PDA

View Full Version : Jaslyn - no wildcard for any qually event??

~|Naomi|~
Dec 29th, 2003, 05:44 AM
Am I correct in that Jaslyn has not received a WC for any quallifying draw to any of the events over the summer? I know she didn't get on e for Hobart, Canberra or Gold Coast.
Now I am sorry but I don't really see what Szilli, Cheung, Wellford, D Dominikovic or Tanevska have done that makes them more deserving than Jaslyn.

Any thoughts??

Mateo Mathieu
Dec 29th, 2003, 06:53 AM
Jaslyn Hewitt is a horrible player ever I seen when I saw her against Amanda Coetzer with 0-6 1-6! :o

aussie_stars
Dec 29th, 2003, 07:36 AM
That was one match against a very good player, that doesnt make her a horrible player! She has shown some good improvement i thought in the latter part of this year. I would have thought she deserved some kind of qualy wildcard.

aussie_stars
Dec 29th, 2003, 07:39 AM
Having said that, i guess lots of players could argue their case for getting a wildcard, and there are only so many to go around.

Szili seems to be very popular with Tennis Australia though.

ozfan44
Dec 29th, 2003, 07:45 AM
hewitt hopefully will get one for sydney i dont see anyone better t get one im prediciting she musgrave stewart and cupac will all get one

SpikeyAidanm
Dec 29th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Someone like Szilli is popular cos she looks like the perfect athlete, she has the shots, the looks etc...

Her career will be either make or break, yet it is about time that some of the hardworkers (ie Breadmore), get a chance to get WC's.

AUSBOY
Dec 29th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Jaslyn Hewitt always plays Sydney! She will have a qualifying wildcard for sure!

Same with Musgrave, she will play Sydney too.

Cupac is confirmed, so the 4th wildcard is a mystery but probably Bryanne Stewart!

SpikeyAidanm
Dec 29th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Stewart has a habit of playing Canberra but we'll see

~|Naomi|~
Dec 29th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Jaslyn Hewitt is a horrible player ever I seen when I saw her against Amanda Coetzer with 0-6 1-6!

Well I saw Ferguson lose 1-6 0-6 to Lina this year, so does that qualify her as a horrible player in your book to? I suppose it would have to consistency wise.

Jaslyn has been working hard on her game and has had a torrid run with injuries yet has stuck with it, and I think that in itself makes her deserving of some kind of qualifying wild card.

broncosven
Dec 29th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Jaslyn has improved heaps since that and its unfiar to catergorize her play (rank 500 or so then) against Amanda Coezter (top 30)

i think it would be better for her to play in Can or Hob but atleast she would be getting a good hit out and show a good performance with such a high class field

ozfan44
Dec 30th, 2003, 10:40 AM
well jaslyn got a qualies wildcard just as i thought she would but not one for musgrave pfff horiatopoulos cupac and stewart also got one

Aussie_Kim
Jan 3rd, 2004, 02:23 PM
I also think Canberra, Hobart would have been a better level of play for her but I'm pleased none the less that she has the opportunity to play. Hope she gets a good draw and can make it to main draw. Wouldn't expect her to go a great deal further though. There is an EXCELLENT field at the adidas.

crazillo
Jan 3rd, 2004, 02:58 PM
i think itīs not good for jaslynn, she will get a dissapointment bc she cannot beat or even challenge anyone there. canberra would be a different thing.

ozfan44
Jan 5th, 2004, 02:30 PM
maybee she could get horiatopoulos in first rnd

anthonyqld
Jan 13th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Jaslyn is a very ordinary player.

TS
Jan 13th, 2004, 08:55 AM
maybee she could get horiatopoulos in first rnd

A fully fit and match tough Christina could easily dispose of Jaslyn...I wouldnt pay much attention to the last time they met.

Anyway, Jaslyn has gotten a qualifying WC into OZ Open.