Caroline Maes (1) lost to GaŽlle Taton
Evelyne Van Hyfte (2) beat Caroline Bailly
Leslie Butkiewicz (3) lost to Stefanie De Laet
Debbrich Feys (4) beat Shana Claes

Portimao:
* Jennifer Debodt (Q)

Geoffry
Jan 12th, 2004, 05:22 PM
I hope a Belgian qualifies this year, cuz it's always the same Belgians otherwise

Fieke
Jan 12th, 2004, 05:28 PM
:woohoo: Evelyne faces Debodt, so this should be a piece of cake (sorry Wim :angel: )

I don't see any problem for Caroline and Debbrich either, only the match between Leslie and GaŽlle might bring a little suspense...

BTW, where is Els? :scratch:

Brαm
Jan 12th, 2004, 05:31 PM
:woohoo: Evelyne faces Debodt, so this should be a piece of cake (sorry Wim :angel: )

I don't see any problem for Caroline and Debbrich either, only the match between Leslie and GaŽlle might bring a little suspense...

BTW, where is Els? :scratch:
Els will only play doubles :(

Fieke
Jan 12th, 2004, 05:32 PM
What? :eek: Why?

Brαm
Jan 12th, 2004, 05:35 PM
What? :eek: Why?
I don't know, it's on the website :shrug:

Why won't she play qualifying? She has points to defend!! :( I hope this isn't a bad sign :sad:

Stijn
Jan 12th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Pre-qualifying:
Caroline Maes [1] vs. Stefanie De Laet
Evelyne Van Hyfte [2] vs. Jennifer Debodt
Leslie Butkiewicz [3] vs. GaŽlle Taton (come-back? :))
Debbrich Feys [4] vs. Caroline Bailly

Are these the matches we're gonna see, Bram? ;)

Shedevil
Jan 12th, 2004, 08:52 PM
good luck girls :D :bounce:

arn
Jan 13th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Els :sad: :mad:

E. Blackadder
Jan 13th, 2004, 04:57 PM
I sent a mail to Els to ask if she'll try and qualify and to say that we all are really :fiery: with the WC decision

Brαm
Jan 13th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Bram, Bob Verbeeck told me in an e-mail today, that Els got into the maindraw thanks to her RANKING last year. Is this correct? I thought she'd been given a WC too!

Wimanna
Jan 13th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Bram, Bob Verbeeck told me in an e-mail today, that Els got into the maindraw thanks to her RANKING last year. Is this correct? I thought she'd been given a WC too!
Yeps, because of late withdrawals, Els entered the maindraw with her ranking last year, no need for a wildcard back then ;)

E. Blackadder
Jan 13th, 2004, 08:46 PM
wim is right :)

arn
Jan 14th, 2004, 10:45 AM
But will it be enough this year?? I hope so!

Belgium = Best
Jan 14th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Pre-qualifying:
Caroline Maes [1] vs. Stefanie De Laet
Evelyne Van Hyfte [2] vs. Jennifer Debodt
Leslie Butkiewicz [3] vs. GaŽlle Taton
Debbrich Feys [4] vs. Caroline Bailly
I think Maes, Van Hyfte, Butkiewicz & Feys will win. :D

maybe! :confused:

Wimanna
Jan 14th, 2004, 01:10 PM
OMG....Jennifer!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hadn't see her in the draw :o :yippee: although Evelyne will win easily...

Come-on-kim
Jan 14th, 2004, 02:11 PM
I want Caroline M, Evelyne, Gaelle and Debbrich to win :D

Brαm
Jan 27th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Kirsten has withdrawn :( :(
Sure hope Els will get her place in the main draw now!

Who will Elke play with in doubles now? :confused:

DutchieGirl
Jan 28th, 2004, 05:01 AM
How come Kirsten withdrew?

Go Evelyne! ;)

E. Blackadder
Jan 28th, 2004, 06:16 AM
How come Kirsten withdrew?

Go Evelyne! ;)
stress fracture injury

per4ever
Jan 28th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Mauresmo is highly uncertain..and will probably withdraw.

Wimanna
Jan 28th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Els will get the wildcard Verbeeck said.

arn
Jan 28th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Great, That's at least 1 positive thing :)

azza
Jan 28th, 2004, 11:28 AM
omg i would love Clijsters Vs Clijsters :drool:

Svennovitch
Jan 28th, 2004, 12:58 PM
omg i would love Clijsters Vs Clijsters :drool:
That won't happen, because Kim will surely have a bye in the first round :tape:

Brαm
Feb 5th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Final draw for pre-qualifying:

Caroline Maes - GaŽlle Taton :mad: :mad:
Evelyne Van Hyfte - Caroline Bailly
Leslie Butkiewicz - Stefanie De Laet
Debbrich Feys - Shana Claes (instead of Jennifer Debodt)

Go Caroline Maes & Evelyne Van Hyfte :bounce: :kiss:

Fieke
Feb 5th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Why did they change the draw :confused:

Anyway, good luck Evelyne :yeah:

Come-on-kim
Feb 5th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Why did they change the draw :confused:

Anyway, good luck Evelyne :yeah:
It wasn't a draw ;) Actually I told Monday to Gaelle "good luck against Leslie" and she told me "the draw isn't done yet, it'll only be done Thursday"

isabellea14
Feb 6th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Can Elke play with Kim in double???

Wimanna
Feb 6th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Can Elke play with Kim in double???
It's possible, but I thought Kim would skip doubles for a time...

E. Blackadder
Feb 7th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Antwerp is seriously weakenening out :sad:

Mauresmo, Capriati, Venus?

Svennovitch
Feb 8th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Elke speelt dubbel met Caroline (WC voor hooftabel).
*Uit goede bron vernomen ;) :angel: *

Fieke
Feb 8th, 2004, 04:40 PM
BTW, Sven, is there a chance that we will see your source there? She played doubles last year, didn't she?

Come-on-kim
Feb 8th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Elke with Caroline?? they didn't do that well together

William Hunt
Feb 8th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Ik vind het jammer dat Evelyne geen wild card voor de kwalifikatie (of nog beter voor de hoofdtabel) kreeg en zich eerst moet prekwalificeren.

Brαm
Feb 8th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Ik vind het jammer dat Evelyne geen wild card voor de kwalifikatie (of nog beter voor de hoofdtabel) kreeg en zich eerst moet prekwalificeren.
Bailly shouldn't be too much trouble :angel:

Go Evelyne :worship:

Stijn
Feb 8th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Caroline Maes - GaŽlle Taton :mad: :mad:

Caroline really doesn't have luck on her side :sad: :sad:

Go Mmmmmaes :drool: :bounce:

Svennovitch
Feb 8th, 2004, 07:19 PM
BTW, Sven, is there a chance that we will see your source there? She played doubles last year, didn't she?If you see her, it will only bee in the crowd :sad:
She is really sad the tournament didn't exist during a big part of her career.

I know she will go to support her close friend Leslie.

fleemke≥
Feb 9th, 2004, 07:16 PM
pfff Great move from Bob :rolleyes:

Presenting tickets to see Justine's first match on wednesayevening .... and after selling thousands of tickets put her match on THURSDAY :rolleyes:

poor guys who have tickets for wednesday!

(source: henin-hardenne.be)

arn
Feb 9th, 2004, 10:24 PM
pfff Great move from Bob :rolleyes:

Presenting tickets to see Justine's first match on wednesayevening .... and after selling thousands of tickets put her match on THURSDAY :rolleyes:

poor guys who have tickets for wednesday!

(source: henin-hardenne.be)
serious??? :eek: Did they do that?? That's not a good way to create sympathy, especially cos lots of walloons are making the trip to antwerp to see Justine. I remember last year when I talked to a walloon girl, they did +- the same, she was really disappointed.

per4ever
Feb 9th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Pierre-Yves contacted the webteam to say that Justine will play her first match on thursday.

GREAT MOVE BOB VERBEECK!!!!!!!!! AMATEUR!!!!!!

It's not the first time this happens..it's like they want Justine to play for a crowd without her fans :rolleyes: I bought a ticket for wednesday to see Justine and I WANT TO SEE JUSTINE!!!!!!!!!

arn
Feb 9th, 2004, 11:32 PM
I'm not going on wednesday but I'm seriously considering writing a mail about it.

Fieke
Feb 10th, 2004, 07:23 AM
Geez... :rolleyes: Verbeeck is clearly not trying to make himself popular.

tine
Feb 10th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Verwarring over eerste match Justine 10-02-2004
De organisatie van de Proximus Diamond Games had de eerste match van Justine Henin-Hardenne gepland op woensdagavond 18 februari. Het sportieve management van Justine verkiest echter pas te starten op donderdagavond 19 februari.

Uiteindelijk beslist de internationale federatie (WTA) in overleg met de spelers en organisatie over de startdag en het uiteindelijke speelschema. Indien de eerste match van Justine wordt verplaatst zullen de fans van Justine die dit wensen hun woensdagavondticket kunnen inruilen voor een plaats in de sessie waarin Justine start.

De organisatie verontschuldigt zich hierbij voor de ontstane verwarring.

azza
Feb 10th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Goodluck Els :banana:

per4ever
Feb 10th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Verwarring over eerste match Justine 10-02-2004
De organisatie van de Proximus Diamond Games had de eerste match van Justine Henin-Hardenne gepland op woensdagavond 18 februari. Het sportieve management van Justine verkiest echter pas te starten op donderdagavond 19 februari.

Uiteindelijk beslist de internationale federatie (WTA) in overleg met de spelers en organisatie over de startdag en het uiteindelijke speelschema. Indien de eerste match van Justine wordt verplaatst zullen de fans van Justine die dit wensen hun woensdagavondticket kunnen inruilen voor een plaats in de sessie waarin Justine start.

De organisatie verontschuldigt zich hierbij voor de ontstane verwarring.
heb het intussen ook gezien tine. Eerst zien en dan geloven. Als er een paar duizend fans hun tickets willen omwisselen voor even goede plaatsen zal dat toch wel ferm wat problemen opleveren..

arn
Feb 10th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Goed dat ze toch wat moeite willen doen, dat is al iets, al is het wel raar dat een organisatie die zo professioneel werkt, zo'n fouten kan maken.

~|Naomi|~
Feb 10th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Thursday:confused: Isn't that a little late to be playing a second round!!

Wimanna
Feb 10th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Treft Bob verbeeck hier alle schuld??? Als het management van Justine (=Pierre-Yves en Justine) wil dat haar partij op donderdag gespeeld wordt, zijn beide partijen dan niet even verantwoordelijk in deze zaak? Dat management weet toch ook dat er massa's tickets werden verkocht voor die bewuste match op woensdag?!!

arn
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Treft Bob verbeeck hier alle schuld??? Als het management van Justine (=Pierre-Yves en Justine) wil dat haar partij op donderdag gespeeld wordt, zijn beide partijen dan niet even verantwoordelijk in deze zaak? Dat management weet toch ook dat er massa's tickets werden verkocht voor die bewuste match op woensdag?!!
Zou het niet logischer zijn geweest als ze hier eerst samen over gediscussieerd hadden?

*ofwel raadpleeg je Justine eerst om te horen wat zij wil en volg je dat
*ofwel raadpleeg je haar niet, zet je haar op een dag, maar verander je dat ook niet meer.

fleemke≥
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Het zou om een misverstand gaan ... het managment was niet op de hoogte van de ticketverkoop ivm Justine ...

Ok tis al heel wa minder erg en er wordt aan een oplossing gewerkt maar idd Arn overleg met Justine had veel leed kunnen voorkomen :o

Wimanna
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Dus als puntje bij paaltje komt, zal Justine gewoon woensdag spelen waarschijnlijk ;) :)

[off-topic]btw, iemand vanmiddag op VTM da telefoonspel gezien? Letters werden door elkaar gehaald en je moet daar dan een begrip mee zoeken... 'Belgisch trots' was de tip... Met de letters en de tip (tennisgeluiden) wist ik dat het om Justine ging, maar dat het dan verkeerd geschreven was...nl. Justin Hennin :o:o :rolleyes: Jammer dat ik niet aan de lijn kwam, dan hadden ze het wel gehoord :D[/off-topic]

The Crow
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Wat voor een amateurboelke is mij dat daar?? :confused: Ten eerste heb ik het altijd al raar gevonden dat ze 6 maanden op voorhand het schema van tenniswedstrijden aankondigen en ten tweede, sinds wanneer mag een speelster beslissen wanneer ze speelt??

Belgium = Best
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:15 PM
[off-topic]btw, iemand vanmiddag op VTM da telefoonspel gezien? Letters werden door elkaar gehaald en je moet daar dan een begrip mee zoeken... 'Belgisch trots' was de tip... Met de letters en de tip (tennisgeluiden) wist ik dat het om Justine ging, maar dat het dan verkeerd geschreven was...nl. Justin Hennin :o:o :rolleyes: Jammer dat ik niet aan de lijn kwam, dan hadden ze het wel gehoord :D[/off-topic]Heb ik ook gezien :rolleyes: :tape:

En die vrouw aan de lijn :lol:

Wimanna
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Heb ik ook gezien :rolleyes: :tape:

En die vrouw aan de lijn :lol:
:lol: Ik lag in een deuk toen...het menske snapte er niets van...en gelukkig werd ze wat geholpen ;)

Come-on-kim
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Nathalie Dechy won't play here :sad:

Belgium = Best
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:22 PM
:lol: Ik lag in een deuk toen...het menske snapte er niets van...en gelukkig werd ze wat geholpen ;)
ja, die oude dame ;)

Wimanna
Feb 13th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Pre Qualifying

Taton def. Maes 7-5 4-6 6-4 :) :(:sad:

Svennovitch
Feb 13th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Pre Qualifying

Taton def. Maes 7-5 4-6 6-4 :) :(:sad:
Gaelle :bounce:

Wimanna
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Pre Qualifying

Van Hyfte def. Bailly 6-0 6-1 :yeah: :bounce:

With a good draw she can reach the second round I think :)

Svennovitch
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Pre Qualifying

Van Hyfte def. Bailly 6-0 6-1 :yeah: :bounce:

With a good draw she can reach the second round I think :)
Go Evelyne!! She'll qualify for the main draw, I am sure of it :cool:
Hope to see her thursday :yeah:

Svennovitch
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:55 PM
De Laet - Butkiewicz 7-5, 2-0 ret.

Leslie :sad:

arn
Feb 13th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Gaelle! :bounce:

Elleke
Feb 13th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Feys bt Claes 62 64

Fieke
Feb 13th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Go Evelyne!! She'll qualify for the main draw, I am sure of it :cool:
Hope to see her thursday :yeah:

Sven, I hope you're right... Good luck Evelyne :bounce:

Wimanna
Feb 13th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Stefanie :) and Debbrich :)

Shana ;) (looking good again :drool: )
Leslie :sad:

Fieke
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Antwerp Qualifying draw:

Debbrich Feys (BEL) vs. Marie-Gaianeh Mikaelian (SUI)
Alexandra Stevenson (VS) vs. GaŽlle Taton (BEL)
Marlene Weingartner (GER) vs. Evelyne Van Hyfte (BEL)
Stephanie De Laet (BEL) vs. Julia Vakulenko (UKR)

Wimanna
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Gaelle could upset Alexandra :devil:
And I really hope Evelyne defeats Weingartner
De Laet and Feys have a hard task, although Marie-Gaianeh has struggled a lot recently and is coming back from injury.

caafje
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Antwerp Qualifying draw:

Debbrich Feys (BEL) vs. Marie-Gaianeh Mikaelian (SUI)
Alexandra Stevenson (VS) vs. GaŽlle Taton (BEL)
Marlene Weingartner (GER) vs. Evelyne Van Hyfte (BEL)
Stephanie De Laet (BEL) vs. Julia Vakulenko (UKR)

Ouch, though first round for all of them. :( I really hope Evelyne wins, but she'll have to play pretty damn well.

We need a Tier-5 in Belgium; then our girls would have a good chance of qualifying. Laurence Courtois, could you take care of it please? Thanks! ;)

Come-on-kim
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:08 PM
GAELLE :bounce: :bounce:

Come-on-kim
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:48 PM
:wavey: Guys

I sent a mail to Gaelle with all the good messages that has been posted in the BBB about her retirement and her game,... she thanked you and said that it really went directly to her heart :hearts:

She added that she really enjoyed herself today against Caroline!

Brαm
Feb 13th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Caroline :sobbing: :bigcry: :sad:
I really wanted to see you again :awww:

Glad Evelyne won so easily! :D
Good luck tomorrow :bounce:

Geoffry
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:09 AM
There seems to be a new quali draw:

Van Hyfte vs. Stevenson
Taton vs. Adr.Barna
the other two remain the same

Xian
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Good luck Evelyne and welcome back Gaelle :hearts: sorry to hear that she quits tennis :sad: :sad:

Elleke
Feb 14th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Gaelle lost 57 16 :sad:
Stephanie lost 64 36 26 but :eek: :D @ her taking a set of Julia! :)

konijntje_00
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Feys lost 6-4 6-2 :sad:

BelgianGirl
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Didn't they say Kim would play her first match on Tuesday?! :confused:
I just read on the website that she will play her first match on wednesday afternoon now. She will play doubles with Elke on Tuesday evening. Tickets for tuesday-evening can also be used for wednesday-afternoon.
I bought tickets for tuesday : I don't really mind seeing doubles with Elke instead of Kim's singles match, but I can imagine that many others do have a problem with that...
It's getting complicated this way!

Wimanna
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Elke had to play her first round on monday, cuz if she won she normally would play Kim on tuesday. But after the draw was made, there was a problem. Elke had to play a qualifier, but that qualifier has to play his qualifying round on monday too....so Kim/Elke were asked to play doubles, so most fans wouldn't complain about the tuesday tickets.

caafje
Feb 15th, 2004, 10:27 AM
ITF Almere (Nl) ITF Grade 4:
16-21 feb

Main Draw:
Aude Vermoezen (į89)
Claudia Smolders (į87)
Dťsirťe Bastianon (į88)
Julie Stas (į88)

Qually draw:
Tatiana Cutrona(į87)
Ariane Masschelin (į89)
Florence De Vrye (į89)
Goele Lemmens (į89) :)
Marianne Van Oppen (į89)

Good Luck!

Brαm
Feb 15th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Stevenson beat Van Hyfte 6-2 6-2 :( :sad: :fiery: :mad: :sobbing: :awww:

The Crow
Feb 15th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Elke had to play her first round on monday, cuz if she won she normally would play Kim on tuesday. But after the draw was made, there was a problem. Elke had to play a qualifier, but that qualifier has to play his qualifying round on monday too....so Kim/Elke were asked to play doubles, so most fans wouldn't complain about the tuesday tickets.
:rolleyes: So they kinda forgot this possibility?

Brαm
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Portimao $10,000:

Q1: Mayr beat Debodt 6-2 6-1 :awww:

Come-on-kim
Feb 15th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Gaelle :sad:

arn
Feb 15th, 2004, 11:46 PM
I was very impressed with Van Hyfte en Feys during doubles today! (I know they both lost :sad: ) Who is the doubles partner of Feys? (I even forgot her name already :o ) I never heard about her :scratch:

Come-on-kim
Feb 15th, 2004, 11:56 PM
I was very impressed with Van Hyfte en Feys during doubles today! (I know they both lost :sad: ) Who is the doubles partner of Feys? (I even forgot her name already :o ) I never heard about her :scratch:
Trouche!!! :p How could you forget? Jurgen said her name like... 100 times :rolleyes: lol

arn
Feb 15th, 2004, 11:58 PM
That was it ;) It's clear she did not impress me much :o ;)

per4ever
Feb 15th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Els Callens (BEL) 19:30 Emilie Loit (FRA)
1/8ste finalesA. Barna (DUI) / B. Schneider (DUI) V C. Maes (BEL) / M. Mikaelian (ZWI)

This is the schedule for mondayevening... I can't believe it.. is this worth 25 euro????? I got free tickets for mondayevening, but this isn't even worth the trainticket to Antwerp. This tournament sucks completely!!!!!! I hope Kim and Justine lose early, so Bob and his damn organisation can cry out..

arn
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:00 AM
ok, Trouche is 800 in singles and 712 in doubles, imo she will not go a lot higher :o

Come-on-kim
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:01 AM
That was it ;) It's clear she did not impress me much :o ;)
She impressed me with the way she put her racket to return,... :p

arn
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:02 AM
1/8ste finalesA. Barna (DUI) / B. Schneider (DUI) V C. Maes (BEL) / M. Mikaelian (ZWI)

This is the schedule for mondayevening... I can't believe it.. is this worth 25 euro????? I got free tickets for mondayevening, but this isn't even worth the trainticket to Antwerp. This tournament sucks completely!!!!!! I hope Kim and Justine lose early, so Bob and his damn organisation can cry out..
it's not really what you call good scheduling but I'm sure a lot of people will love seeing Els Callens play (I would be one of them :) )

arn
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:03 AM
She impressed me with the way she put her racket to return,... :p
Yeah, I never saw somebody waiting for a return like that before :eek: Also her service is a bit strange ;)

Come-on-kim
Feb 16th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Yeah, I never saw somebody waiting for a return like that before :eek: Also her service is a bit strange ;)
Well, in fact, everything is special in that girl :p

per4ever
Feb 16th, 2004, 10:14 AM
it's not really what you call good scheduling but I'm sure a lot of people will love seeing Els Callens play (I would be one of them :) )
would you also pay 25 euro to see only that match?

arn
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:46 PM
would you also pay 25 euro to see only that match?
It's also the doubles match after it with Maes ;)

But I agree, I would not pay 25Ä for it, but if I would have won tickets, I would have gone :)

Brαm
Feb 16th, 2004, 05:27 PM

Maybe you could try to organise it next year? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :tape:

E. Blackadder
Feb 16th, 2004, 05:41 PM
I think they put Els alone in the evening to cheer her up and motivate her (as a reward for not getting the WC first and for not being able to play with Martina)

The Crow
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:24 PM
I think they put Els alone in the evening to cheer her up and motivate her (as a reward for not getting the WC first and for not being able to play with Martina)
Still it's quite remarkable that she wasn't good enough for a WC and now she's the star of an evening session ;) Kudos for her I'd say :D

The Crow
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:25 PM
And K, not worth a train ticket? Please :rolleyes: :p

Brαm
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Els Callens beat Emilie Loit 6-1 7-6 :eek: :eek: :D :yeah:

Well done Els!! :bigclap: :kiss:

E. Blackadder
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:39 PM
She sure played well :bounce:

Wimanna
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Elske!!!!! :yippee: :bounce: :yeah:

Come-on-kim
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Els :bounce: And she seemed happy to say on the mic all she had inside herself :yeah:

AntennA
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Congratz Els! You really showed Bob Verbeeck was wrong! :bounce:

Brαm
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Elke :bounce: And she seemed happy to say on the mic all she had inside herself :yeah:
Elke? :confused: :p

Come-on-kim
Feb 16th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Elke? :confused: :p
Amai :rolleyes: It's because Wim wrote Elske and I read it before replying and so Els (in my mind) + Elske (under my eyes) = Elke (in my reply lol)

Come-on-kim
Feb 16th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Bram, I can't repping you now because i must spread :rolleyes: same for Stijn.

Anyway, let's hope my mistake was a good omen :p

Xian
Feb 16th, 2004, 10:27 PM
sorry to post that

Mallorca Quali
Bahn d. de Block 60 60 :o

Come-on-kim
Feb 16th, 2004, 10:44 PM
A. Barna (ALM) / B. Schneider (ALM) def. C. Maes (BEL) / M. Mikaelian (SUI)2-6 6-1 6-3

:sad:

arn
Feb 16th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Caroline :sad:

Brαm
Feb 17th, 2004, 12:59 PM
A. Barna (ALM) / B. Schneider (ALM) def. C. Maes (BEL) / M. Mikaelian (SUI)2-6 6-1 6-3

:sad:
At least they won a set :angel: ;)

Bad luck Caro!

Brαm
Feb 17th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Arantxa Parra (ESP) beat Elke Clijsters (BEL) 6-3 6-2 in 57min :awww:

She made some great winners, but also a lot of unforced errors. If she trained really hard in the future & got those silly errors out of her game, she could be top-150 IMO.

Stijn
Feb 17th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Poor Caro and Elke :awww:

Wimanna
Feb 17th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Arantxa Parra (ESP) beat Elke Clijsters (BEL) 6-3 6-2 in 57min :awww:

She made some great winners, but also a lot of unforced errors. If she trained really hard in the future & got those silly errors out of her game, she could be top-150 IMO.
Yeah, but still, I can't see any progression in her game...2 years ago she was more powerfull in her groundstrokes no? But without the mistakes, this could have gone either way. And that stupid net :fiery:

Brαm
Feb 17th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Yeah, but still, I can't see any progression in her game...2 years ago she was more powerfull in her groundstrokes no? But without the mistakes, this could have gone either way. And that stupid net :fiery:
Hmmm you may be right about the progression in her game.. She reached the semis of Koksijde (?) in 2000. Two weeks ago she reached the semis in a Portuguese 10,000 tournament. 4 years later and she's still playing 10,000 challengers, so in a period of 3-4 years she hasn't made much progress :unsure:

The Crow
Feb 17th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Stop giving the girl WC's already!! :mad: :mad: It's not good for anyone! And least of all for Elke!

Brαm
Feb 17th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Stop giving the girl WC's already!! :mad: :mad: It's not good for anyone! And least of all for Elke!
I agree, a WC into qualifying would be better for her. But who should get a WC then? Which Belgian player should've got Elke's WC?

The Crow
Feb 17th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Well okay, Els in the first place, but that was kinda obvious.

Considering Kirsten's retirement: well I'm not the specialist, but I'd say the next Belgian in the rankings. Which I'm sure is not Elke (right? :o) Caroline Maes probably (yes I know she didn't even made it to the quallies, but if she's the next Belgian in the rankings, she deserved it).

But I can understand that she gets a WC in Belgium. In Luxemburg or Germany on the other hand...

tine
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:26 PM
ITF Juniors: Qualifying:

R1:Lemmens(1)vs Bye
R2:Sperling def.Lemmens 6-4 7-5
R1: Cutrona(2) vs Bye
R2:Cutrona def. De Bakker 6-1 6-0
R1: Wouters Kristel (Bel-i don't know who she is)def. Tigu 3-6 6-2 6-2
R2 Wouters def. Bernaards 6-3. 7-5
R1 Masschelein(Bel) def.Hougee 6-1 6-0
R2:Masschelein def.Van Uitert 4-6 6-3 6-3
R1 De Vrije def. Monteiro 6-2 6-4
R2:Van de Horst def. De Vrije 6-2 3-6 6-2

Brαm
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Antwerp:

Elke & Kim Clijsters beat Sfar/Vis 6-1 6-0 :cool: :dance:

konijntje_00
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:34 PM
:woohoo: for the Clijsters-sisters!!!

Wimanna
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Kim/Elke :eek: :yeah: :bounce:

Cutrona, Masschelein, Wouters (related to Marlene? lol) :)

tine
Feb 18th, 2004, 10:33 AM
ITF Juniors

Q3: Cutrona (Bel) def.Wouters(Bel) 6-2 6-3
Q3: Castillo(2) def. Masschelein 6-2 7-5

Maindraw:
R1: Wouters(LL) vs Boonstra (1)
R1: Bastanon vs Meddens
R1: De Vrije (LL) vs Bennekom (6)
R1: Smolders (7) vs Ravenstein
R1: Stas vs Lock
R1: Cutrona (Q) vs Teeling (LL)
R1: Masschelein (LL) vs Grady (2)

A lot of lucky losers in the draw!!

~|Naomi|~
Feb 18th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Kim def parra 6-3 6-2:bounce:

Geoffry
Feb 18th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Farina Elia(8) def. Callens(wc) 3-6 6-2 6-1 :sad:

but she did play a great set and a half :bounce:

Wimanna
Feb 18th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Kim :) But she was not showing her best tennis at all
Els :sad: But till 6-3 2-3 she played absolutely her best tennis :yeah:

Majo
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:16 PM
congrats to Els, she played very good tennis, I really enjoyed watching that first set! :bounce: (had to go play tennis myself after that :p)

and congrats Kim too :bounce:

Svennovitch
Feb 18th, 2004, 10:25 PM
C. Black (ZIM) / E. Callens (BEL) def. A. Parra (SP) / M. Serna (SP) 7-6, 7-6

arn
Feb 19th, 2004, 12:17 AM
I certainly enjoyed Els' match! Great tennis for half a match and she still gave her all in the rest :D Also well done in doubles :)

Brαm
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:51 AM
C. Black (ZIM) / E. Callens (BEL) def. A. Parra (SP) / M. Serna (SP) 7-6, 7-6
Umm... :scratch:

:o

Ah well, they won... :) :shrug:

Wimanna
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Juniors, Almere (Grade 4)
R1 Boonstra (1) - Wouters (LL) 6-1 6-4 :sad:
R1 Meddens - Bastianon 7-5 7-6(2) :(
R1 Bennekom (6) - De Vrije (LL) 0-6 6-3 6-0 :scratch: :sad:
R1 Ravenstein - Smolders (7) 6-4 6-2 :(:(
R1 Stas - Lock 6-1 6-2 :)
R1 Cutrona (Q) - Teeling (LL) 6-1 6-1 :)
R1 Grady (2) - Masschelein (LL) 6-4 6-1 :sad:
R2 Stas - Fehse
R2 Cutrona (Q) - Grady (2)

Wimanna
Feb 19th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Justine withdrew due to sickness...

She's replaced by Foretz.

Svennovitch
Feb 19th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Justine withdrew due to sickness...

She's replaced by Foretz.

Grrrr :fiery: :fiery:

This is becoming the worst tournament ever!! Thank god, I didn't pay for my ticket this evening...

E. Blackadder
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:08 PM
C. Black (ZIM) / E. Callens (BEL) def. A. Barna (DUI) / B. Schneider (DUI) 6-4, 6-4

arn
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Well done Els and Cara!!!

Because Els did not play her last year, some points that will be very helpfull in her doubles rank :)

Brαm
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Els :bigclap:

Now let's hope Kim & Elke join Els into the semi-finals :hearts:

Brαm
Feb 19th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Portimao $10,000:
R1 (doubles):
Babos/Pavic beat Debodt/Smolenakova 6-4 6-1 :unsure:

Jennifer dear, it's time to book a ticket to Nigeria again :kiss:

Wimanna
Feb 19th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Portimao $10,000:
R1 (doubles):

:haha: :lol: But anyway, we'll keep supporting her, no? :D

Brαm
Feb 19th, 2004, 06:16 PM
:haha: :lol: But anyway, we'll keep supporting her, no? :D
I hope I'll see her play during the summer challengers! I wonder what her game is like!

Maybe I could get 1 game?

Nah ;)

Brαm
Feb 19th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Loit/Mandula beat Clijsters/Clijsters 6-2 6-2 :( :awww:
Too bad for Elke, because a win would've put her inside the top-170 :(

Ah well, maybe next year ;)

Wimanna
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Loit/Mandula beat Clijsters/Clijsters 6-2 6-2 :( :awww:
Too bad for Elke, because a win would've put her inside the top-170 :(

Ah well, maybe next year ;)
Yeah too bad, but what was Kim doing???? She was really the worst player out there.

Come-on-kim
Feb 19th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Yes, Kim was the worst :mad:

BelgianGirl
Feb 20th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Elke played a good match! :) Too bad her sister wasn't as good as usual :p

I hope Elke can iprove her doubles ranking so she can play some tournaments with Kim later on! :bounce: :bounce:

tennisbelge
Feb 20th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Portimao $10,000:
R1 (doubles):

Isn't there a tournament next week in Benin? :devil:

arn
Feb 20th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Poor girl, I don't understand why she keeps on trying :o

Svennovitch
Feb 20th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Portimao $10,000:
R1 (doubles):

How the hell does she keep on finding partners to play doubles with? :o

arn
Feb 20th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Probably all girls who want to concentrate on singles ;)

Wimanna
Feb 20th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Isn't there a tournament next week in Benin? :devil:
But she's not on the entry list there :sad: If she had play here, she was almost a seed :tape: :D

Wimanna
Feb 20th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Juniors: Almere (Grade 4)
R2 Fehse - Stas 5-1 ret. :sad:
R2 Grady (2) - Cutrona (Q) 6-3 6-4 :sad:

Brαm
Feb 21st, 2004, 10:49 AM
Jennifer is top-600 in doubles :yeah: ;)

Antwerp:
QF Clijsters beat Maleeva 7-6 6-2 :hearts:

Brαm
Feb 21st, 2004, 04:36 PM
C. Black/ E. Callens beat Dhenin/Marosi 6-3 6-3 :D :worship:

Good luck in the final :bounce: :yeah:

arn
Feb 21st, 2004, 04:43 PM
In the beginning Dhenin played really well, but after that Els was the best playe in the match :) Especially her half-volleys :D

Good luck in the finals!!!

Wimanna
Feb 21st, 2004, 05:58 PM
Els/Cara :yeah:

Geoffry
Feb 21st, 2004, 06:56 PM
well done Els & Cara

Wimanna
Feb 21st, 2004, 07:48 PM
Clijsters (2) def. Casanova (LL) 6-1 6-2 :yeah:

Myriam was just going for every shot, not the best solution against Kim ;)

Stijn
Feb 21st, 2004, 08:21 PM
Good luck to Kim and Els in the finals :yeah:

E. Blackadder
Feb 21st, 2004, 08:29 PM
what is the first name of masschelein? there's a girl in my club that has the same name! If it is her: I already played mixed with her once, and she was pretty darn good, but not world tennis worthy

Wimanna
Feb 21st, 2004, 08:48 PM
Bram, it's Ariana ;)

~|Naomi|~
Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:34 AM
Woohoo go take out the title in front of your hometown crowd Els:bounce:

Will Els and Cara be a permanent partnership?

Myriam was just going for every shot, not the best solution against Kim ;)
So did Kim play even a little bit better or was Casanova just not good enough and missing everything? How do you think she will go in the final? I'm pretty nervous about it:o

E. Blackadder
Feb 22nd, 2004, 09:45 AM
Bram, it's Ariana ;)
whoops. then it's not her. the girl I played with is Saskia :)

Wimanna
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:12 PM
After Kim vs Myriam, Dominique and Sabine played a set, Dominique won that one 6-4 :bounce:

Svennovitch
Feb 22nd, 2004, 03:20 PM
Kim - Sylvia 6-3, 6-0 :bounce:

Let the pictures with the diamond racket come :)

Wimanna
Feb 22nd, 2004, 04:02 PM
Kim :hearts: :hearts: Well done Kim :yeah: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :hug:

Wimanna
Feb 22nd, 2004, 04:21 PM
Callens/Black def. Casanova/Daniilidou 6-2 6-1 :bounce: :yeah: :yippee:

Fieke
Feb 22nd, 2004, 05:12 PM
Well done Els / Cara :kiss:

Brαm
Feb 22nd, 2004, 05:18 PM
KIM :hearts: :bounce: :yippee: