PDA

View Full Version : Pratt hoping for more Extreme weather conditions!!

AUSBOY
Jan 6th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Australia's Nicole Pratt used a home-court advantage of sorts to overcome Russian teenager Lina Krasnoroutskaya, 6-7 (6-8), 6-1, 7-5.

Pratt managed the testing conditions more effectively than the No.28 ranked Krasnoroutskaya to seal her first victory for the 2004 season.

"I knew it was going to be a tough match from the very beginning," said Pratt, who was against have a regulation 10 minute heat break after the second set.

"That's why we train - for days like today when fitness is such a factor."

Pratt has been training in Queensland for the past seven weeks and believes she has a big advantage over those from colder climes. "Nothing really prepares you for the humidity unless you are here in Queensland.

"Nothing really prepares you for the humidity unless you are here in Queensland," Pratt said. "The mentality to fight it out in those conditions was there for me. I knew she was struggling in the second set. She pretty much didn't fight."

Fighting is Pratt's trademark, and she is primed to take on No.2 seed Nadia Petrova in tomorrow's second round.

"I know that once I get a match under my belt, in the second match I play so much better. I put in a huge pre-season, so backing up the following day shouldn't be a problem.

Pratt is hoping for more extreme conditions in her second-round match.

"The hotter the better," Pratt said. "Nadia hasn't played and she doesn't know what it feels like."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Typical Pratty, love her fighting spirit, she will use any advantage she can take!

Lets hope its 40 degrees, hurricane winds and high humidity!! Oh yeah and scrap the 10min break after the 2nd set! LOL :D :lol: :lol:

AUSBOY
Jan 7th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Good to see tournament director giving Nicole what she wants. Thats is a mid afternoon start when the temperature is at its highest!

Pity Schnyder withdrew. Probably means Nicole will get on the court about 2pm instead of 3.30pm!

PointBlank
Jan 7th, 2004, 01:02 AM
Seems like Ms.Britian(you wont get it unless you have been to Top 30 pics. in G.M.) wants to die of heat stroke :sad:

Advantage
Jan 7th, 2004, 01:19 AM
The weather won't help Pratt. She's gonna bounce like a rubber ball off yesterday's match.

Petrova wins easily.

komwalkmas
Jan 7th, 2004, 02:45 AM
i didnt want pratt to beat lina but i want her to beat nadia :D

Experimentee
Jan 7th, 2004, 11:52 AM
The heat obviously didnt help Pratt!

ozfan44
Jan 7th, 2004, 01:27 PM
obviously not

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 7th, 2004, 01:39 PM
she just beat Lina who's just got back into training about 2 weeks ago after shoulder probs.
Nadya took care of her though :D