PDA

View Full Version : Which Russian will be the first to reach the top five?

johnboy4
Jan 10th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Which Russian will make it to the top five first?

johnboy4
Jan 10th, 2004, 10:09 PM
i think myskina will

HotSpot
Jan 11th, 2004, 04:22 AM
no doubt... MYSKINA...

Geoffry
Jan 11th, 2004, 04:25 PM
I think Myskina

AnDyDog621
Jan 11th, 2004, 08:59 PM
u forgot Dinara Safina on ur list

williamsfan
Jan 12th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Thats who I pick. Safina She's the only russian I like.

anthonyqld
Jan 12th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Vera Zvonareva will win the Australian Open, and come very close to the top 5. She'll break through soon after.

littlemashakfan
Jan 12th, 2004, 05:22 PM
I'll go for Maria Kirilenko in 5yrs time . I doubt whether any Russian will make it there by that time

petrova-fan
Jan 12th, 2004, 08:46 PM
It will be Myskina or Petrova. I think the other ones are not ready for the top five (not in this year). I think that if Myskina cathes a good beginning of the year she will reach it first, but if Petrova stays healthy and Myskina could't become under the top 5 in the next few months, Petrova will reach it first!

But maybe I am completely wrong and another one will be the first!

charmedRic
Jan 12th, 2004, 09:23 PM
I'll have to go with Maria, she's the one with the least points to defend and the best chances at scoring big.

Elena or Nadia could be good choices, but I'll stick with Maria.

Filadidas
Jan 13th, 2004, 03:15 PM
At the moment, I will say Myskina!!! But if she really wants to get to the Top5, she needs to maintain her focus during a match.... I've noticed that she isn't too good in this area, particularly to capitalize a lead..... Like last year at YEC against Henin-Hardanne leading 5-0 in the first set, this year at Hopman Cup against Mauresmo leading 4-1 in the second set...... but eventually she lost the set... and the match!!!!
:D

Sharapova??? I think she still has limitation on the number of tournaments she can enter this year due to the age rule..... So she won't be able to make it up to there that soon. But geez.... this girl really got the natural talent - serves, groundstrokes no problem!!! All she needs is the experience....... :D

Petrova??? Not sure.... She has the power, but not the mobility!!!
:)

Dementieva??? I can't see that! Her second serve really costs her game!!! And this girl is just too inconsistent.... one day she can beat a player like Henin-Hardenne, Mauresmo and Davenport, another day she can get beaten by a player who ranked below 80!!!!
:confused:

Zvonareva??? Still inconsistent...... and yeah... she needs to get her mind together on court!!! She gotta stop that over-react emotions....
:confused:

Vass22
Jan 13th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Myskina is the closest, yeah. But she still has to become more consistent.
Nadia Petrova actually has an excellent chance to reach the top-5 too, maybe faster than Anastasia. Vera has the best chances yet to reach the top ten. While others might not do it, Vera is almost certain to do it. But not just yet, she'll have to work for that for quite some time. Maria no doubt will someday be there too.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 13th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Bovina has all what it takes to get there!!!!!