PDA

View Full Version : Mary Pierce to play doubles with Venus Williams?

m_pierce fan
Feb 15th, 2002, 01:44 PM
I just heard a rumour that Mary and Venus might play doubles together!?!?Very interesting...But i think it would be just great if they play together because Mary needs a lot of games to get into good shape....But Remember that this is just a rumour!!!:confused: :confused:

Tatiana Panova
Feb 15th, 2002, 01:49 PM
God help anyone who has to face them if they are both on form!! Probably the two most dangerous players on the tour when they are on form.

m_pierce fan
Feb 15th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Yes they are...But Mary has to get her form back....No injuries anymore!!:fiery: :fiery:

sartrista7
Feb 15th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Where did you hear this rumour?

Maybe Venus enjoyed playing with Amélie so much she thought she'd work her way through the French players ;) Really, I can't see it happening. If it did, though, and if Mary's health held up... :eek:

m_pierce fan
Feb 15th, 2002, 01:51 PM
I heard it on the french tv...

moon
Feb 15th, 2002, 01:54 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

but if it does happen it would be interesting. But then again almost everything Vee does is interesting, so....

veronica
Feb 15th, 2002, 02:04 PM
That would be great! Two of my favorite players! But, Venus and Serena have said time and time again they won't play doubles with other players so I can't imagine it happening.

Maybe Venus is enjoying herself so much she just can't get enough WTA action? LOL!!!! :eek:

Or she could be missing that second check from each tournament. We know that girl loves her money!!!!

Go Venus!!! Cash In Girl!!! Cha-Ching!

irma
Feb 15th, 2002, 02:10 PM
Maybe Serena doesn`t want to play doubles anymore but Venus does so she looks for a new partner, both played mixed too so it`s not that they never have played with others!(even if that were men)

Aloysius
Feb 15th, 2002, 03:50 PM
Mary, ever the opportunist.

ASV
Feb 15th, 2002, 03:52 PM
I hope its true......

Mary would be back to FO 2000 Form by playing doubles with Venus....either that or she'll never get fit bc Venus would always be putting the balls away on the second shot...:rolleyes:

Mark Spruce
Feb 15th, 2002, 03:52 PM
WOW what I team if it does come off !!!!

I love Mary so much and want to wish her all the ahppines.

regards

Mark

HAIL-VENUS
Feb 15th, 2002, 05:04 PM
This would be incredible if it happens. :bounce: :bounce: I would love to see Venus play doubles with someone other than Serena. It may take some of the edge off of the public's perception of them. The Venus/Mary team would be fun to watch, and darn good if I must say so.:wavey:

Bright Red
Feb 15th, 2002, 05:20 PM
I think it would be a great experience for both players. Both would benefit.

However, I'll have to see it to believe it.

harloo
Feb 15th, 2002, 05:30 PM
I don't think it will happen because of the incident at USO 2000. Remember Mary got mad because they asked her to step aside in the interview room, because they wanted to do a press conference with Serena. Mary was so upset that she stormed out of the room.

It would be great if that happened because the combination of Mary and Venus would be unstoppable. I would have to see it to believe it!!!!!

HAIL-VENUS
Feb 15th, 2002, 05:32 PM
Mary got mad because they asked her to step aside in the interview room, because they wanted to do a press conference with Serena

Excuse me, but what does that have to do with Venus and Mary playing doubles together?

harloo
Feb 15th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Well, Hail-Venus I just think since Vee and Rena are lumped together (which is unfair, BTW) she would take that type of attitude. I mean, it's nothing that's set in stone try not to get hostile. Alright. Venus and Serena are my favorites so in no way was I trying to say anything negative. It's just the facts and my opinion, nothing more nothing less.

HAIL-VENUS
Feb 15th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Harloo, I simply asked you to elaberate. Why do you think I was being hostile? Anyway, I seriously doubt that Mary Pierce is holding a grudge against Serena or her twin because of what happened in 2000. It wasn't Serena's fault the press wanted to interview her at the time. If Mary was upset, it more than likely would have been with the media, not Serena or Venus.

LucasArg
Feb 15th, 2002, 05:45 PM
I would love to see both players play together:bounce:

harloo
Feb 15th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Well, I explained why I thought so. Just my opinion, I could be totally wrong and that is up for debate. I still think it would be great to see the two play together, but I say it won't happen. No need to debate, Hail-Venus since we both love Vee and Rena!!:p

HAIL-VENUS
Feb 15th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Ok, you're right. We both have their best interests at heart.:kiss: :kiss:

harloo
Feb 15th, 2002, 06:02 PM
:) :) :) :D :D ;) ;) . Very true Hail-Venus!!!!

Scotso
Feb 15th, 2002, 07:52 PM
I think it would be a neat combo. They could certainly kick some ass.

Mary Pierce
Feb 15th, 2002, 11:21 PM
Wow, if the rumour has any merit, I would fly half way across the World to see it!!!

PIERCE/WILLIAMS, V - Got a nice ring to it don't ya think? ;)

Kart
Feb 16th, 2002, 12:02 AM
Will be nice if it happens. They'd hit the ball pretty damn hard though - not sure I'd like to be at the net to face then ...

Williams Rulez
Feb 16th, 2002, 02:34 PM
Wow!! I say wow!! :bounce: :bounce:

If this were to happen... :D

QueenO
Feb 16th, 2002, 04:54 PM
I'll have to see it with my own eyes