PDA

View Full Version : Wildcards confirmed!

Mateo Mathieu
Dec 28th, 2003, 09:48 AM
Dr. Janet Young emailed me today and I know why azza posted were mistaken about Canberra wildcards. It was actually Gold Coast wildcards! :p

If you don't saw a thread in Canberra then I'll tell you again:

Maindraw:

Samantha Stosur
Casey Dellacqua

Qualifying:

Tiffany Welford
Christina Horiontopolis
Nicole Kriz
Sophie Ferguson

AUSBOY
Dec 28th, 2003, 11:48 AM
Im quite happy with these choices. Great to see Kriz confirmed!

Pratt has obviously slipped into the main draw directly! She was one place out. Hopefully Evie and Wheeler should have direct entry to qualifying.

I guess there is still the possibility of another main draw wildcard to distribute if its not taken. Would be good if Musgrave got it!

I think she deserves it. I think she's be a bit hard done by not receiving anything so far!

samhatz
Dec 28th, 2003, 12:08 PM
YAYA! I"m so glad to see Horiatopolis with a WC into qualies. Let's hope she can win a round and climb the rankings and gain the valued experience she needs!

Let's hope Evie and Christina Wheeler are in qualies!

AaronJoyB
Dec 28th, 2003, 01:54 PM
Tiffany :)

Vut
Dec 28th, 2003, 02:17 PM
:D Stosur

ozfan44
Dec 29th, 2003, 03:55 AM
Pretty good choices for Wildcards
great to see my fave casey get a wildcard for the main draw yessss
although i wasnt expecting her to get though wheeler might have got it seeing as though she beat casey at the aussie open wc play-off but who cares gooooooooooo casey!!! :) :D :kiss: :drool:

Can somebody please clarify the rules if a gold/silver exempt wildcard is not filled as i thought that if i gold silver exempt player didnt use the wildcard the that position went to the player on the next-in list, so thats how i think nicole pratt has sneaked into the main draw direct. :confused:

Only one wildcard decision that i question is horiatopoulos over the likes of adamczak, musgrave or even breadmore. im sorry christina but trudi especially deserved that wildcard way more than you did. But i guess tennis australia is pissed at trudi coz she already got a ao md wildcard so they cant waste that on the likes of szili etc ;)

Evie has gained direct entry to qualies with her ranking but i doubt christina is going to be able to make it but im hoping.

SpikeyAidanm
Dec 29th, 2003, 07:53 AM
Go Dellacqua and Stosur :banana:

King Aaron
Dec 30th, 2003, 07:31 AM
I'm starting to like Casey so good luck Casey! ;)

ozfan44
Dec 30th, 2003, 09:18 AM
Casey has always been good you fool goooooooooo casey

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 1st, 2004, 05:48 AM
Pfff no Gaby :sad: She's going to lose alot of points.