PDA

View Full Version : Alicia is injured AGAIN

Aussie_Kim
Jan 9th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Alicia has a 'partial tear of the planta fascia in her left foot.'
This is terrible news. I hope the tear is not too serious. This is third time she has torn her planta fascia in a year. I'm sure this is the least severe by far but it is hearbreaking. :sad:
This means Alicia and therefore Australia has had to retire from the Hopman Cup final.
(I am upset as I had tickets but more so upset for Alicia as I saw her play great against Kim and Daniela.)
Alicia has said, " I thought we were in for a big one this year ... especially with the form that Lleyton and I have been in, I think we were ready to give it a go tomorrow. But I just have to give the injury a rest and treatment and I'll be cautious about my return."

Lets hope Alicia can be given a late 1st round match by tournament officials and play the adidas international. Hopefully the worst will be her withdrawing from the adidas but regaining all her Hobart points with a great showing at the Oz Open.

azza
Jan 9th, 2004, 08:05 AM
:mad: Alicia :crying2:

kell
Jan 10th, 2004, 04:13 AM
I'm devastated. Really devastated. If this problems keeps recurring it's gonna be threatening to her career.

Aussie_Kim
Jan 10th, 2004, 02:02 PM
I know this is terrible. At first we were told the injury wasn't too bad. BUT NOW it said in todays paper that Alicia DEFINETELY won't play the adidas and 'is in doubt for the Aus Open.' It is such a worry. I hope this time the injury can heal properly but some have said this could take up to six months. Alicia has said that her career comes first and if it means missing the whole Aussie summer so be it. :sad: