PDA

View Full Version : venus' win over anna

RAA
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:34 PM
congrats to Venus on a great win. I had no doubt she would beat anna in two sets.

Just want to thank whomever it was on that thread (Hail Venus? not sure who) who counseled me to ignore a poster that was trolling for trouble. Usually I ignore those things completely, and I should have this time too.

I want venus to win in Belgium and be HEALTHY!
Ruth in PHilly PA USA

Infiniti2001
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:01 PM
DITTO RAA!! I started following the match at 5-5, but had to run out for a bit. By the time I came back the match was over :( it was no more than 20 minutes heehee. Anyway, I so love that bagel Miss Vee served up today... Hope you guys enjoyed it with cream cheese :)

Carlitos
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:06 PM
Good win for Venus over Anna today!
I hope she continues her winning streak and stays healthy!

GO VENUS!

GogoGirl
Feb 13th, 2002, 10:43 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHEHE,

I am so thrilled about Venus' win - I can hardly stand myself, and it wouldn't have mattered whom she kicked to the curb.

We all know that for the most part it takes Victory Venus several games to get into her groove. There must have been several deuce games initially - but they both held on - until 6/5. I was just so happy to see that Venus held her serve and won her sixth game. I wasn't worried if there was to be a tiebreak - because VV is an excellent tiebreak player. Yet - when I saw that she broke Anna to win the first set 7/5 - I started doing my Indian dance.

Venus was on the war path in the second set. She just refused to let Anna hold her own. That's our girl - VV.

Kudos to Anna for hanging tough in the first set. IMO - Anna does have game and talent - but she just can't seem to take it all the way against some of the top ranked players. But she does have fairly recent wins over - Jen/Martina/Davy.

"YOU'RE THE CREAM OF THE CROP - VENUS" "KEEP ON RISING TO THE TOP" "YOU ARE NUMBER ONE IN MY BOOK - AND SOON YOU WILL BE #1 - IN THE WTA BOOK" "THAT-A-GIRL" "MAINTAIN YOUR FOCUS AND CONCENTRATION"

vishniac
Feb 13th, 2002, 10:52 PM
GO VENUS!

Too bad: Nothing on TV last week for Paris,nothing this week for Antwerp,and I'm sure nothing next week for Dubai!
30 channels,and no Queen to see!!

If someone know about a TV-transmission (european channels),let us know!

Williams Rulez
Feb 14th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Great win Venus!! Congrats!! :bounce: :bounce:

GrandSlammed
Feb 14th, 2002, 10:42 PM
7/5, 6/0...
Way 2 GO VEE... whoopin' up on Anna Kane like you did!!:)

SIX-LOVE!

SIX-ZIP!

SIX-NOTHING!

SIX-ZERO!

SIX-DISSED!