PDA

View Full Version : Dream draw for ASB Classic

Alek
Jan 2nd, 2004, 10:53 PM
A dream draw for ASB Classic organisers- the two kiwis Shelley Stephens and Eden Marama will be playing each other

3 January 2004

A dramatic draw for the ASB tennis Classic.

It is the dream draw the organisers probably wanted.

The two New Zealanders Shelley Stephens and Eden Marama are pitted together, playing each other in the first round, which means one kiwi will progress through to the second round.

The top seed Paola Suarez has drawn a qualifier, while second seed Anna Smashnova-Pistolesi plays Ukraine Julia Vakulenko.

And the defending champion Eleni Daniilidou will take on Croatian Jelena Kostanic.

The main draw gets underway on Monday at the Tennis Lane in Auckland.

ghosts
Jan 2nd, 2004, 10:58 PM
WTA still haven't heard of that obviously :rolleyes: :lol:

from the match-ups we know
good luck Jelena and Julia ;)

oren987
Jan 2nd, 2004, 11:13 PM
Anna vs Julia :rolleyes: , Well I was hoping for a better draw for Anna then that, But I'm sure she could win this one.

Does anyone know when the full draw will be out?

polishprodigy
Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:17 AM
Eden! :D What an easy draw (or so I hope)....

I predict Marama will win 6-2 6-1 and make a laughing stock out of Stephens and prove that Gers was more deserving of the main draw wildcard. :)

croat123
Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:39 AM
tought draw for jelena, but she can beat eleni if she plays well!

aceman
Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:47 AM
Anna vs Julia :rolleyes: , Well I was hoping for a better draw for Anna then that, But I'm sure she could win this one.

Does anyone know when the full draw will be out?

I'm supposed to receive complete draw and qualifying first round results very late tonight. I will try to stay up late enough to post everything