PDA

View Full Version : A few notes about the upcoming season

DoctorG
Jan 2nd, 2004, 12:24 PM
SINGLES
Only 34 put of 66 posters signed up again for the 2004 season. With 8 new entrants, we're up to 42 players. We won't need a qualifying round for the first leg, and there will be a bunch of first round byes.

DOUBLES
Entry list is now up to 15, exactly as many as in the past season, but with a few new faces and partner swaps. Remember the scoring system has changed, and the ranking may vary a little bit after the 2003 performance points will divided by 2.

FED CUP
7 teams have been accepted. Poland, France and Australia need at least one more member or I will be obliged to cancel them.

OLYMPICS
The draw size will be smaller than I expected. The tournament will start only in the 2nd leg, the deadline will be officially postponed.

Thank you, good luck! :yeah:

DoctorG
Jan 2nd, 2004, 07:55 PM
The Polish team for the 2004 Fed Cup has now two members, so we're up to 8 teams. :)

In the doubles we've filled a draw of 16. :)

Rocketta
Jan 9th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Cool!!! I think a lot of people are not back in the swing of things yet. :)

Thanks Doc! :wavey:

DoctorG
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:58 AM
Cool!!! I think a lot of people are not back in the swing of things yet. :)

Thanks Doc! :wavey:
I think the entry lists are pretty definitive. :) In mid-December I sent a PM to all the posters who hadn't confirmed their commitment. A bunch of them replied and/or signed up after that; a few others haven't opened it yet, so I guess they left the board. Mostly, people opened it and didn't make anything, so I guess thay aren't interested in the game anymore. Despite 9 new entrants, we're down to 43 from 66. But we have one more doubles pair and one more Fed Cup team. And we'll have twice as fun! ;)