PDA

View Full Version : True Venus Williams Fans: Serious Discussion!!!!

Foot_Fault
Jan 7th, 2004, 06:06 PM
OK, I created this thread for the "TRUE" VENUS WILLIAMS fans, so we can talk about some things. I have some questions maybe you guys have some insight and vice versa.

My Venus, YES!! My Venus (lol), is No. 11 in the world....far off from reaching a top 5 spot at the moment, but not really having alot to defend this year. With her calibur of tenacity and if she really grit into tennis like she did 2001 and 2002 season, she could end the year close to the Top if not the Top Spot, but not sure. My Statisticians out there Help me out.

We will get a feel for how Miss Williams is performing this week, against Chanda and possibly one of the Talented Russians, which will give us a gage. We all know with each round (talking Oz Open now) Venus' level of intensity rises, but being that she hasn't played much, that mental level will have to be there 7 rounds, if we're to come away as the Champ. Which is do'able being she is who she is.

My question is exactly, if Venus plays what she normally plays....fairing her usual results, Being the TOP or near the top would be in her Grasp...being that she will only be ADDING points this year, what is that possibility...

Lets look at her USUAL Tournies....

Oz
Dubia(sp)
Antwerp
Miami (late march, April)
Amelia Island
one Red tune up(don't know which one)
French Open
Wimbledon
Stanford
San Diego (Acura)
Pilot Pen
US Open

That is 12, Her Fall tournies haven't been to consistent to name any....did I miss any?

Venus will only be defending MAJOR points at Oz, Antwerp, Hamburg(FR), Wimbledon.......she has a good chance to add hundreds of points and Bonus Points!!!

I may be a lil off course...but Are the TRUE VENUS WILLIAMS FANS excited about her Possiblities in 2004??

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 7th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Yes I am...Let's all just pray the the QUEEN stays healthy...:angel:

Footie...HOLLA

Rocketta
Jan 7th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Yes, I'm excited for Venus year 2004.

I don't know why this thread was moved? :confused:

I never go into players forums so now you have to discuss players only in the player's forums? :confused:

Rocketta
or was it cause you only wanted Venus fans to respond?

Foot_Fault
I don't know why it was moved as well? Hateration? Alot of that going around.

Mrs. Peel
Jan 7th, 2004, 06:26 PM
I am very excited for Venus this year as well!! I hope she has a year like 2000...even BETTER! :wavey:

Foot_Fault
Jan 7th, 2004, 06:26 PM
I never go into Player Threads, only Gen Messages....so i guess i wont get the response i was looking for....this really Detracts me for Starting threads...u know.

DUNEMAN
Jan 7th, 2004, 06:46 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Not a statistician or Mathematician, Just a 24/7 Venusian
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: vee :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Does it matter where they move us, we won't go away

Rocketta
Jan 7th, 2004, 07:05 PM
I never go into Player Threads, only Gen Messages....so i guess i wont get the response i was looking for....this really Detracts me for Starting threads...u know.

Well I don't either but I guess it gives us a reason now...;)

Why don't you subscribe to this thread that way when someone responds you will know if you look in your user cp?

I think because you closed the discussion to just Venus fans and that in GM everyone can respond (negatively if they want to) but in the players forums that is not allowed. Maybe??

moon
Jan 7th, 2004, 07:43 PM
I have a feeling that 2004 will be a big year for Venus :)

servenrichie
Jan 7th, 2004, 08:00 PM
I have a feeling that 2004 will be a big year for Venus :)
Ditto! Letīs keep our fingers crossed that she stays healthy.
I am just a bit sad, that tendonitis crops up with her when she hasnt played for a while :sad:

Foot_Fault
Jan 7th, 2004, 08:12 PM
I was happy to hear the talk she was saying, it's going to an Awsome year for her!

tennisIlove09
Jan 7th, 2004, 08:34 PM
I love Venus. I hope she's healthy and 100% motivated this season.

The Golden Slam awaits her.

KICK ASS VENUS~!

Pureracket
Jan 7th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Well, it looks like things are happening for Venus (even if this is nothing that she would want). Top players, Kim, Serena, and JenCap will be coming into the tourney without practise, and Venus seems to do very well against LD and JHH. If Venus can pace herself in this tourney, get the championship points for winning it, I expect her to be #1 again.

Chance
Jan 8th, 2004, 12:00 PM
All I really want is to see Venus in action. I'm not going to get too emtional like last year, I'm just taking it match by match... whatever happens happens I think it *might* take a lil while for Venus to get back in form. The WWC will be good be match practice for her.

FIRST PICS OF VENUS IN 2004

http://www.watsonswaterchallenge.com/images/wednesday/wed6.jpg

http://www.watsonswaterchallenge.com/images/wednesday/wed5.jpg
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

tennisIlove09
Jan 8th, 2004, 10:20 PM
I have no doubt that Venus will end the year #1, with 4 more Grand Slam titles and an Olympic Gold medal!

VAMOS VENUS!

And she looks amazing!

Susie
Jan 8th, 2004, 10:21 PM
I may be a lil off course...but Are the TRUE VENUS WILLIAMS FANS excited about her Possiblities in 2004??
I'm not only excited about her possibilities in 2004, i'm always excited, here's to a great 2004 and beyond!!! Go Vee, we love u!

Vee belongs at the top and that's where she's gonna be! :)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: GOOD LUCK VEE!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Veronique
Jan 8th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Any news about the Hongkong exo? I read an article stating that she's already in Hongkong. She supposedly also assured people that Serena will be in Melbourne.

All I'm hoping at this point is to see her healthy and playing. The rest will take care of itself.

tennisIlove09
Jan 9th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Any news about the Hongkong exo? I read an article stating that she's already in Hongkong. She supposedly also assured people that Serena will be in Melbourne.

All I'm hoping at this point is to see her healthy and playing. The rest will take care of itself.
She plays Chanda later this morning!

Venus Forever
Jan 9th, 2004, 08:00 AM
WoW, haven't been in this forum in a long time.

Welcome back Queen Vee, Kick some ASS!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

power26
Feb 7th, 2004, 11:26 AM
I just hope that she wins the next three GS of 2004. I WOULD LOVE FOR HER TO WAVE AS IF TELLING THE WORLD THAT SHE'S THE REAL QUEEN OF TENNIS!!!!!

tennisIlove09
Feb 7th, 2004, 09:26 PM
:sad: she needs to be healthy

Couver
Feb 8th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Yes I think the main thing Venus needs is her health. Sadly Tokyo was a set back. But what can she do? She has to take care of her body first and worry about tournaments and titles later. There's no point in playing and loosing, and then when she retires not being able to move.

I'm hoping that with a little rest Venus can make some noise during the clay court season and the grass season. Those surfaces are less testing on the body.

Get well soon Venus!

Kabezya
Apr 1st, 2004, 02:40 AM
Venus needs to be healthy, but also healthy in spirit I believe. She'll get everything she needs soon enough. I believe she's on the right track, but that they just aren't in the order she needs them to be.

She'll be back at the top!

Dymension
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:37 PM
Vee what happened in Miami? :sad: :bigcry:

But at least she back on court, and 90% healthy ;) :bounce:

Kabezya
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:36 PM
A minor setback and one she can and will learn from so she can progress and go even further. She'll get to where she needs to go - she's a champion and had to work to become one, she knows how it's done :)

tennisIlove09
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:39 PM
:sad: :sad: I'm at my bottom's end. I don't know how many more devastating losses I can bare. :sad: :sad:

I hope she's back in Charleston.

moon
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:29 PM
I think Vee is still getting herself together physically, and emotionally. She is going through a rough time right now, but I'm thinking that she gets a little bit better with each tourney. Its not all gravy right now, but just think of how satisfying it will all be win she wins her next big tourney, for her and for us!

She is fighting her way back to the top, and I have no doubt that she will get there. Just keep the faith. :wavey:

Kabibi
Apr 5th, 2004, 02:25 AM
I do think Venus is getting things together where they need to go. It has to be even harder for Venus to player and individual not to be able to win like she has in the past as it's hard for her fans to witness a truly great player struggle to get into that champion form.

It will take time, practice and Venus will get into mental shape and she'll be one to reckon with soon. This season is not anywhere near over!

GaDu
Apr 5th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Venus fans, just be patient. She is showing us glimpses of what the future will hold. When she gets everthing working together, Watch Out!

joao
Apr 6th, 2004, 03:49 AM
Well as a fan, I obviously was hoping to see Venus doing a "Serena comeback" ... and win her 1st tournament when she came back. But it wasn't meant to be ...

I'm now hoping that she progresses with every tourney she plays. So far, she has reached the QF of her last 3 tournaments ... and in Miami she finally won 3 matches in a row, without further injury. So, as she says, her game is going "up and up" ...

Once she gets her confidence back and her consistency, everything will come back to normal!

GO VENUS! WIN CHARLESTON! :)

Kabibi
Apr 7th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Once she gets her confidence back and her consistency, everything will come back to normal!

GO VENUS! WIN CHARLESTON! :)

I agree :)

geoepee
Apr 12th, 2004, 12:45 AM
I think playing on clay will help Venus with her consistency.

GO VENUS!

DeDe4925
Apr 19th, 2004, 07:19 AM
You did it Vee, you did it.

joao
Apr 19th, 2004, 06:44 PM
After all, it seems like clay was a good transition for Venus ... Next one: Warsaw!!!

GO VENUS!!!!

WilliamzX2
Apr 19th, 2004, 08:15 PM
VENUS you are a GODDESS!! if you were me yesterday, I could'nt have been happier!! so glad to see you back playing like I know you can.....it's onward and upward from here!!!

darrinbaker00
Apr 20th, 2004, 12:19 AM
Venus will be on "Sesame Street" tomorrow:
http://www.venuswilliams.com/news/fullstory.sps?inewsid=57869

Thanks for helping her with her serve, Elmo. ;)

thance18
Apr 22nd, 2004, 03:24 AM
hi venus

i am ann from jamaica and i have been you watch your step playing tennis and wish you all the best for 2004

one love
ann

thance18
Apr 22nd, 2004, 03:30 AM
hey venus big up all the time yeh

no problem
ava