PDA

View Full Version : Alicia Molik has withdrawn!!! will they give her Wildcard to another Aussie now?

AUSBOY
Jan 9th, 2004, 04:29 AM
Alicia has withdrawn from Sydney, she returned to Melbourne last night.

Will they now give her Wildcard to another Aussie?

Not many to chose from hehe

Cupac promoted to main draw get someone else in qualies?

or give Baker, Watson, Dittmann, Kriz, or Welford a run?

Or does a LL get the place?

Clijsters has withdrawn too

~|Naomi|~
Jan 9th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Well she said in her press conference that she doesn't expect to play Sydney, which I think is a very good decision. So I guess we just have to wait and see.

AUSBOY
Jan 9th, 2004, 04:42 AM
I dont think she should play Sydney. But if another Aussie cant take her spot then I want her to play hehe

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 9th, 2004, 09:51 AM
they cant give a WC to a player who's already played qualies or played qualies in another event.
not many left to choose from now.

azza
Jan 9th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Alicia i don't get to see you :crying2:

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 9th, 2004, 11:55 AM
:crying2:

Experimentee
Jan 9th, 2004, 02:18 PM
I've got no idea but I was thinking if she hasnt withdrawn yet, they wont have time to give it to anyone else, so they'd just replace her with a LL.

broncosven
Jan 9th, 2004, 09:28 PM
DAM I WONT GET TO MEET HER !!!

Its a definite shame that Alicia has withdrawn and am unsure whether another WC can be given or LL

but the only aussie who has a chance is Evie . . giving another aussie a WC would be like sending a sheep to the slaughter . . well Evie to i spose . . . .

Trent
Jan 9th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Apparantly she may actually be missing the entire Aussie summer, since she is determined to let it completly heal before playing again.

AUSBOY
Jan 10th, 2004, 04:21 AM
Anyone know whether a WC can be changed after qualifying has started???

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 10th, 2004, 09:42 AM
AUSBOY, what are you asking ?? if a player who got a WC for qualies cam be put into maindraw ???
YES its possible but ONLY if they haven't played.

azza
Jan 10th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Cindy watson got the WC.....