it has to............ill keep spraying tell its better

TS
Jan 15th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Thanks Steve...I cant be arsed doing one :o Im on my way out so have little time...we'll see, I might do it tomorrow.

Agree with you on Monique...ripper forehand and a very decent game, just a horrible draw :( Christina Hori impressed me quite a bit too....as for Dubz, she's got lots of spunk and a powerful game, but as is the case with most yongsters, just needs to put it all together :)

Biggest dummy spit of the day: Roberta Vinci v Adriana Barna. Boy that Adriana likes to argue ;) She argued many calls and seemed to irk the ire of not only Roby, but Roby's support group who were quite loud...anyway, following the match Adriana immediately turned to Roby's group and gave them the death stare from hell, grabbed the ball and looked like she was going to smash it at them with her racquet....but decided to just throw it instead. Im glad she decided against slamming them, cos if she missed...it would have hit me ;)

Guys, my face and neck are sunburnt...I look like a tomato on legs.

Had a good day regardless...cheers :wavey:

AUSBOY
Jan 15th, 2004, 08:11 AM
AUSBOPY?? LOL

I dont think Rada is the only one that got burnt!!! :o

I left feeling pretty burnt but then had tennis training for two more hours in the sun with one of Thomas Johansson's hitting partners.

It was a good day but most of the aussie wildcards sucked!!! Bobuscic, Giltinan, Szili weren't even remotely competitive!

AUSBOY
Jan 15th, 2004, 08:13 AM
LOL @ TS (tomato on legs!)

Thats so me too! :p

Dymension
Jan 15th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Thanks for report :)

spiceboy
Jan 15th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Great report guys!!

anthonyqld
Jan 15th, 2004, 11:20 AM
oh and btw sophie and olivia are gonna get drilled in the main draw IMO. wasted wild cards

Very true.

Those 2 and Evie didn't deserve wildcards. Wheeler, Cupac & Admazack deserved wildcards in their place.

Give Sophie & Olivia qualifying wildcards instead.

Dump Bobuscic, Hewitt, and Giltman as qualifying wildcards and give them to Watson, Kriz & Baker(if she isn't injured)

Experimentee
Jan 15th, 2004, 12:06 PM
lol I guess we are all sunburnt :o I'm glad I decided to cover up with clothes today or I would be even worse.
I agree about the wasted WC's, Wheeler, Cupac and Adamzak looked like they would have deserved a place in the main draw even more than Ferguson or Olivia. But who knows maybe those two will surprise us.

St.Sebastian
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:28 AM
Thanks Steve...I cant be arsed doing one :o Im on my way out so have little time...we'll see, I might do it tomorrow.

Agree with you on Monique...ripper forehand and a very decent game, just a horrible draw :( Christina Hori impressed me quite a bit too....as for Dubz, she's got lots of spunk and a powerful game, but as is the case with most yongsters, just needs to put it all together :)

Biggest dummy spit of the day: Roberta Vinci v Adriana Barna. Boy that Adriana likes to argue ;) She argued many calls and seemed to irk the ire of not only Roby, but Roby's support group who were quite loud...anyway, following the match Adriana immediately turned to Roby's group and gave them the death stare from hell, grabbed the ball and looked like she was going to smash it at them with her racquet....but decided to just throw it instead. Im glad she decided against slamming them, cos if she missed...it would have hit me ;)

Guys, my face and neck are sunburnt...I look like a tomato on legs.

Had a good day regardless...cheers :wavey:
Barna indeed seems very agressive. I saw her match once and she behaved just like you described... :rolleyes:

bello
Jan 16th, 2004, 02:59 AM
Yeah i was teasing you all and im burnt SOOO bad, like blistering burnt, its HORRIBLE!!!!

Agreed also, Monique very talented, one of Aus's best hopes atm.

I felt sorry for poor Daja Bedanove losing 7-6 7-6!!

Ah well..i gotto go put aloe vera cream again..ciao!

btw RADA..how'd u go last nite..?..lol!

anthonyqld
Jan 16th, 2004, 03:13 AM
more than Ferguson or Olivia. But who knows maybe those two will surprise us.

Olivia against Henin 1st round.

How many points will Olivia win?

My guess - 4 points

Ferguson plays Teryn Ashley who I haven't seen play before but she's a 25 year old who hasn't made the top 100.

Fantastic
Jan 16th, 2004, 02:21 PM
BE SUNSMART AND SLIP! SLOP! SLAP! :p

rada
Jan 18th, 2004, 06:41 AM
hey guys i have some pic's ill put them up soon......
my face is so bad LOL