Buitenzorg
Feb 14th, 2002, 11:55 PM
I would like to say: Schiavone, Henin , Seles and Capriati

Lapin
Feb 14th, 2002, 11:57 PM
Amelie!! :)

Jordan.
Feb 15th, 2002, 12:13 AM
I dont mean to sound mean,but,these polls are kind of useless,everyone knows that their just gonna vote for their favorites.Its the same thing as asking whos the most popular player,dont mean to sound mean,but thats just how I feel..

ASV
Feb 15th, 2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Jordan
I dont mean to sound mean,but,these polls are kind of useless,everyone knows that their just gonna vote for their favorites.Its the same thing as asking whos the most popular player,dont mean to sound mean,but thats just how I feel..

WELL SAID JORDAN...

ANYWAY......

ARANTXA SANCHEZ-VICARIO HAS THE BEST BACKHAND!

Buitenzorg
Feb 15th, 2002, 03:10 AM
She has a beautiful backhand, her game improved a lot by her backhand (I'm mean her Ranking as well)

Linton
Feb 15th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Great say Jordan.

These polls are a bit pointless. as people iwll vote for their fans. and it just destroys the hole purpose of the poll. A small minority said Henin which undoubtfely has the best back hand. But most of them voted for hingis. and to me it just seems that people voted for hingis as a favourite not a talent. My Favourite is Hingis. the ebstbackhand is Henin end of story,

Williams Rulez
Feb 15th, 2002, 08:46 AM
Best backhand Henin??

No way! Henin's backhand just looks good, I doubt it is as good as Martina's, Lindsay's or Venus'. And I am being serious here. Just look at her BH winners to error ratio. You'll see what I mean.

daNieLa iS cUtE
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Agree with Linton...

My fave is Daniela who happens to have a great backhand as well, but I paid money to go watch Justine(and 2 other matches too) but you get the pic...

Henin gets my vote!

Tweety
Feb 15th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Justine, no question here :)

sunny
Feb 15th, 2002, 03:38 PM
I agree with Williams_rulez (I usually do). Justine has possibly the most beautiful backhand on the tour, but not the best one. I'm not trying to put her down, I think she's a great player. she does so well to get such results even though she's not one of the "power babes". still, size does matter. justine uses everything she has, to produce a very good backhand, but she can't compete with the backhands of the likes of Davenport, Seles and the Williams sisters (when they are on their mark).
my choice is Lindsay Davenport. she has a backhand that isn't just powerful, but is also very accurate. she paints the lines, every single time.

Mazza
Feb 15th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Justine has such a beautiful backhand, and it's one-handed!! :)

Fingon
Feb 15th, 2002, 06:12 PM
sunny, I don't agree.

Justine's is the most versatile backhand in the game, according to McEnroe, it's the best single shot in men or women's tennis.

she can hit it with topspin, flat or slice, all the options crosscourt or down the line.

She can change the shot at the very last minute, hit it on the run.

You could see in the Wimbledon final, when Venus was hitting to Justine's backhand, Justine was winning the point, that's how she won the second set. Venus then realised she should hit to the forehand side and if you see the match you will notice how every Venus' shot went to the forehand side.

Against Serena at the US Open, the same happened, a few games that Serena was hitting to the backhand side Justine was winning the points. Then Serena started to hit everything to the forehand side.

Lindsay has a good backhand, powerful and precise, but it doesn't have much variety, once a player gets used to it she can control it, look at Venus and Serena. Lindsay has problems hitting it on the run.

still, players like Lindsay, Venus or Serena overpower Justine, but not because of the backhand, but despite it, if Justine's forehand was even nearly as good as the backhand, she would be unbeatable :)

Come-on-kim
Feb 15th, 2002, 06:52 PM
I like Kim's one!!!!

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 15th, 2002, 07:09 PM
ANNA KOURNIKOVA & ANABEL MEDINA!

Elisse
Feb 15th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Amélie!!!

Justinator
Feb 16th, 2002, 12:29 AM
Justine definitely, I love it when she's mixing it up.

She played some great ones against Maleeva on Thursday, using her slice very well. Her best match of the year.

Justinator
Feb 16th, 2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by VivalaSeles
Hmmm ... Sophie ... you like Nuno Gomes too :o ;)

How can you not love the man? ;)

Fingon
Feb 16th, 2002, 01:12 AM
Sophie, I know what you mean. I saw her at the Canadian Open and could see that slice backhand, which is underrated in relation with the topspin but it's as good.

Nearly every time he could hit a clean topspin backhand, the point was over.

Scotso
Feb 16th, 2002, 01:24 AM
Henin of course ;)

Becool
Feb 16th, 2002, 02:37 AM
Katulampa :

You're polls are always forgeting someone important, and always being included someone who really has nothing to do with the polls relationed...

For example : Meghann Shaughnessy... Her backhand is soo normal... It's not soo "incredible", I would put Stevenson, instead of Meghann..... :rolleyes:

Anyway vote for Serena:

Her preparation is sooo long, and you really need a good time for do that backhand, that is so beautiful and she does with extremely perfection, and when her backhand is on, it's really exciting to watch her play :)

Buitenzorg
Feb 16th, 2002, 12:08 PM
H E N I N absolutely

Lindsayfan
Feb 16th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Justine's backhand is marvelous!i love watching her for that!backhand is "her shot"!

saki
Feb 16th, 2002, 02:22 PM
Henin, Martinez & Mauresmo all have great backhands.

Also, Silvia Farina Elia although I wouldn't claim it was "the best".

angele87
Feb 16th, 2002, 06:33 PM

Well my fave is Kim, then Venus, Martina etc... I don't know where Justine would be on my faves list but she has the best backhand on tour!

*Izzy*
Feb 16th, 2002, 07:45 PM
Justine- although Momo also has a frickin' amazing backhand!

Maajken
Feb 16th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Justine's is the most beautiful, Lindsay's is the best.

ßcoene
May 20th, 2002, 11:53 PM
Joepie Justine won

aura of daniela
May 21st, 2002, 01:53 AM

Nah Jordan, your wrong, people don't always vote for there favourite................

By the way............I think Daniela has the best backhand on the tour................hehehehehehehehehehehe........ ......lol.

Was just kidding Jordan.

It's true with most polls, but this one seems a bit more accurate maybe............:confused:

Simon V

Jordan.
May 21st, 2002, 01:56 AM
:rolleyes:

LucasArg
May 21st, 2002, 03:20 AM
I must say Justine has the nicest backhand, also Arantxa, Amelie, Venus and Martina.

But most of top players has a nice backhand.

:)

adison-hingis
May 21st, 2002, 06:38 AM
i have to admit that Henin has a very solid backhand , she could hit that backhand all over the court like backhand down the line or backhand crossed court .Other player has a very good backhand is Hingis ,she normally does not make any mistake on her backhand unlike some other top players .Otherwise i think Hingis has the most beautiful backhand in the world .I really love to see that ...

http://mhic.free.fr/pa/it/05015.jpg

Can you guy guess what she purposed to hit backhand down the line or backhand crossed court ?

SM
May 21st, 2002, 08:15 AM
i think it depends on the criteria we judge it by...just because a certain backhand is most versatile or powerful doesnt ensure it success, sometimes power will frustrate certain opponents, sometimes precision, or sometimes a varied backhand.

*Henin - best variety!!!!
*Hingis- best precision
*Monica Seles- most powerful

noty mentions- Mauresmo, Henin, Serena, Davenport and Dokic.

wave
May 21st, 2002, 10:38 AM
Why am I not allowed to vote???
Anyway, Monica has the best backhand. Most beautiful should be Justine or Amelie.

Williams Rulez
May 21st, 2002, 02:17 PM
Best would be Venus...

Most beautiful would be Amelie... :D

Vincent
Aug 9th, 2003, 06:40 PM
still think Daniela..:)
You better change your name. :eek: :p

SJW
Aug 9th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Venus

technically it is the most incorrect shot a top player could have but that makes u appreciate how good it is. i guess Venus was never taught to plant her feet huh? she prepares early, but swings late, so u cant tell which direction its going.

SJW
Aug 9th, 2003, 07:01 PM
ps Henin gets vote for "prettiest" backhand....not the best IMO