PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 Report :-)

broncosven
Jan 9th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Well i was on court 4 today and a good bunch of matches

Pisnik was in great form against Beidnova and easily won it, although beidnova was quite erratic at times. Chadlova won against poutchek was spent morettime throwing her racquet and yelling then hitting winners. the final match on my court was srebotnik vs randraintefy . . .well srebotnik was goin great guns and hitting winners and forcing errors until the end of 2nd set where it all went wrong . . she got code violations and never recovered to lose in the 3rd

Saw the start of hewitt's match and left when she was up 3-1 . . but i heard that was when she started playing shit and shame she lost after a betta start. brianne didnt fair much betta and got hammered . . she was way to tentative and scared to play here shots. lindsay lee waters also won and spent alot of time screaming. Safina also played pretty good and had a nice easy win

Saw Henin and Pratt practising which was cool

matthias
Jan 9th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Birnerova not Beidnova
chladkova not Chadlova

but thanks for your report :wavey:

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 9th, 2004, 08:33 AM
:wavey: danke

azza
Jan 9th, 2004, 08:46 AM
your hair was mad i love it :banana:

broncosven
Jan 9th, 2004, 08:54 AM
LoL thank u :angel: :lol:

where were u . . i saw this kid in a black shirt messaging someone - i think it was on briannes court was that u . . or these 2 kids getting there giant tennis balls signed ???

And sorry about my spelling . . . everyone should know by now im a bad speller

it was a heaps good day

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 9th, 2004, 10:29 AM
lol :p

azza was messaging me :p

SM
Jan 9th, 2004, 04:03 PM
i saw bits of many matches..

i saw the second set tie break of dragomir v torrens valero. dragomir has a beautiful single handed bh among the prettiest ive seen, and she takes it nice and early out in front when she hits the topspin, and cuts it with so much precision on her slice. its got great diguise and in the tie break she was counter punching but using good variation and angles to go up 6-2. she ended up losing it after getting a bit tentative.

douchevina didnt impreess me today. her serve and groundies werent penetrating and she wasnt hitting cleanly..

saw all of jaslyns match. she started off 4-1 up and really shouldve been 5-1 but she wasted a break point earlier on. jaslyn has really improved, she moved extremely well andhits much deeper. slice off both sides was good too. shes playing alot like lleyton-lite now and i see how she beat stosur easily a few months ago! she really shouldve won this IMO.

poor bryanne. she can do better. it would help if she didnt stay 3 metres behind the baseline all the time! even when she was 0-6 0-3 down i was thinking nows the time to try something new, move in to the court or go to the net....but she didnt change things and left the court quick.

miriam is in much worse shape than last year. posibly worst shape ive ever seen a tennis player, and its a shame cos her game is awesome. she nailed two consecutive winners in the last game and her pace, and angles are great! her opponent vinci had a nice game to watch too esp that one handed bh but she was outhit.

last match i saw was jankovic vs horiatopolous. i have to say the match was the lowest standard of the day firstly. but both players have alot of talent. christina's backhand is awesome!! its a one hander and she can hit brilliant topspin shots, esp passing shots with it and her slice is very effective for getting to the net!! the problem was she made many errors on her volleys and it was nerves...she actually volleyed a forehand in to the backfence on one point! but she did hit some GREAT volleys and im sure it normally works for her. christinas problem is the fh, thats the side that breaks down and i noticed she cant attack well with it eve n off a short ball she spins it alot with topspin. as for jankovic she was rusty, made errors too but less errors than christina who was definately more nervous...

King Aaron
Jan 9th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the report(s). :D

broncosven
Jan 9th, 2004, 09:30 PM
It was a great day and suck a high standard for quailies . . just a shame that i didnt get the see dubz to play :-(

cant wait til my next shift on sunday to see the womens MD matches . . . . they will be awesome

esdee
Jan 9th, 2004, 11:11 PM
broncoseven,

Do you know why Srebotnik got the code violations?

Thks.

broncosven
Jan 9th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Yes for a swearing/abusive langauge violation

when she was down 2nd set point she came to the net and hit a volley and although i htought it caught the line ( i was on the other side of court) the linesman called it out

she said something like "you gotta be F***** kidding, it was on the F***** line" and continued to thrwo her racquet and storm off court

she was playing good until that point . . it was downhill after that

kyk710
Jan 10th, 2004, 12:56 AM
lol Srebotnik!!! :haha:

komwalkmas
Jan 10th, 2004, 01:04 AM
well srebotnik was goin great guns and hitting winners and forcing errors until the end of 2nd set where it all went wrong . . she got code violations and never recovered to lose in the 3rd
katarina :(