PDA

View Full Version : Who's playing/Injuries etc....

Sam L
Jan 9th, 2004, 05:28 AM
Hmm... So let me get this, the top 4 seeds are Clijsters/Henin/Mauresmo and Davenport. So the semis could be:

Clijsters vs. Mauresmo
Clijsters vs. Davenport
Henin vs. Mauresmo
Henin vs. Davenport

All are probably decent matchups. But Clijsters' health is ????

The reason why I ask is I have tickets to one of the women's semi-finals on a friday night. I've been to this same session in the last 3 years and let me tell you what happened.

2001: Mauresmo/Davenport were scheduled to play. Mauresmo had to withdraw due to injury and never made it onto the court.

2002: S.Williams/Shaughnessy were schedule to play. They did play but S.Williams rolled her ankle at 4-5? and you all know the rest.

2003: Clijsters/Henin were scheduled to play. Well at least the match went ahead. It was a one-sided match and there were rain delays but it was completed match. :bounce:

So yeah, there's bad history for this night. *Knock on wood* Everyone's fine and make it through. What's the news on Kim?

The match I'd most prefer is Davenport / Henin-Hardenne. I don't trust Mauresmo, she might just blow the match away and lose like 1-6 2-6.

Hmmm..

tommystar
Jan 9th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Poo you. And did you get back the money in 2001? Or there were men's matches(es) or doubles instead??