PDA

View Full Version : Get Well Soon Jelena - Out for 2 weeks!

jd4eva
Feb 14th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Get well soon dear Jeca!

You should have taken the week off, even though you felt 70% on Wednesday!

It's so sad to see her cry from the pain in a match like this. When everything's starting to come together for her! Although I'm still pleased with the way Jelena's serving.

Now, take a good rest Jelena and come back ready for the next tournament. Hopefully you can keep going.

This is Jelena's first "major" injury, never has she had to miss more than a week due to injury. A blow for her fans, come back soon Jelena! You can do it!

Have any fans uin Belgium got a report on the way Jelena was playing, her serve, her injury?

http://jellyworld.freewebspace.com/proximus2002/pdg3.jpg

Jelena Dokic cries in pain as she receives treatment for her injury against Patty Schnyder

http://jellyworld.freewebspace.com/proximus2002/pdg2.jpg

Jelena Dokic cries in pain as she prepares to leave the court

Philip
Feb 14th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Aww, thats a heart breaking photo :sad:

Get well soon Jelena!

jd4eva
Feb 14th, 2002, 08:19 PM
I know Phil, I'm so devastated.

I'm so sad for her, being reduced to tears on court twice in 2 weeks, and one of them was from unbearable pain.

She will be back for Indian Wells.

Jelena :sad:

Monica_Rules
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:37 PM
Oh how sad is it to see her cry?:sad:

When she come back she'll be down to 7 maybe lower!:eek: and i think it'll take her a long time to get back to be playing really well again!

Infiniti2001
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:46 PM
This is just too bad :( She 's on her way up the rankings... Hopefully this injury is not one that will keep her away for too long.....

Jeff
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:49 PM
OMG:sad: Poor Jele! I really was worried about her taking the risk to play this week. The fact that she even attempted to play shows what a fighter she is. Those pics are very heartbreaking, indeed. I just hope the injury is not too severe, and hopefully she's not in too much pain.

Get Well Soon, Jelena!

auntie janie
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:51 PM
Awww! Poor kid! :sad: :sad: :sad:

You can't hurry these things Jelena! But take heart -- you will be right as rain very soon. :D :D :D

Martian Martin
Feb 14th, 2002, 10:33 PM
Get well soon Jelena, hope to see you back very soon :)

These pics though are heartbreaking :sad:

TeNnIsFaN
Feb 14th, 2002, 11:23 PM
Is Jelena still going to the Memphis tournament next week?

rated_next
Feb 14th, 2002, 11:42 PM
Hopefully she'll be ready for Indian Wells.

irma
Feb 14th, 2002, 11:43 PM
get well soon Jelena!

Josh
Feb 15th, 2002, 12:16 AM
ILUVJELENA, she was serving very well in the first set but you could see that she wasn't moving as well. Patty saw that and made her run a lot with those heavy topspin balls. As the match went on it became clear that she was really hampered by the injury. She ran down less and less balls and Patty hit a lot of dropshots to which she didn't even run.

Hope she recovers in time for IW and Miami.

joao
Feb 15th, 2002, 04:11 AM
Well looks like Memphis lost its only top10 player!!!!!! this tournament becomes wide open for a top20 player......maybe Farina Elia will win her first title of the year there!!!!!!

Jordan.
Feb 15th, 2002, 04:15 AM
Aaaaaaawwwwww!Poor thing!Its ok Jelena!Your good enough to win another tourney!I miss you!:sad:

SM
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:19 AM
hope she comes bakc at I.W fully rejuvenated and ready to kick arse !:sad: :fiery: :sad:

Raisin
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:27 AM
Get well soon Yelena

King Aaron
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:51 AM
GEt Well soon Jela Come back n show them ur Real Prowess:bounce: :hearts: :wavey: :wavey:

Adrian
Feb 15th, 2002, 10:07 AM
All the tears won't change the fact she should never of played here and robbed another player of a chance to play.

That said, I hope her injury is only minor.

Althea
Feb 15th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Best wishes for a speedy recover Jelena :)
Just had a feeling from the start that she had returned to soon..

jd4eva
Feb 15th, 2002, 11:20 AM
http://jellyworld.freewebspace.com/proximus2002/BeautyAndTheBeast.jpg

The week started on a happy note for Jelena. She is stunning

Justinator
Feb 16th, 2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by ILUVJELENA

Have any fans uin Belgium got a report on the way Jelena was playing, her serve, her injury?

I was at the match, Jelena started very well, it didn't seem like she was bothered. But Patty made her run a lot, and in the second set you could see Jelena was not moving that well anymore. Patty said after the match she also felt Jelena didn't move that well. It was sad to see her retire and leave the court in tears.
She was serving well, not that hard though, somewhere around 155 km/h, but good placement. Good first service %