PDA

View Full Version : wHO GETS THIS?

itsallaboutinis
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:30 PM
Anna pulls out of Qatar siting exhaustion, where she would have faced fewer top players thereby possibly getting to the quarters or better...I'm mean at least statistically a better chance of getting a decent draw...only to play the Proximus and pull Venus 2nd round and get drubbed.

I'm sorry but makes no sense to me...shouldn't she be trying to get a better rank to try to avoid the top players early on...go figure:rolleyes:

Jippo McScally
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:33 PM
Yeh, but she could have played Monica in Qatar.

apoet29
I thought I read that the WTA asked her to play in Belgium?!

Bright Red
I think for Anna it's a matter of pride.

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:35 PM
I agree with Bright Red (1st time for every thing) or a matter of endorsement commitments

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:36 PM
Correction, VBN. We've agreed on things before.:rolleyes:

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:38 PM
SSSSSSHHHHHH

harloo
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:48 PM
I think Anna needs to focus a little more, and going to this tournament would of helped her confidence a little. I hope she get's it together and win a tournament, because it would be a shame if one of the most popular players in the world couldn't win a tournament. I think it was a bad decision to withdraw, because she could of least worked on some things that would help her out when playing against the top players. I will even take a Tier III from her, at least she can say she won one.

itsallaboutinis
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:49 PM
You two are cute red and bored:kiss:

Seriously Jippo

Top ten players per event when she pulled the switch...3 proximus... 1 Qatar!

I think maybe Red is correct. It has to feel better to be beaten by a really good player than someone everyone expects you to beat...I think:confused:

itsallaboutinis
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:56 PM
Tier III! I'd be happy with a IV or even a challenger I'm just so tired of the "haven't won a tournament is over God only knows how many tries" thing.

Guys what's the possibility that now that she's gotten stuck with the tag...it's good for her...well sponsors anyway, and I'm not sure who in her camp is concerned about what's really good for Anna... I mean we have all heard that for a celebrity it's good publicity as long as they spell your name correctly, right:confused: