PDA

View Full Version : Twins in the tour?

MS
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:39 PM
Hi,

I have a twin sister, and I've just thought of a curious question. Let's see if someone can answer it.

I know there are twin brothers in the tour (Bryan twins, the Spaniards Fernando and JM Vicente...), but what about the girls? Are there twin sisters in the tour (that both play or one doesn't play tennis)? I know there are two young Spaniards that are twins, but no idea in the professional tour.

Thanks!

Sorry if someone has already asked this before!

Frau Antje
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:50 PM
hey, I didn't know you have a twinsister ... ;)

Jakeev
Feb 13th, 2002, 10:29 PM
Well in the past there were the Whitlinger sisters with Tami being the one who had moderate success.

There were also the O'Reilly triplets. Sadly, one of the O'Reilly girls was killed in an auto accident several years ago. They all played sporadic pro matches but never made a dent on tour.

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 14th, 2002, 04:20 AM
Vesenjak (Masa/Urska)
Klemenschitz (Sandra/Daniella)
Thompson (Catrina/Christian)
Krauth (Vanessa/Erica)
Harris (Tumeka/Briana)

some others as well

MS
Feb 14th, 2002, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the answers! I don't know any of them, lol!

Yes, Sandra, I have a twin sister, but none of us plays tennis ;)

propi
Feb 14th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Maria Pilar y Maria Jose Sanchez Alayeto, they are Spanish and are training in CAR in Barcelona with Marta Fraga, if you don't know them do not worry, just waut and see!!!

Brian Stewart
Feb 14th, 2002, 03:26 PM
Rachel and Rebecca Jensen are twins (and sisters to Luke and Murphy).

I'm not sure if Laurie and Robin Tenney were twins or not.

MS
Feb 14th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Yes, propi, I had heard of them, that's why I said I knew there were two young Spaniards that are twins ;)

Zummi
Feb 16th, 2002, 05:39 AM
Anna Maria Fernandez (ranked in top 20 in 1979) and her twin sister Lucia both played on the tour. Their older sisters, Cecilia & Elisa, were also twins and played tennis but I don't believe they had professional careers. That was just Anna Maria & Lucia, and Anna Maria was easily the most successful. They were childhood friends of Tracy Austin's.

Jakeev
Feb 16th, 2002, 05:49 AM
Cecilia Fernandez did have a brief pro career and I don't think Anna Lucia did Zummi. Cecilia eventually became a tennis coach for a SoCalif Community College but just can think of which one it was at the moment.

Sonf@
Jan 8th, 2003, 10:39 PM
Ainhoa and Yaiza Goņi

jrm
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:50 PM
katie/kirsten schlukebir
anca/adriana barna
adriana/antonella serra zanetti
myriam/manuela casanova

Colin B
Jan 9th, 2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by jrm
katie/kirsten schlukebir
anca/adriana barna
adriana/antonella serra zanetti
myriam/manuela casanova

...........none of whom (unless I'm very much mistaken) are twins!

Jakeev
Jan 9th, 2003, 08:32 AM
Well there is not Manuela Casenova anyway. What about the Uberoi or Harris sisters? Are they twins?