PDA

View Full Version : An excellent website on Maria Kirilenko.

the cat
Dec 27th, 2003, 06:37 PM
This fine website is located at www.mariakirilenko.com. This is the first informative website I've seen about Masha Kirilenko. :) It looks like IMG is starting to market Makiri to the sports world. And that's good. I expect Maria to make the top 50 in 2004.

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2003, 06:43 PM
There's a great picture of Maria at a computer.
Just use it for school, and don't come here. Russian Roulette will use up all your free time.

the cat
Dec 27th, 2003, 07:02 PM
GL, had you seen this website before?

And Maria's website lists her as weighing 120 pounds. But I don't believe it.

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2003, 07:14 PM
I didn't know Maria had a website. It looks good to me. She might be the prettiest girl on the whole tour. And the lightest.
Udachi Masha!

Vass22
Dec 27th, 2003, 07:17 PM
Boy, is she expecting to become famous! I'd rather see Myskina with an official site though.

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 27th, 2003, 07:20 PM
wow, nice site, :D
Cat, she'll get stronger and bigger :)

the cat
Dec 27th, 2003, 09:32 PM
GL, I think Maria needs to be ready for an increase in her popularity in 2004. :)

Vass22, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Masha has an official website. I think IMG clients have certain advantages where publicity is concerned.

Eggy, I think Maria's official website is outstanding. :D And having 2 huge international companies like Nike and Yonex as it's sponsors is very impressive. :) All I did was type in www.mariakirilenko.com in the adderss bar to see what would happen. I had never done that before. I was very surprised to see her impressive offical website appear. I never even came accross this website when I would type in Maria's name in Google's search engine during the 2003 U.S. Open looking for articles about her. I think IMG is expecting a fine year from Maria in 2004. Thus they will be more active in promoting her in 2004.

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 27th, 2003, 09:41 PM
cat, they happen to be her sponsors so thats kinda obvious ;)

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2003, 09:55 PM
The value of these player websites is a place to find a biography and pictures of that player.
But if fans want to discuss the player's career and tennis game, Russian Roulette is the place to do it.

But Maria at the computer is a great picture. Every player should do a picture like that.

the cat
Dec 27th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Eggy, I know Nike and Yonex are Maria's 2 major sponsors. I'm very suprised Little Masha has an official website before Big Masha does.

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2003, 09:58 PM
Maybe little Masha has more fans.

the cat
Dec 27th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Realistically speaking GL, I don't think so. But I think Maria Kirilenko will become a fan favorite on the WTA Tour. :D She has very endearing qualities that appeal to people. :) And fellow lightweights like yourself GL, will naturally root for Little Masha because she's so slight and she's the underdog in alot of her matches.

One of my favorite photos of Maria is when all time great Chris Evert is monitoring Masha's practice. :D It has to give Makiri alot of confidence to know that Chris Evert is in her corner and willing to help her. :)

Smart
Dec 27th, 2003, 10:18 PM
looks good. Finally a website for Maria. Great.

~SunFlower~
Dec 27th, 2003, 11:45 PM
wow... she is so gorgeous... it's about time she has a website... :) :bounce:

the cat
Dec 28th, 2003, 12:21 AM
Sharky's back! :D :hearts: :kiss: :hug: :smooch:

Maria Kirilenko is a beautiful Bolshoi Ballerina in sneakers! :D From the reports I've read on her she's as quick as a cat! :cat: And she should be as light as she is. I think her tremendous quickness and agility will win Maria alot of matches on the WTA Tour. :)

goldenlox
Dec 28th, 2003, 01:52 AM
Maria's website says she travels with her laptop and enjoys computer games.
If you're reading this Maria, go do your homework. And practice your English.

the cat
Dec 28th, 2003, 02:14 AM
It's appears from her official website that Maria isn't as shy as I thought she was. If she can communicate with the tennis public her popularity will soar! :D

goldenlox
Dec 28th, 2003, 02:16 AM
Why would you think she's shy?
Maria might be another Hingis. Boys, boys, boys. Who knows?

the cat
Dec 28th, 2003, 03:19 AM
From the reports I've read about Maria K. I thought she was low key and shy. And I appreciate those qualities in people because I'm low key and shy, too. Little Masha seems very different than the very outgoing Big Masha. And I must admit I'm surprised to see a photo of Masha K. having fun riding a motorcycle. I hope she's careful riding the motorcycle because one mistake and she could fall off the motorcycle and suffer a career threatening injury. :( It happened to Jay Williams of the Chicago Bulls. And Maria's game is her in her legs with her quickness and speed. She must keep her legs healthy and add some weight and power along the way. I hope she can be a top 20 player someday and have a fine career. There are alot of people counting on her to do well. The pressure is on Little Masha.

Smart
Dec 28th, 2003, 09:36 AM
Btw, there's an email on the site. I think it was masha@kirilenkomaria.com or something. Is it the way to contact her?

King Aaron
Dec 28th, 2003, 05:22 PM
Great website! :D Some of the pictures are really breathtaking! :hearts: Did anyone leave a message in the 'Feedback' page? :confused:

the cat
Dec 28th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Smart, the email is admin@kirilenkomaria.com. Maybe the website's administrator sends Maria the emails for her to read. I think you should send an email to admin@kirilenkomaria.com and see what happens. Maybe you'll get a reply from the administrator. :)

KA, I left a message yesterday in the feedback page. But it hasn't been posted yet.

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2003, 12:48 AM
Maria should do a diary on her website. She should have an interesting year.
All her travels. The different tournaments and functions. Her rise into the tennis elite.

Cassius
Dec 29th, 2003, 12:57 AM
Nice site - she's dead cute:drool:

the cat
Dec 29th, 2003, 01:46 AM
A diary is a good idea, GL. You should be an agsnt in training! :D

Hi Cassius! :wavey: Da, Masha K. is cute. But it's really all about her tennis. If Little Masha can become a factor in women's tennis she will become an exciting player who relies on speed and variety to win her matches instead of a big body and brute power like most of the women. I hope women's tennis gets to the point where they can have some small finesse players become top players the way men's tennis does. That would be great for women's tennis. :D And I hope Maria Kirilenko can be a major part of the lightweight revolution in women's tennis. :)

Udachi Makiri! :bounce:

Smart
Dec 29th, 2003, 04:32 PM
Nice site - she's dead cute:drool:
I have to say, yes, she is very beautiful. At least I like her a lot.

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2003, 09:10 PM
IMG starting a players' website isn't enough.
They need to update it often. Articles, information, pictures, results, everything.
And this is Maria's connection with tennis fans. She should be involved in it in some way.

the cat
Dec 30th, 2003, 12:03 AM
GL, has there ever been such a good website for a player ranked outside #100 and who has only played 1 part time year on the WTA Tour? I don't think so. This website for Maria Kirilenko is very good. :) But I do hope they have regular updates on the website. I think this website for Maria Kirilenko has alot of potential. And being that it's her official website and Nike and Yonex sponsor the website I would expect this to be a very good and informative website. Atleast i hope so.

I posted in the Feedback section 2 days ago but it hasn't been posted yet on the website.

goldenlox
Dec 30th, 2003, 12:11 AM
I don't know how most player's websites look. But if IMG is going to create this website, do it right.
Her career results should be there. And be updated.
The website should be growing, along with Maria's career.

the cat
Dec 30th, 2003, 02:46 AM
GL, maybe you could email the administrator and offer your services to help Maria's website. And you are correct about how Masha's career results should be there.

goldenlox
Dec 30th, 2003, 03:18 AM
Maria should want it to be a good website. If she doesn't, it won't be a good website.

Epigone
Dec 30th, 2003, 04:49 AM
FYI, you can also reach the site by typing www.kirilenkomaria.com :)

I think that having a diary is very important. I like to visit Kim Clijsters' website because her diary is really interesting to read. Maria's website has a lot of good information :yeah:. I only wish that IMG could now spend some time to fix up Daniela Hantuchova's site. It looks really professional, but there is hardly any information on it :sad:.

I hope that I will get to see Maria play in 2004 :bounce: because I've heard a lot of good things about her game.

King Aaron
Dec 30th, 2003, 07:22 AM
KA, I left a message yesterday in the feedback page. But it hasn't been posted yet.

Oh :) and I also read further down they haven't posted your message. I hope that this website is updated frequently and it very well should be. The diary idea is a very good one but it can be a tough thing to do also, every entry must be updated in 3 languages! :eek:

the cat
Dec 30th, 2003, 02:41 PM
GL, I think Maria has other things on her mind besides her official website. Mainly her career. I hope Masha has someone who can update the website for her so she can concentrate on her tennis.

Epigone, I didn't know Dani has an IMG website. And you said it doesn't have much information on it. That's not a good sign for Makiri's website. But maybe Maria will have a website professional do the work for her.

KA, I was wondering why Maria's website is available in 3 languages. I understand why her website needs to be in Russian and English. And since Yonex is a Japanese comany that helps sponsor Maria and her official website I can understand why her website is available in Japanese as well. It makes sense. Masha is probably developing a growing fan base in Japan as well as in Russia and America.

King Aaron
Dec 30th, 2003, 02:50 PM
KA, I was wondering why Maria's website is available in 3 languages. I understand why her website needs to be in Russian and English. And since Yonex is a Japanese comany that helps sponsor Maria and her official website I can understand why her website is available in Japanese as well. It makes sense. Masha is probably developing a growing fan base in Japan as well as in Russia and America.

Well yeah and she did mention that the Japanese treated her very well. :D

goldenlox
Dec 30th, 2003, 04:24 PM
It doesn't take much time to tell her parents and agent that she wants the website updated.
And no matter how busy you are, taking a moment to type out where you went and how you played that week is not a big deal.
Like I said, it's Maria's decision. Does she want a good website or not.

goldenlox
Dec 30th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Maria can find 10 minutes a week to devote to her website - Anna finds time - This was during the Sea Island challenger -

I'm sitting next to her while she surfs the web. She's still got her headphones on, and is singing along. Totally unselfconscious. Having fun.
She logs on to the official Enrique Iglesias Web site.
She's in the community area.
I am spying on Anna surfing the web.
Fifteen minutes later, she's still surfing the web.
There's something comforting about it. Anna surfs the web to kill time. Just like the rest of us. Weird. Until yesterday, as far as I knew, she existed only on the Web. But she's real. And I know this because I see her surfing the Web.

Maria can write a short journal.

Vass22
Dec 30th, 2003, 06:54 PM
Guy you should regret that you don't know Russian. On the site, in the feedback section there are very intersting letters to Maria.

Two are from Stas, who apparently met masha in Odessa (Ukraine). He writes about his hopes that she didn't forget him. He REALLY regrets that he didn't speak with her "that time" and asks her to write to him back. His second letter was the funniest thing on the site: "Masha this is Stas...I'm hopelessly in love with you. I wish you success in life and your career.

Some girl/woman writes: "Masha (but in even more endearing version of it) you are the cutest... "

the cat
Dec 30th, 2003, 07:19 PM
GL, I have to believe Maria wants a good website. I hope she writes a short journal, too. But what about the keyboard wear and tear on her fingers? Tennis players needs well rested fingers to grip their tennis racquets. They don't need to be typing away on a keyboard and wearing out their fingers. Maybe she can have someone do the typing for her.

Thanks for the Feedback translations, Vass22. It sounds like Makiri has some fine fan support. :)

King Aaron
Dec 31st, 2003, 08:06 AM
Looks like Masha has other diehard fans as well ;).

ghosts
Dec 31st, 2003, 08:23 AM
good one :D ;)

the cat
Dec 31st, 2003, 06:37 PM
Maria understands that some of her fans root for her because she's usually the underdog when she plays because she's so much lighter than most of her opponents. Her coach alluded to that in an interview after Maria won the 2002 junior Canadian Open. I think Masha's endearing qualities and solid all court tennis will earn her alot of new fans in 2004. :)

Rising Russina! :D I think Makiri who is currently ranked #122 could make a significant rankings rise in 2004. :) I expect her to finish the year ranked in the top 50.

the cat
Jan 3rd, 2004, 10:18 PM
One of my favorite photos on Maria's official website is the photo of all time great tennis player Chris Evert tutoring Masha. :D Makiri trains part of the year at the IMG Evert Tennis Academy in Florida. And I hope she understands who Chris Evert is and appreciates her advice. She could be a big help to Maria's career. The photo of Chris and Masha is located at http://mariakirilenko.com/big_shots.php?gal=1&pic=12

Sharapova's_Boy
Feb 8th, 2004, 05:09 AM
Very impressive site :D :hearts:

Udachi Masha :banana:

the cat
Feb 8th, 2004, 05:01 PM
I'm glad you like it.

Makiri's website finally posted Smart's and my comments a few weeks after we sent them. But better late than never. :)

Smart
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:56 PM
I'm glad you like it.

Makiri's website finally posted Smart's and my comments a few weeks after we sent them. But better late than never. :)lol, true :)

the cat
Feb 9th, 2004, 06:48 PM
It doesn't appear that Makiri's official website will be regularly updated. :( But I wish they had photos and reports on her matches at every tournament she plays.

Smart
Feb 9th, 2004, 07:29 PM
I think it will be updated more often when she turns 17.

the cat
Feb 9th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Why is that Smart? By the way, Makiri turned 17 on January 25, 2004. ;)

Smart
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:26 PM
oh, I'm sorry not to know her birthday :)

anyway, I thought about the fact that she was going to get the right to play more than 10 tourneys a year.

the cat
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Well it's the second week of February and Little Masha still hasn't played a WTA Tour match this year. :(

Smart
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:40 PM
yep, shame :(

the cat
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Maria is 17 now so she can almost play a full schedule this year. But I hope she gets her year started soon otherwise the weight of the pressure to win will build on Masha's slight shoulders and could cause a regression in her game.

I also thought playing a couple challengers early in the year would be a good idea for Makiri. But it doesn't look like Maria will be playing a challenger anytime soon.

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Masha's due to play Hyderabad soon :)

go Masha :) time to get your year started :)

the cat
Feb 20th, 2004, 03:18 PM
There isn't much happening on Makiri's official website. But there have been a couple of February updates in the news section.

maheshind
Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:10 AM
What does the first message from the Admin on the feedback section mean? :)

goldenlox
Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:12 AM
It just says leave your message. We'll look at it and post it.

maheshind
Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:36 AM
Thanks goldenlox

the cat
Mar 1st, 2004, 09:14 PM
Maria left a message in the feedback section at her official website. :)

goldenlox
Mar 1st, 2004, 09:59 PM
Maria should discuss her tennis when she answers.

the cat
Mar 1st, 2004, 10:04 PM
That would be nice. But it's up to Maria on what she wants to say.

the cat
Jun 15th, 2004, 08:12 PM
It's amazing what one match can do. After Maria played Serena Williams at the 2004 French Open and nearly upset her in the second round her official website's feedback forum has been swamped with well wishes from her fans. :) Well Masha is appealing and she plays a nice all court style of tennis so it's understandable that her popularity is on the rise. :D

gg
Jun 15th, 2004, 10:37 PM
And it encouraged the webmaster to update the news after a long delay :)

the cat
Jun 16th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Yes it did.

Jackson.
Jun 16th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Nice site :) :)

maheshind
Jun 16th, 2004, 12:08 PM
I found Guille's message about profits funny :devil: . Maybe the person was struggling with English :confused:

There were about 40 messages before Maria's match against Serena but after that it must be around 250-300 within 2 weeks :eek: . Mind you a lot of others don't know about the site too as it is not available on search engines.

the cat
Jun 18th, 2004, 03:00 AM
I hope Maria can handle her tremendous increase in popularity and enjoys it for what it's worth. :)

XXXHaRD
Dec 28th, 2004, 10:10 AM
> What does the first message from the Admin on the feedback section mean?
fixed))

Ravsieg
Dec 31st, 2004, 04:44 PM
> What does the first message from the Admin on the feedback section mean?
fixed))

"Leave your message. It will be checked by moderator and published!
PS: Masha's nick is "MARIA KIRILENKO"."

This one? I think it's pretty clear ;)

Thanks for the work on the site, man! :D Only one doubt, why don't you update news more often?

-

By the way people, I've sent her an email during September, it was like 2 pages and I planned it during a nice amount of weeks (5 or 6)... and I never got a reply, actually probably she didn't read it. So not sure if it's a good idea :)