PDA

View Full Version : Marie-Eve Pelletier

Randy H
Jan 15th, 2004, 01:04 AM
Well, this seems a fitting time to create our next player thread for Marie-Eve Pelletier - After a difficult 2003 season, Marie-Eve has started 2004 on a very positive note by winning her first singles match of the year! She beat Maria Kirilenko of Russia, 6-4, 6-4 in Australian Open qualifying :D

Kirilenko was the 8th seed, and an interesting statistic to know that Marie-Eve has now won her opening round Australian Open qualifying match all 4 years she has played there :) Perhaps she feels something special there after her junior semifinal run several years back :)

Anyway, I hope that Marie-Eve can continue to find her way back up the rankings where she deserves to be, and hopefully we will all have many more great results and stories to report to this thread in the future :D

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 15th, 2004, 04:47 PM
I read in mnay summaires of the matches that MArie-Eve played dangerously well in that amtch....Her shots were going deep in the corners!!! Come on Marie-Eve, now beat the tricky Husarova!

rated_next
Jan 15th, 2004, 08:01 PM
I was so shocked that she won that match. :eek:

Well done :)

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 15th, 2004, 11:36 PM
Well you will be even more shocked!

Marie-Eve Pelletier def Janetta Husarova 6-4 6-3 :D:D:D

She was leadin 5-0 in that last set and she choked a lil like we are used to, but she managed to win her serve, which by the way was on fire tonihgt! 85% of first serves in the first set!

polishprodigy
Jan 16th, 2004, 02:40 AM
Marie-Eve :D

Randy H
Jan 16th, 2004, 02:52 AM
Marie-Eve played a very solid match tonight by the looks of things, she actually did not get broken in the match until leading 6-4, 5-1 so that definitely shows how well she was serving, and she didn't hit an unforced error in the second set until 4-0! Quite impressive.

Next up is Sybille Bammer, Bammer has been in good form in recent months but hopefully Marie-Eve is feeling confident from these past 2 wins :)

Allez Marie-Eve!

canuckfan
Jan 16th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Do any of you guys know who is Marie-Eve's coach? Apparently she(her coach) helped a player reaching the top 30. Marie-Eve said that many times last summer but she never said who that player was...

~CANUCK~
Jan 16th, 2004, 07:49 PM
CDpoulin knows her coach ask him

aceman
Jan 16th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Do any of you guys know who is Marie-Eve's coach? Apparently she(her coach) helped a player reaching the top 30. Marie-Eve said that many times last summer but she never said who that player was...
I know she's croat. Former Top 30 and her first name is Ivana

Hawk
Jan 17th, 2004, 12:28 AM
Marie-Eve has qualified for her first Grand Slam :D :bounce:

Pelletier def. Bammer 6-3, 4-6, 6-4!

I was a little nervous in that last set when she started to let a 4-0 lead go :o

Way to pull thru :yeah:

aceman
Jan 17th, 2004, 01:25 AM
Now she has to play Akiko Morigami. Good luck M-E :kiss:

Randy H
Jan 17th, 2004, 05:46 AM
What a great way for Marie-Eve to qualify - She was up 6-3, 4-3 before Bammer managed to hang in there and grab it 6-4. Heading into the final set, it was easily possible that Marie-Eve could have got discouraged and got down early, but instead she stayed tough and got off to a quick 4-0 lead. Bammer again stuck around though (giving a few of us following the match a near heart attack no doubt ;)), but it came down to Marie-Eve serving for the match at 5-4 and really a fitting scenario that she must truly earn that spot. And sure enough, so was able to close the deal and get her way into the maindraw. A great achievement for Marie-Eve, and I hope that she goes up against Morigami feeling she has nothing to lose at this point because she is playing solid tennis right now and has shown in these 3 matches that she has the mental game to close out when it matters.

Kepp going Marie-Eve and congratulations!

Calliope.
Jan 17th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Congrats Marie-Eve! very well done! :bounce:
Good luck in the main draw... hope she can beat akiko... Go :D

XaDavK_Kapri
Jan 17th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Marie, that's just awesome!!! :D You nearly gave me a heart attack, but it was worth watching!! You played great ! Bravo! J'suis fier de toi :kiss:

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 17th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Marie-Eve :bounce:

Actually Canuck_fan I don't know much about her coach..I just know she is Aussie ;)

~CANUCK~
Jan 17th, 2004, 11:39 PM
oh my bad

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 18th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Love the signature, sad im not in it :D :sad:

Elvira
Jan 19th, 2004, 12:49 AM
I've been watching her come close to qualifying for slams for awhile now, and she's finally done it! I'm very glad. I just hope she can win a round (or even two, perhaps!) and get herself off to a good year. It's been awhile since Canada has had a consistent top 100 presence to play in all the grand slams and what not.

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 19th, 2004, 02:39 AM
Well so far she is not playing great...She was playing awesome until 2-0 but she doesn't ahev a winner since then and it is 3-4 :sad:

Randy H
Jan 19th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Well, unfortunately Marie-Eve lost a very close match to Akiko Morigami 7-6(2), 4-6, 6-4 :sad:

Marie-Eve fought well in the first set, I think that she was feeling quite nervous and by the looks of the the statistics her unforced errors were quite high because of this but she hung tough and even broke back to reach 5-5 and force the tiebreaker. She was then down 2-0 in the second set before she regrouped and continued to fight hard and it paid off as she won that second set. In the third set they went with serve the entire way through up until 5-4 Morigami, before Marie-Eve finally was broken - There were chances to break Morigami in a couple of her last service games but unfortunately she was not able to take those chances and that is probably just the difference between the experience of playing these grand slam maindraws.

A very positive effort for Marie-Eve though, I hope that with this tournament she will see that she deserves to be consistently playing against these players and beating them - Her game have her the chances, now she just has to gain the belief and experience to take them and bring her even more success :)

Keep up the good work Marie-Eve!

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 19th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Great week, im very proud of her....I"m also :sad: though..She should have won this match!

Elvira
Jan 19th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Very very close match... nearly gave me a heart attack, just watching the scores! She may have lost, but it was VERY close... good to know she was able to hang in there. She should be ranked much higher than 200th, and will hopefully use this good experience to good use for the rest of the season. :)

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 20th, 2004, 11:32 PM
Here is a French article about her match....She actually injured herself doing a serve in the first set, and she seems very happy of her performance and looking forward to the rest of the season!

La joueuse de tennis Marie-Eve Pelletier a livré une chaude lutte à la Japonaise Akiko Morigami, présentement classée 62e joueuse mondiale, avant de s’incliner en trois manches de 7-6 (6-2 au bris d’égalité), 4-6 et 6-4 aux Internationaux d’Australie. La Repentignoise de 21 ans, qui en était à une première expérience dans le tableau principal d’une épreuve du Grand chelem, n’a donc pu franchir le premier tour à Melbourne.

« Cela a été un match très serré du début à la fin, a commencé par dire Pelletier en entrevue à Sportcom. Je suis bien battue pendant tout le match. Mon adversaire (Morigami) a bien joué et cela s’est joué sur quelques points de différence à la fin », a-t-elle ajouté.

« J’avais une légère blessure aux abdominaux avant le match, mais je l’ai aggravé dans le premier set en effectuant un service. Cela me faisait mal quand je bougeais ou que je servais. (En raison de cette blessure) Je ne trouve pas que j’ai joué à mon meilleur tennis, comme je l’avais fait lors des qualifications. Je devrais rencontrer les médecins sous peu. J’espère qu’il n’y a rien de grave, car je souhaite jouer la semaine prochaine », a indiqué celle qui se trouve actuellement au 200e rang du classement de la WTA.

« Je retiens tout de même plusieurs points positifs. J’ai remporté trois victoires de suite (lors des qualifications) et, malgré ma blessure, j’ai tenu tête à une fille classée 62e au monde. Je sais que je n’ai pas très bien joué et je suis tout de même venue bien près de gagner, c’est très encourageant! Je suis sur la bonne voie! » a conclu Pelletier.

Si sa santé le lui permet, la Québécoise devrait prendre part au tournoi ITF de Waikoloa à Hawaï, la semaine prochaine.

Thanks to Aceman for the article :D

Sue Lyon
Sep 13th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Allez Marie-Eve!

xanctus
Sep 16th, 2004, 09:58 PM
go Marie!!!

patricktav2003
Sep 22nd, 2004, 09:55 PM
Great win for Marie-Eve winning 1st round in Albuquerque 75k 3sets to third seed Angela Haynes ( 3rd in Us open)

thats a great win and promising for the rest of the season

justinDisco
Sep 26th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Cheers to Marie Eve and the rest of the Canadians(Stephanie Dubois/Maureen Drake) for providing one of the best weeks of tennis for Canadian women in a long time!!!!!!

xanctus
Sep 27th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Wohooo, marie is one of the fast movers this time...from 187 to 165, allez Marie...

patricktav2003
Sep 30th, 2004, 11:53 PM
this week losing in first round to Nooni 6-4 6-2
( food poisoning)

xanctus
Oct 2nd, 2004, 05:01 AM
oh no....but it's OK, at least she was improving in the past months
Bonne Chance madmoiselle Marie-Eve...allez

~CANUCK~
Oct 6th, 2004, 02:11 AM
hopefully mara will be in good shape for quebec city :D

xanctus
Oct 6th, 2004, 06:27 AM
canuck are u going to be in Quebec when the tournament begins? if yes, take a picture of her and share it with us :)

¤CharlDa¤
Oct 12th, 2004, 03:14 AM
Ill be there, i'll do my best to take good pics of her with me :angel: I am the biggest fan of Marie-Eve, so add me to MSN messenger if you have it ( cdpoulin@hotmail.com)

bovina_forever
Nov 14th, 2004, 03:09 AM
Marie-Eve Pelletier and Melanie Marois lost in the Pittsburgh doubles qualifying

FedererFan84
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:27 AM
Marie-Eve qualifies for her first tournement in 2005, the ASB Classic. She faces the wild card and country favorite, New Zealander Marina Erakovic. Good Luck Marie-Eve!! Do it!!

FedererFan84
Jan 4th, 2005, 03:09 AM
And she loses 4-6/7-5/6-3 and she might have an injured ankle. Hope she's healthy for the Aussie Open.

bovina_forever
Jan 4th, 2005, 03:39 PM
I did not even know that she was in the draw :p

joeytaylor9
Jan 4th, 2005, 04:21 PM
well, not surprising, she lsot 1 round to a no name Marina Erakovic

Captain.Canada
Jan 8th, 2005, 09:19 PM
I hope she's not injured! She had a good chance to make it to the main draw in one of the three tournaments this week. She doesn't even seem to be in qualifying anywhere.

bovina_forever
Jan 15th, 2005, 03:36 AM
She lost in the 3rd round of qualifying at the AO to Zuzana Ondraskova 26 62 62 better luck next time

bovina_forever
Jan 15th, 2005, 03:37 AM
She can play so much better but she just can not pull out wins when she really needs them

Randy H
Jan 15th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Not a bad effort from Marie-Eve, Zuzana's an experienced player and she's been top 100 before so I am sure she knew this would be a tough match. She started out pretty well, and Zuzana really wasn't taking her own chances well. She cleaned that up later in the match, and Marie-Eve was not really able to pull out a few games early in the second set that could have kept the momentum going her way. Anyway, she'll get decent points for making the final round, and her points in Auckland make up the difference in points for not making the main draw for AO this year. Just a shame she couldn't get the main draw money! Still, it could have been a much worse situation, considering we weren't sure how the injury was, and what her confidence was like after the loss to Erakovic. Hopefully she can keep up her good play and bring it up another level in 2005 :)

joeytaylor9
Jan 24th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Shes the #1 seed in an ITF event 50 000$ in France, maybe she can win a little bit of cash there :bounce:

joeytaylor9
Jan 28th, 2005, 02:21 AM
Marie-Eve won her 1 round of the ITF event 50, 000$ in Waikoloa, HI 6-3 6-1 vs Tetiana Luzhanska. She next faces Krystina Marcio of the USA. She is also seeded #2 in doubles with her partner Edina Gallovits of Romania, and they won there opening match 6-1 6-0. Hopefully she does well and wins. That should give her some points to go up the ranking a bit

bovina_forever
Jan 28th, 2005, 02:26 AM
Lets hope she can keep it up nd get to the finals.

joeytaylor9
Jan 28th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Marie-Eve just won her 2nd round match 6-0 6-1 over Krystina Marcio of the USA. She next faces Tiffany Dabek of the USA. Hopefully she can play as good as she did vs Marcio. In doubles action, Marie-Eve lost a tight second round match 7-5 2-6 6-4. Now she can conserve her energy for singles and maybe win a title :bounce:

bovina_forever
Jan 28th, 2005, 11:24 PM
:bounce: she is doing great she really gave it to Krystina Marcio.

joeytaylor9
Jan 29th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Does anyone know who Tiffany Dabek is at least? I dont :smiley:

joeytaylor9
Jan 29th, 2005, 01:30 PM
:awww:

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 29th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Marie-Eve in the semis:D Finballt a good choice to go to Hawaii!

joeytaylor9
Jan 31st, 2005, 12:30 PM
Marie-Eve won the 50, 000$ ITF tournament in Hawaii :bounce: Good job Marie-eve. Her new ranking is 130

~CANUCK~
Jan 31st, 2005, 11:06 PM
Good job mara :bounce:

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 31st, 2005, 11:32 PM
Great job Marie-Eve, so proud of you :D With those conditions, you played great!

bovina_forever
Feb 1st, 2005, 03:02 AM
that is great, she is almost at her career-high singles of 128

Captain.Canada
Feb 2nd, 2005, 04:53 AM
YES! Marie-Ève!! Great job!

Captain.Canada
Feb 2nd, 2005, 04:56 AM
Hey guys! Can someone give me a little analysis of Marie-Ève's game? What are her biggest assets? Her weaknesses? What's keeping her from moving up the rankings: just plain skills, a better work ethic, or a mental component? She's my favourite Canadian player and I don't know that much about her!

Captain.Canada
Feb 2nd, 2005, 08:38 PM
Since when is Marie-Ève sponsored by Lacoste? I like her new outfit. It's cute!

Captain.Canada
Feb 2nd, 2005, 08:38 PM
Check it out in the picture thread.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:12 PM
Great win for marie-eve! :bounce:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 4th, 2005, 02:14 AM
Hey guys! Can someone give me a little analysis of Marie-Ève's game? What are her biggest assets? Her weaknesses? What's keeping her from moving up the rankings: just plain skills, a better work ethic, or a mental component? She's my favourite Canadian player and I don't know that much about her!
Well Ill do my own analysis of her game lol...

Her backhand is really solid, and so is her ftness and movement. She is an agressive counterpuncher if that exists lol. Her forehand can be a little shaky, same with her serve. The latter should be her main focus to go higher in the ranks! Her mental toughness was troublesome (see many results) but it seems to be better since her relationship with Julien. She exteriorises her emotions a bit more, which helps her a lot!

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 4th, 2005, 02:18 AM
As for the Lacoste sponsorship, I know she trains more and more in France, her boyfriend being french and her coach being there. I guess it helped in that sponsorship!

bovina_forever
Feb 5th, 2005, 01:19 AM
Marie-Eve Pelletier is on the player list for Hyderabad Open ;)

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 6th, 2005, 03:38 AM
She is in the main draw :D

blerr
Feb 7th, 2005, 07:08 AM
She plays Bychcova!
C'mon Marie Eve!!!:D

joeytaylor9
Feb 7th, 2005, 03:12 PM
She won vs Bychcova in 3 sets. She next plays the WC Peers. Should be a tough match for marie-eve. Hope she can pull it out

bovina_forever
Feb 7th, 2005, 09:48 PM
that is great her 3 WTA win :bounce:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 7th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Good job mara!

joeytaylor9
Feb 8th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Does anyone think she can beat Peers? Because Peer is a strong youngster

bovina_forever
Feb 8th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Does anyone think she can beat Peers? Because Peer is a strong youngster
I don't know if she can peer has been doing good lately. good luck Marie-Eve.

joeytaylor9
Feb 9th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Marie-Eve advanced to her 1 career quarter final :bounce: she beat Peer 6-4 6-3 great job marie-eve

Paldias
Feb 9th, 2005, 11:18 PM
:woohoo: Go Marie-Eve, win your QF match :D

bovina_forever
Feb 10th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Alyona BONDARENKO def Marie-Eve PELLETIER 7-6(5), 6-4 :sad:

FedererFan84
Feb 10th, 2005, 01:27 PM
What a great run by Pelletier though!! Congrats Marie-Eve and good luck at Copa Colsanitas!

joeytaylor9
Feb 11th, 2005, 12:03 AM
what u think her new ranking is gonna be

Wiggly
Feb 11th, 2005, 07:24 PM
I think that will be 122th ;)

joeytaylor9
Feb 11th, 2005, 08:04 PM
ah not bad, hope she can do well in the tournament next week too

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 12th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Have fun in Bogota this week Mara! And while being there, win it all ;)

Captain.Canada
Feb 13th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Close match against Bondarenko! If she would have won that match she would have made it to the final :eek: because Groenefeld withdrew in the SF! OMG, what an opportunity that would have been. But it was a great week anyway beating Bychkova and Peer!

Captain.Canada
Feb 13th, 2005, 09:11 PM
She faces 25th ranked and 1st seeded Zuluaga in the first round in Bogota :(
What bad luck! She's been playing pretty well lately, I hope she can pull it off! Go Marie~!

bovina_forever
Feb 14th, 2005, 01:48 PM
I think that will be 122th ;)
you were right on the noes!

Wiggly
Feb 14th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Go see that: (uptated each day) :)

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=124168&page=1&pp=40

bovina_forever
Feb 15th, 2005, 02:53 PM
She faces 25th ranked and 1st seeded Zuluaga in the first round in Bogota :(
What bad luck! She's been playing pretty well lately, I hope she can pull it off! Go Marie~!
SHe has doubles almost right after her singles match

bovina_forever
Feb 16th, 2005, 12:57 AM
Marie lost 6-1 6-1

bovina_forever
Feb 16th, 2005, 01:21 PM
She lost at doules to 3-6 4-6 to the Abramovic sisters

FedererFan84
Feb 16th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Too bad Marie-Eve! Is she playing in Acapulco next week??

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 16th, 2005, 05:03 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Feb15/slam2.jpg
Canada's Marie-Eve Pelletier hits the ball during a tennis match against Fabiola Zuluaga of Colombia at the Colsanitas Cup in Bogota, Colombia, Tuesday, Feb. 15, 2005. Zuluaga won the match 6-1, 6-1. (AP Photo/Fernando Vergara)

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 16th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Marie-Eve doesn't play Acapulco, i think she takes a well-deserved break!

Captain.Canada
Feb 18th, 2005, 04:36 AM
Tough loss to Zuluaga. She's an amazing player.

It would have been nice to see Marie-Ève hit up Acapulco and hopefully get a better draw!

Does she like clay?

And does anyone know where she's headed next?

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 21st, 2005, 03:17 AM
Marie-Eve was supposed to head for doha and dubai though she isn't in the first...

I think she deserves a good 2-3 weeks of rest, she travalled a lot in the apst month!

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 26th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Well Marie-Eve seems to be a little out of form lately....She lost to Yulia B in Indian Wells, then lost to bychkova in Orange and now Castano in Miami, all matches she actually should ahve won....Hope she will come back on the winning track soon!

ktoles2005
Mar 26th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Yeah Marie-Eve seems to be in a bit of a slump lets hope it doesnt continue!

maxomax
Apr 1st, 2005, 09:09 PM
Where is she going to play next week or next mont??

bovina_forever
Apr 3rd, 2005, 07:56 PM
Marie lost in the first round of qualifying at Amelia Island to Fedak 76(7) 61 it seems as if all the canadian players are i a bit of a slump.

morocoro
Apr 3rd, 2005, 11:55 PM
Who is here from Montreal? loool write me pm is some1 exist lol

Captain.Canada
Apr 11th, 2005, 12:59 AM
She beat Fujiwara and Perebiynis to qualify for the Tier I tournament in Charleston! She faces Craybas who she has a 2-1 record against.
Go Marie!

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 11th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Finally! Btw, morocoro, i'm not from montreal, know few people from there, i am from quebec city!

Captain.Canada
Apr 11th, 2005, 04:20 AM
Here's a pic of Marie-Ève in the pink shirt.

http://www.familycirclecup.com/content.asp?id=43425&action=detail&catID=9391&parentID=8717

FedererFan84
Apr 12th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Marie-Eve beat Craybas in the first round at the Family Circle Cup in 3 tough sets. Now she faces......eek.....number 1 in the world, Lindsay Davenport!!
Come on Marie-Eve. Make the most of this amazing opportunity!
Good luck!!!

joeytaylor9
Apr 13th, 2005, 02:17 PM
good luck vs Lindsay, hope you dont get bageled

FedererFan84
Apr 13th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Marie-Eve lost to Lindsay 6-2/6-2.
Very good effort Marie-Eve, broke her serve once! Very nice.
Good luck in Fed Cup action next week.

Captain.Canada
Apr 13th, 2005, 08:32 PM
I'm glad she broke her serve!
I was looking for match stats but I couldn't find any.

nouf
Apr 14th, 2005, 05:54 PM
hq picture marie eve ! charleston avril 2005!

enjoy amis canadiens!

http://pagesperso.laposte.net/wtahq/showthread.php?p=62#post62

~CANUCK~
Apr 14th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Good week mara :bounce:

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 15th, 2005, 02:34 AM
Great week Marie-Eve! 47,5 very important points!

Ellery
Apr 16th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Bravo pour ta performance à Charleston! :D

Anik
Apr 18th, 2005, 02:06 AM
new ranking : 116 ^^

Captain.Canada
Apr 19th, 2005, 09:12 PM
She was mentioned in the WTA ranking movers at wtatour.com in the media section!

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 19th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Great job Mara!

Captain.Canada
Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:08 PM
She had a great week in FED CUP. She won every match and lost only one match to Kristina Brandi (8-6 in the third) who's a really good player, once ranked as high as #27.

Captain.Canada
Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:11 PM
I think she's scheduled to play in a couple 50k's in Lafayette, Louisiana and Charlottesville, Virgina. Hopefully she can win them and crack the top-100!!

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 24th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Good job Mara, :sad: you couldn,t convert one of those two match points, but we are proud of you girl!

FedererFan84
Apr 29th, 2005, 02:09 AM
When will Marie-Eve crack the top 100? End of May? End of the summer? Never?
She has a lot of potential and is only 22! Good luck!

¤CharlDa¤
May 1st, 2005, 08:01 PM
Well she is in the doubles finals this week! Win it Mara!

Mana
May 3rd, 2005, 01:33 AM
Go girl, your starting to play really well!

¤CharlDa¤
May 5th, 2005, 03:30 AM
Bad loss this week in singles again!

joeytaylor9
May 26th, 2005, 12:19 AM
lost another match in qualifying that she should of won. I think her <high> of the season is over

¤CharlDa¤
May 27th, 2005, 11:04 PM
I thik this loss is one of her worst ever. The number of UEs is jsut incredbile, she did like 3,1 UEs in each game! That's inhuman! She really gave it easily to Hana!

maxomax
Jun 3rd, 2005, 01:09 AM
Hey guys! Do think that Marie-Ève will enter directly in the US Open maindraw?? She will definately not enter directly in Wimbledon... she is 7th on the list...

FedererFan84
Jun 3rd, 2005, 01:37 PM
I think Marie-Eve has a great shot at entering directly into the main draw of the US Open, IF she doesn't have many points to defend in the summer. Should she reach a few more quarterfinals in tiered tournements, I think she'll get in directly!! She has a 2nd round qualifying to defend at Wimbledon, a SF at 50K Schenectady in July, a QF at 50K Bronx in August and a QF at 25K Ashland in September, and a couple of first round losses which don't really count.

Good question!

maxomax
Jun 6th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Marie-Ève won today in Marseille 3/6 6/3 6/3 against Vierin!!

¤CharlDa¤
Jun 7th, 2005, 03:46 AM
I think the two New York tourneys wil ldecide if she does or not. And if she can go on to semis here in Marseille!

maxomax
Jun 9th, 2005, 01:56 AM
Actually she is in quarter in Marseille! And she has to beay Andrieux or Fayol lol! Hope she will did it!! Which New York tourneys are you talking about?? Schnetday and Bronx?

FedererFan84
Jun 10th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Yep, Schenectady and the Bronx.

And Marie-Eve beat Andrieux in 3 sets to reach the semis of Marseilles. She won't play Wozniak though. She'll play Kutuzova who beat Aleks. Good Luck M-E!!!

Ellery
Jun 10th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Go Marie-Eve!

maxomax
Jun 11th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Marie-ève beat Kutuzova 0-6 7-6 (7) 6-2 :bounce:

According to my calculation, she should be 105. She would have passed Dominikovic and Fujiwara but they did well in Birmingham... And if she wins the final against Martinez Granados, really really close of top 100 Maybe 100, 101 or 102!!

maxomax
Jun 11th, 2005, 08:40 PM
She is in the double final also!!

¤CharlDa¤
Jun 12th, 2005, 11:05 PM
She lsot both, still a fabulous week!

joeytaylor9
Jun 14th, 2005, 12:36 PM
she won her single qualifying match today 6-2 6-2 so thats good. Maureen Drake lost hers :( but it was a good match, she lost it 7-6(7-3) 6-3 vs #2 seed

joeytaylor9
Jun 14th, 2005, 12:37 PM
I thik this loss is one of her worst ever. The number of UEs is jsut incredbile, she did like 3,1 UEs in each game! That's inhuman! She really gave it easily to Hana!

Whats UEs ?

¤CharlDa¤
Jun 14th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Unforced Errors. She id 3,1 per game! :eek:

maxomax
Jun 15th, 2005, 02:07 AM
Unforced Errors. She id 3,1 per game! :eek:
Even in my worst day I am not doing as much errors :angel: ;)

Good luck Mara against Okamoto!! In straigh sets please! :p even if isn't going to be that easy!

joeytaylor9
Jun 15th, 2005, 02:31 PM
she should be able to win this match in straight sets

joeytaylor9
Jun 15th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Omg, Horrible lost!!!!

FedererFan84
Jun 15th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Will she qualify for the US OPEN :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ellery
Jun 15th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Disappointing loss, Marie-Eve :crying2: :crying2:

joeytaylor9
Jun 16th, 2005, 12:04 AM
Will she qualify for the US OPEN :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
i doubt she will, and even if she does she will lose 1 round anyways, she cant even get through 2nd round of qualifying

joeytaylor9
Jun 17th, 2005, 12:15 AM
she won her doubles match today, at least shes good for that

maxomax
Jun 17th, 2005, 01:22 AM
i doubt she will, and even if she does she will lose 1 round anyways, she cant even get through 2nd round of qualifying
Don't forget that she was in final in Marseille on CLAY It is sure that this lost is disapointing because she lost to Okamoto :rolleyes: but didn't get a lot of time to prepare... Hard is coming and be confident, she will do well and will not need to qualify to enter in the Us Open :D

bovina_forever
Jun 18th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Marie #1 fan right here :rolleyes:

¤CharlDa¤
Jun 18th, 2005, 01:06 AM
Being a fan doesn't always mean thinking the player will win all of her matches. I think that if Marie-Eve qualifies in US Open (if she has to) she'll indeed have a tough time winning a round, and that IS coming from one of his msot dedicated and proud fan ;) I just think Marie-Eve needs a lil click swhere, maybe a win in TO could do it, so her career follows the path it should follow!

maxomax
Jun 18th, 2005, 03:19 AM
Being a fan doesn't always mean thinking the player will win all of her matches. I think that if Marie-Eve qualifies in US Open (if she has to) she'll indeed have a tough time winning a round, and that IS coming from one of his msot dedicated and proud fan ;) I just think Marie-Eve needs a lil click swhere, maybe a win in TO could do it, so her career follows the path it should follow!

TO??? Toronto?? Well a win in Quebec city will boost her confidence! She is 0-7 in the Challenge Bell :rolleyes:

bovina_forever
Jun 18th, 2005, 03:54 PM
TO??? Toronto?? Well a win in Quebec city will boost her confidence! She is 0-7 in the Challenge Bell :rolleyes:
hey she is only 0-6 in main draw and all of her MD opponents were ranked in the top 100:p but don't forget that this is the new Marie of 2005 :p she never won a tier I match befor this year befor all so but she did qualify and win her first round:p and she almost craked the top 100 :p

¤CharlDa¤
Jun 18th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Well the challenge bell's surface is really the worst for Marie-Eve, incredibly too fast for her! She alwyas faced some very very tough opponents in the past, and remembeer, the main draw players are all ranked insid the top 100 and Marie-Eve doesn't ahve that many wins against top 100 players! Where is Jill Craybas when we need her? I mean i saw all those 7 losses and i ahve to say most of the times she was unlucky in her first round!

maxomax
Jun 19th, 2005, 10:53 PM
I agree but I only said that she was 0-7! I didn't say that it was bad losses of that she was choking! It is true that she always played against good players inside top 100.

By the way, a new career high for Marie-Ève! 106 :D ( I know that she was 107 last week but it is a new career high even though it's one spot :p Is it the third or the fourth consecutive week that she improve her best ranking??

Hope she will rest well after Wimbledon double tourney and that her foot will be ok!

FedererFan84
Jul 29th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Did Marie-Eve make the US Open main draw cutoff?

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 29th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Nope she isn't in yet. Let's hope for a huge flu expansion or sthing!

416_Man
Jul 30th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Marie-Eve's San Diego qualifying draw:

Yuliana Fedak UKR [7] vs. Amanda Fink USA [WC]
Anastassia Rodionova RUS vs. Marie-Eve Pelletier CAN [11]

This is unbelievably winnable. Rodionova has just been slipping down the rankings and of the top 8 seeds Fedak is the weakest hardcourter. Fight Pelletier, Fight!

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 30th, 2005, 03:41 AM
Great idea, unexpected, but :D Have fun Marie-Eve, try to get good feelings, that is the important part!

416_Man
Jul 30th, 2005, 03:47 AM
And to top it off so many of the Q spots are not bad. Facing Peng would sucked against Benesova or Pennetta who's not bad on hard but no way good. I see a Charleston run coming on!

Boss monkey
Jul 30th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Anastassia Rodionova def Marie-Eve Pelletier 6-0 6-3 :eek:

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 31st, 2005, 03:25 AM
Charleston didn't happen at all ;) Mara's game jsut fell apart at the start it seems, losing 9 game sin a row! Then she came back to level at 3-3, had some chances to go up 4-3, then come back at 4-4, then it was 30-30 at 5-3...But at elast she fought in the second!

416_Man
Jul 31st, 2005, 03:47 AM
I think Washington 75k may have been a better decision.

joeytaylor9
Jul 31st, 2005, 04:52 AM
sorry to say but Marie-Eve Pelletier SUCKS. I mean we keep cheering for her and hopping she does well, but it NEVER happens. I mean, she had a good start to the season but I mean she keeps losing to these no names. She will NEVER make it into the main draw of the US Open she will probably lose 1 round of qualifying. Were better off concentrating our energy on other Canadian players such as Dubois and Wozniak, who can actually WIN some matches

joeytaylor9
Aug 3rd, 2005, 03:15 AM
maybe your energy is better spent on other players, being a fan doesn't mean turning your back on them when they hit a rough patch as you said your self she had good start to the year that does not mean that she wont that she can't have success later on. You don't know if she could have some thing going on in her life at this moment in time like a sick family member etc...that she could be buging her well she is on court. Why don't you out and play on the ATP or ITF and get judged be ppl like you :rolleyes: .

well im sorry, but the reason i dont play on the ATP or ITF tour is cause I know im not a good enough player. I wasn't saying that shes horrible, all im saying is that im so fed up with her loosing to people she should be winning against.

416_Man
Aug 3rd, 2005, 04:09 AM
well im sorry, but the reason i dont play on the ATP or ITF tour is cause I know im not a good enough player. I wasn't saying that shes horrible, all im saying is that im so fed up with her loosing to people she should be winning against.

Rodionova isn't that bad. SHe beat Pelletier, Fedak, and now Stosur. SHe also made the Wimbledon mixed final a while back losing to Navratilova I think.

Boss monkey
Aug 3rd, 2005, 04:31 AM
11 out of her 17 loes so far have been by player who have been ranked higher than her at some point in time and five of her first round loss came on clay which is not her best surface .

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 3rd, 2005, 04:30 PM
Marie-Eve earlier in her career was a strong clay courter though ;)

I agree with you AlinaJidkovaFan, when u choose to be a fan, it is in good and bad times! And with Marie-Eve, queen of inconsistency, you have both in a 2 weeks period (Marseille and FO for example ;) ) Marie-Eve always had a streaky career, and it won't suddenly stop or sthing. That's part of her and it will always be this way, so u either accept that she is gonna have some sucky defeats and good wins, or u just stop being a fan of her

joeytaylor9
Aug 3rd, 2005, 08:22 PM
wow, you guys are cool....

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 3rd, 2005, 11:40 PM
No, we are real fans :wavey:

joeytaylor9
Aug 7th, 2005, 05:01 AM
she lost in the qualy again today in the 1 round

FedererFan84
Aug 7th, 2005, 03:24 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 7th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Horrible scoreline!

Boss monkey
Aug 16th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Maria Vento Kabchi def. Marie Eve Pelletier 6-0,6-1 :o :help:

joeytaylor9
Aug 16th, 2005, 02:13 PM
oh Poulin i thought you said taht Tennis canada shouldnt give wildcard to other players, because they would lose 6-0 6-1, look what happend to your little Pelletier. Guess you were wrong again

Boss monkey
Aug 16th, 2005, 03:31 PM
oh Poulin i thought you said taht Tennis canada shouldnt give wildcard to other players, because they would lose 6-0 6-1, look what happend to your little Pelletier. Guess you were wrong again
Did Pelletier really say not to give any other Canadians WC because the would loes 6-0 6-1 :confused:

joeytaylor9
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:44 PM
no, thats not what im saying, i said that we should of given a WC to a Toronto native since the tournament was in Toronto. ANd Poulin told me that it wasn't worth it cause the player would lose 6-0 6-1. Well giving the WC to our top canadian player didn't do much either, she lost by the same score

Boss monkey
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Marie-Eve did the worst out of all the wild cards and she played the lowest ranked player out of the 3...

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:45 AM
Marie-Eve wasn't even clsoe to being the worst out of the 3. Aleks clearly was. Marie-Eve actually played rpetty good, one of the best amtches i saw from her, and vento-kabchi was jsut a wall. I think the story live and on tv was really different, cause live she was hitting well, she jsut had no game plan to begin with.

joeytaylor9
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:40 PM
come on, she played horrible! she lost 6-0 6-1, im not saying Aleks played any better, but if aleks would of played vento-kabchi, she might of done a little better then 6-0 6-1. Marie-Eve was broken the 1 game of the match and it was all downhill from there.

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Aleks against Vento, if she played like she did against Asagoe, would ahve clrealy lost 0 and 1 also, even 0 and 0.

patricktav2003
Aug 19th, 2005, 10:14 PM
next stop us open ! will see what happen!!

joeytaylor9
Aug 21st, 2005, 09:45 PM
next stop us open ! will see what happen!!
correction shes in the qualifying draw of the Forest Hills Women's Tennis Classic ;)

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 22nd, 2005, 12:28 AM
Correction, the Forest Hills Classic has no qualifying and only a 16-players draw :)

Boss monkey
Aug 22nd, 2005, 04:01 AM
Aleks against Vento, if she played like she did against Asagoe, would ahve clrealy lost 0 and 1 also, even 0 and 0.
I don't think so Asagoe is ranked in the top 30, well vento was ranked out side of the top 70...

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 22nd, 2005, 01:37 PM
But Vento is a solid hard court player and former top 35. In two years, I think Asagoe will be down were Maria V is right now...But it is clear that none of ya want to accept that Marie-Eve can play properly, way better than Aleks. What's with all of that hype around Aleks :fiery:

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 23rd, 2005, 03:24 AM
Marie-Eve's draw in the Us Open qualies couldn't be more eprfect. The question is, will she take her chance? I don't think anyone knows ;)

patricktav2003
Aug 23rd, 2005, 08:52 PM
Mara have to take her chance!! and pump her self ! because after the surgery who knowns what it is going to happen!

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 24th, 2005, 01:54 AM
Marie-Eve should have taken that surgery break right after wimbledon :rolleyes: She lost all summer and now she will lose a big part of automn. But hey, her choice

Boss monkey
Aug 24th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Marie-eve lost to Tara Snyder 3-6 2-6 in the first round of us open qual.

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 24th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Well i guess it is surgery time now

joeytaylor9
Aug 24th, 2005, 11:19 PM
wow, im shocked ;) ah well good try :tape:

FedererFan84
Sep 16th, 2005, 04:01 PM
I heard that Marie-Eve has a foot injury. Does anyone have anymore information? It sure sucks that she had to pull out of The Sunfeast Open in India.

~CANUCK~
Sep 16th, 2005, 10:52 PM
I heard that Marie-Eve has a foot injury. Does anyone have anymore information? It sure sucks that she had to pull out of The Sunfeast Open in India.
she has been hurt for months but was to stupid to stop playing, she could have been better by now, instead she is out for prolly the rest of the season.

¤CharlDa¤
Sep 18th, 2005, 02:36 AM
Mara needs to stop playing for three weeks, so I guess she will wait until Quebec city, where she will certainly be in the main draw. If only it would be without a WC! Who knows!

Boss monkey
Sep 25th, 2005, 12:53 AM
hey everybody I just noticed that Marie had just got a picture added to her WTA profile at www.wtatour.com :p :D

¤CharlDa¤
Sep 25th, 2005, 01:53 AM
Wow, that's impressive thanks!

btw ehre is the picture, it was taken at the draw ceremony in toronto!

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photos/150x200/160411.jpg

Ellery
Oct 6th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Marie-Eve is now in the QF of Nantes 25K! Keep going!

Sambuca
Nov 1st, 2005, 07:24 PM
what's her form now?? she will play against Rodionova.....possibility to win?

¤CharlDa¤
Nov 2nd, 2005, 09:24 PM
Weird match against Rodio, Mara lost 5 and 4 :sad:

patricktav2003
Nov 12th, 2005, 12:19 AM
Marie said that was her best match since months!!
so lest hope!

¤CharlDa¤
Nov 12th, 2005, 09:10 PM
I dreamed of sthing today.....Marie-Eve was retiring cause she lacked confidence and her injury was worst than we thought :sad: Hope it won't come true ;)

kittyking
Feb 1st, 2007, 10:14 AM
well, not surprising, she lsot 1 round to a no name Marina Erakovic

How times have changed my friend :p

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 2nd, 2007, 02:10 PM
Wow might be a time to talk about the Mara situation. No posts here in like 1 year and a half.

What do you think Mara needs to work on to come back to where we know she belongs?

matthieu_tennis
Feb 2nd, 2007, 08:53 PM
I don't see alot of matches about marie-eve pelletier but each time, the forehand seems to be the major problem and second serve.

Drake1980
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:31 PM
I think it's a confidence issue. I think she's doing the right thing playing Challengers and winning some matches and getting her ranking up. That will help so much!!

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:29 AM
I agree all of it is mental. I mean we are talking about Mara here. I really don't know what started going wrong. She doesn't seem happy anymore as she used to, she isn't playing as well, she seems a lil bitter. I think she has issues outside tennis (or outside of the tennis court would be better) that she should work on, and probably the tennis will follow. Just what I'm guessing of what I'm seeing.

Drake1980
Feb 7th, 2007, 06:28 AM
I really thought that huge win over Li would like be the spark and she has gotten a little better since then but she's still not what she was.