PDA

View Full Version : Whats the reason that so many peoples hate...

JuliaKS
Feb 13th, 2002, 03:30 PM
...Jennifer Capriati?
Reading the threat about like and dislike players,many of you`ve written that they hate Jen!
What`s the reason?She is such a friendly and lovely person and an excellent tennis player.
So whats the reason to hate her?
Well,I accept that some of you don`t like her,thats your thing,but HATE is such a hard word...don`t you think so?

C`mon Jen...you are the best....4-ever!!!!

irma
Feb 13th, 2002, 03:38 PM
she seems so agressive on court when she yells and screams, I don`t like that and I find that annoying but I don`t hate her, I don`t even know her personally!

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 03:42 PM
Her agression on court is a sign (to me at least) of a passion to win, she's not just going to lay down and let the other person win.

But ... I'll guess that it's:
1) She's number 1
2) Her language (people have VERY sheltered lives on this board)
3) and her agressive behaviour

pffff. I think Jen's great!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Tratree
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Seriously, you would think she is the spawn of the devil the way people talk about her around here. Can anyone supply any evidence of Jennifer being anything but nice and friendly off the court??? I know her "aggressive behaivor" supposedly just scares the willies out of people, but the rampant hate is ridiculous. Not to mention hypocritical as the most damaging evidence is usually that she said the "F-word".....<EEK!> on television. Give me a break...like half of you don't have it in your everyday vocabulary and don't occasionally use it when you shouldn't. I don't even curse and it didn't burn my ears. I'm supposing you all stick with Disney movies since your ears are so sensitive cuz I can't seem to find many movies or even cable shows without it strewn about everywhere.

But I digress....Jennifer is always well spoken of by the commentators, her peers and everyone one has been very happy with her success. I mean Pam Shriver rags on her, but she has more than once admitted being teary-eyed at Jen winning. She is friends with MANY players on the tour and generally seems to get along with most players. The top five always has some weirdness between them...even Lindsay and Martina even though they run the "me and you against the Williams" show every once in a while.

So, the task at hand is to show me something off the court that supports the utter hatred of Jennifer raging on this board.

JuliaKS
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:01 PM
So it can`t be just her behaviour on the court.
That`s just human i think!She react like everybody of us would do.So thats not a reason to hate somebody!
I think you are just envious of her success!

Jen is the best!

Mark Spruce
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:19 PM
I like her, she shows passion for the game, wish more players were like that

regards

Mark

Halardfan
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:20 PM
I can barely recall one anit-Jen comment or thread before she made it back to the top of the game, winning GS titles.

Since when there have been loads and loads...

Funny that. :)

Coincidence I expect. ;)

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:22 PM
Try and try as you may to analyze the reasons. Bring forth even your best arguments, and you'll not succeed. No one can debate another person into liking someone, or not hating someone, for that is a matter of the heart and not the mind. End of story.

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:24 PM
I agree. I mean cursing yeah. That is SOOOOO bad. God, I just cannot forgive anyone for cursing. Oh wait, it was on national television (people have said national, but we all know ESPN is cable)

But wait, some 13 year old girl that admires Jennifer might have seen that and now she is ruined for life. Get a grip, people!
As if that girl's parents never use the word. It is insanely silly to crucify Jen for using a curse word.

I wonder if the same people that think Jen is 'disgusting' for cursing walk out of theatres whenever the F word is used gratuitously, or someone yells at someone. I tend to doubt that.

I noticed so many people hate Jen..and of course it is because they are jealous of her success. No one cared about Jen two years ago when she did not better than 4th round or quarters at any significant events.

Hate is a strong word. And for people that hate people they don't know, well, I don't know what to say. I guess there are people I do not like, probably a personality conflict, yet I can't even say that there are people I strongly dislike.

Tratree
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!!! Chris Ba wins the big prize today!!!

Mark43
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:32 PM
I think it is just human nature to want idols to fall. People love the underdog but a consistent winner is another story. I don't know if this board was around pre-Aussie Open 2001, but I bet if it was there was a lot of love for Jen. Once she became a GS winner and had continued success people want to knock her off her pedestal.

I think this would even have happened to a player as loved and respected as Monica Seles had she regained the number ranking in '96 or '97. It would not happen now to Monica if she became #1 because everyone realizes she is at the very end of her career.

People need to criticize and tear a celebrity down. I don't know why. I really LOVE Jen and hope she continues on her winning track. I was 23 when she appeared in 1990 and it just seemed like she was gone so quick, just like Austin and Jaeger. To have her come back a full decade later (and she is still only 26!!) is amazing and wonderful for the sport of tennis.

I hope she takes the Grand Slam this year!!

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:41 PM
Right on, Mark!

Jen's story is remarkable. Jen's story could not have been better written by anyone. And because she made all the choices. She didn't fight poverty or injury, she fought within herself and found all the strength from within to come back. No offense, but I do not think 70% of the people on this earth have the motivation, courage and strength within, the kind of fortitude that Jennifer has shown. Jennifer is a dreamer and a do-er. She surprises everyone with her will to be the best that she can be.

Jen said, "Dreams do come true. Anything can happen if you beleive in yourself" Those words echo around everything Jen has done since Australia 2001. Yet, she is human, too. She still has on court struggles, she can't beat Venus, maybe Venus is a better athlete, but Jen's heart is going to eclipse any power or talent on the other side of the net.

Jen is a very strong person and I think people resent others that are stronger than they themselves are.

HAIL-VENUS
Feb 13th, 2002, 04:44 PM
I don't hate Jen Cap, but I do find myself disliking her attitude a lot. I will never know her personally, but what she's shown me from on court behavior and post match interviews contributes to my negative feelings about her. I'm not fund of the way every little thing annoys her when she's playing a match. She complains about photos, cell phones, baby cries, paper blowing in the wind, and God forbid, line calls are missed; that's when she really turns into a curse monster. She also let's the media pressure her into making silly comments about other players. You can be passionate about the match you're playing without "fuck, fuck this" and "son of a bitch that".

irma
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:06 PM
I think the biggest mistake JC made was to complain about Monica grunt and then having the excuse "I do anything to win"
It was just dumb to start about something an opponent does in all 11 years they played before(they even played doubles) and I never heard her about it. and second Monica is the hero of the tennisworld, if you attack her, then you get ennemies, that`s just a fact.

Adrian
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:21 PM
Oh please, the only real haters of Jen are williams fans....for the same reason they hate Martina and Monica.....all three are more popular, more well liked and more respected.

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:30 PM
irma - the thing is (I think - I'm reaching here) is that Jen has a mental problem when it comes to Monica, probably coming from the 1991 US Open Semi, Monica beats her (sometimes) because of it and so she becomes more irritable.

Mark35 - I'm going to be *really* picky here ahem 25 ahem ;)

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Well it appears lies and hate go hand in hand, Adrian. You are a very irresponsible poster to misinform others. You are simply a bitter liar to say that only the Williams Fans hate Jennifer. You are helping to destroy all of the hard work done by the administrators and honest posters. You should really be ashamed of yourself.

All anyone has to do to see that you are a liar is to go to the "Top Ten Players you Love and Hate". They will see that dislike for Jennifer cut across all fans.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.:eek:

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:54 PM
*bump*

treufreund
Feb 13th, 2002, 05:59 PM
People are using the word HATE way too casually. Hate is what motivated the KKK, the killers of Matthew Shepard, Ossama bin Laden.

I said I dislike Venus and Alexandra and feel that even that word may have been too strong. Maybe I was just lashing out because so many people said they hate Martina and Jennifer and other players too. HATE should not be treated lightly

harloo
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Thanks Bright Red, what you say is the truth. This thread is pretty pointless, because you can't persuade someone to like a certain player. I just feel that Jennifer doesn't really know how to handle being in the top spot, when she wasn't their noone could care less what she had to say. However, since she has reached this new level of success she has really shown how much growing up she needs to do.

The last straw for people was her comments about Monica. The remarks were totally uncalled for, and alot of you will excuse that.
I don't hate Jennifer, hate is too strong of a word however I dislike her attitude and antics on the court. And the reality is that she is the comeback kid so most will excuse her behaviour and that's not fair at all.

We all must realize that our faves are not perfect, and they should be accountable for their own actions on and off the court. And even though we are loyal fans, we can't overlook their faults.
Hopefully, this year Jen will surpass all the pettiness and become the gracious champion that she can be.

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:04 PM
Capriati, the best player in women's tennis!

http://www.koolcelebrities.com/sports/tennis/jennifer/enlarge/2.jpg

Rollo
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Chris Ba still has the best reason she is "hated".
A good% 90 of those who attack Capriati(or Hingis, Seles, Willaims-insert a name) are at heart defending their precious little favorites:)

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by harloo
Hopefully, this year Jen will surpass all the pettiness and become the gracious champion that she can be.

This is my wish, too. I am neutral towards her right now, but I think I could like her if she starts acting better.

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:08 PM
Stick and stones, kids!

We are all guilty of saying things that we might later regret, and we even wind up sticking by our words.

Jennifer, just like you, is human. So if Jennifer complains that someone is loud, or she is being distracted, she has that right. It happens to all of us.

To those people, I suggest that you develop some coping skills.

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Jenny fan - u think if we flood this threads with pictures of Jen, they'll shut up??

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020126/mdf119820.jpg

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:14 PM
I am afraid even pictures won't help.

HAIL-VENUS
You know, I was just thinking that since she's been labeled the "comeback kid", and indeed she is, the behavioral expectations for her has been very low. When she says something harsh, it's basically brushed over by the media, while others can't sneeze without the world trying to behead them. Another reason that I dislike her, and let me say that this is a character flaw on my part because it most certainly isn't Jen's fault, and everyone deserves a second chance, but people forgive her for things so easily while still holding grudges against Venus and Serena for being confident, bold, and cocky, or whatever you want to call it when they first appeared on the tour. I don't think that the things they've said in press conferences compare to Jennifer's former drug use and recent behavior, yet after 7yrs and counting, people still associate them with having a bad attitude.

Oh, yeah, and that "she's only human" thing tends to apply to everyone on the tour eventhough some are treated as if they're not.

Keith
Yup bored! that is what I plan to do!

I like this picture, because you can see that Jen has the eye of the tiger!
http://www.koolcelebrities.com/sports/tennis/jennifer/enlarge/8.jpg

apoet29
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:18 PM
I think Trefreund brings up an interesting point. There is a tendency on messageboards to lash out at those we feel are attacking our favorite players. Therefore, in return, we will attack their favorite players and it all becomes a vicious cycle. By indulging ourselves in this type of attacking, we are really missing the point of writing/posting to this messageboard: to discuss tennis, tennis related issues and what players are playing well and those who aren't. That is what this messageboard, in theory anyway, is suppose to be about.

One of the drawbacks of the internet is that posters remain nameless and faceless. We cannot see, hear or personally confront each other, so it is easy for us to attack each other. Everyone needs to be able to put a face to their attacker, so a person's favorite player often works instead.

There really is no reason to hate any WTA player for any reason. we don't know these people. We don't know what each lady must face or endure every day. I stand by my belief that there is nothing wrong with questioning someone's behavior or attitude. However, when it goes into thread after thread of attacking each other or denigrating a WTA athlete, that is when a line is crossed. Attacking other people for their ideas, attitudes, likes or dislikes is inappropriate and even worse degrading to both people.

I wish I could call a big meeting for everyone on this messageboard to get together and start a constructive dialogue to end all the feuding. Personally, I am very tired of reading threads where people put each other down all the time. The internet is, for most people, one nice place to escape. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all treat each other with some respect?

Keith
Victory can be sweet, too :)

http://capriati.topcities.com/fre01-96.jpg

veryborednow
I like this pic because, oh yeah!! She's Australian Open Champion :D!!!

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020126/mdf119868.jpg

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by HAIL-VENUS
When she says something harsh, it's basically brushed over by the media, while others can't sneeze without the world trying to behead them.

Yes, I've noticed this, too. One can't blame the media for being the source of Jennifer's lack of popularity. That's what amazes me. Jennifer receives wide latitude with the media and she continues to do things that rubs people the wrong way.

Is it because she's been extended this latitude that she behaves that way? I think if she received some negative press focusing on her behavior, then she'll improve. Otherwise she'll continue.

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:25 PM
... and this picture because she's KIND

http://story.news.yahoo.com/p/rids/20020126/i/3355566173.jpg

harloo
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:26 PM
Yes very true, Jenny fan however she is the #1 player now and what she says people will pay attention to. Whereas, the average person will not be looked upon at all. Just like I said before hopefully she will handle the stress, and pressure better this year. Last year, the whole experience of her becoming the hunted instead of the hunter was overwhelming and caused her to lash out at times. So, we will see what happens.

veryborednow, keep on posting pics nothing is wrong with that, however it won't stifle conversation.;)

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:29 PM
I feel I am cancelling out the hate with pictures ... it works for me :)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020124/imdf24012002062357a.jpg

irma
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:31 PM
I doubt it does, the pink didn`t help her to become more popular at all;) (/j/k)

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:33 PM
:) I really don't like the pinkness of the outfit either :)

therefore ... TA DA!! witness the blueness

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020122/mdf116729.jpg

Monica_Rules
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:59 PM
I used to be a big Jen fan she was a second fav and when she won the Aus open in 2001 i was really happy!But since then i have disliked her more and more!I think the final straw was the comments she made about Monica in San Diego last year!She was meant to be Monicas friend and lookied what happened!

She also is getting way too cocky on the court swearing domanding the referee i just don't like her end of!

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:06 PM
I even like it when she wins smaller events, too.

http://capriati.topcities.com/str994.gif

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:06 PM
I'm getting quite a nice collection of jen photos in here ... :)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020121/imdf20012002235715a.jpg

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:11 PM
I am giving 10 reasons why people should love (or at the very least, like) Jennifer

1. She is a human being, and humans are beautiful
2. She puts her heart into her tennis and that is beautiful
3. She talks openly about how important family is to her
4. She DOES NOT see herself as a role model
5. She is a woman
6. She is well liked by all players
7. She has focused interest on tennis with her remarkable comeback
8. Jennifer had problems like everyone has problems. And she remained remarkably strong while the world insulted her and laughed at her, day after day.
9. Jennifer is one hottie!
10. Jennifer has a bright smile that could light Arthur Ashe stadium!

Jessica02
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:22 PM
I had nothing but respect for Jen after coming back to take her first grandslam title, and i really liked her and wanted the best for her.
Then she made comments on Serena at Wimbledon i just thought fair enough everyone makes mistakes sometimes.

But what she said about Monica was just disgraceful it really showed her up to be a complete spoilt bitch 'i will do anything to win' I mean thats just like she has no respect for other people's feelings.
She then says she dosent feel a need for an apology - the utter cheek of it.
When she eventually does apologise. Monica forgives her we've all forgotten about it and then she swears on live t.v. I personally dont have a problem with swearing but alot of other people do she can surely get her point across without offending anyone.

I think Jen is a fantastic tennis player, but as a person in the media at times acts disgracefully. She is probably a nice person off the court but with fame 'no1 spot' comes a certain amount of responsibility.

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:22 PM
I'll just plonk another one in .... :p

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020121/imdf20012002235715a.jpg

disposablehero
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:23 PM
You know, Jen's fans seem to be pretty much all nice people, but I get tired of them saying that people who don't like her because of the language she uses are prudes. We don't fucking care what kind of language she uses.

There is a big difference though, between saying "Ah Fuck! Ah Shit!" and calling a linesperson a "Fucking Shithead". Jen's fans know this, but like to pretend its about the language, and not about abusing people.

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:24 PM
One more reason I like Jen...

She is fearless and isn't afraid of anyone or anything and she says it show see sees it. And generally, she seems pleasant.

http://capriati.topcities.com/aus01127.jpg

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:27 PM
when did she call him a fucking shithead? All I saw was "call the fucking referee!"

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:28 PM
I never heard fucking shit head

now this photo's just amusing ...

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020119/mdf115479.jpg

babsi
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Nobody should tell another person to like a certain player.

You can't make a person like another person.

Respect is another matter.

I could argue some of those points but I don't have the time nor the interest to.

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:29 PM
I wonder if Denise thinks Stefano is a shithead?!

http://capriati.topcities.com/auswin02-13.jpg

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:30 PM
... just photos, not instructions to like a player, just photos

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020119/mdf115476.jpg

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Jenny fan - i prefer the polishing one :)

another pic .... who knew there were so many :p

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020119/imdf19012002073153a.jpg

disposablehero
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:33 PM
I was simply giving an example. I don't remember precisely what Jen said to linesmen, ballboys, umpires last year but I do remember it was pretty degrading. The Australian Open wasn't quite as bad, but it certainly had me thinking "Here we go again".

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:35 PM
I do not believe we have many olympic gold medalists in da house...

http://capriati.topcities.com/misc15.jpg

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:37 PM
I wonder what she is doing here?!

http://www.igs.net/~bmitchell/Tennis/Capriati/jenny106.jpg

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:38 PM
nu uh - I'm not convinced

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020119/imdf19012002075951a.jpg

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:40 PM
She is looking totally hot here

http://www.igs.net/~bmitchell/Tennis/Capriati/jenny173.jpg

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:40 PM
She's stopping traffic - I wonder what's she's trodden in here :D

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/36980/Bef_27-vi.jpg

JuliaKS
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:42 PM
I think there are just two kinds of people outthere.

These peoples who love Jen...and just see in Jen the friendly and human person winning a lot of matches.This peoples admire Jen for her excellent tennis,but even she`ll loose someday,Jen fans will always be Jen Fans!Looking at her and see her smiling make such peoples happy.This are really true fans.They even don`t think about making others fav`s bad or sth.

WELL...

JEN FAN`S ARE JUST THE BEST...exactly like JEN !!! :) :)

The other kind of peoples on this bord are such who are just jealous of Jen`s success.They can do nothing than say wicked things about Jen and her fans.
Such peoples aren`t any really fans of somebody,they are just bored and don`t know what to do with their time.

just another nice pic of Jen and her brother Steven.(Who else of the top ten players has such a fun with her brother?):)

disposablehero
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:47 PM
While "jealous of Jen" is a FANTASTIC theory (at least until you come up with something worthwhile), it does not explain this:

Jen had success in January, June, and then this January. That's pretty much it. So why did it take me until August to suddenly decide that she is a nasty little bitch?

HAIL-VENUS
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:48 PM
Julia, that assumption is ridiculous. As everyone has basically said that they were happy for Jen when she won her first slam, and many of those people have favs who have won as many or more GS than Jen. No need for anyone to be jealous of her. The difference is, Jen has actually MADE people dislike her by her actions. Everyone who says that they dislike her is not saying it because they don't like her game, she's a great player, but everyone disliking her is doing so because of her terrible attitude. But, ofcourse, you can't see her faults for the horrible cornea damage that you must be suffering from.

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:48 PM
Hey Julie!! :)

Why don't you join us in posting some pics?

Jenny fan - I loved that Henna tatoo thingy

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020121/imdf21012002000922a.jpg

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:49 PM
disposablehero - oi, watch your language or people on this board will lynch you

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:51 PM
http://frenchopen.org/images/pics/large/bv_14_016.jpg

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:52 PM
OK, at first they were cute, but now the pics are starting to get annoying. Especially when you have to scroll down a long ways to get at the discussion. Why not start a Jennifer Celebration thread and post pics there instead of feebly attempting to thwart this particular discussion.

Althea
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Adrian
Oh please, the only real haters of Jen are williams fans....for the same reason they hate Martina and Monica.....all three are more popular, more well liked and more respected.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: at above

Like a few others, "I" don't like her attitude but that is a far cry from hating her...

Who can deny that Jennifer is a great tennis player...

Althea - a Venus & Serena Fan!

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:54 PM
Everyone in that crowd loves this italian hottie!

http://frenchopen.org/images/pics/large/bh_13_013.jpg

HAIL-VENUS
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:55 PM
I simply ignore the pics since 85% of them capture Jen just moments away from arguing a line call or a grunt. Hehe:p

ys
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:56 PM
I hate her because I am running serious risk to die of laughing each time I hear her talk.. J/K..

:eek: ;)

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:57 PM
ok - I think we have no right what so ever to "hate" a player, yes we may have predjudices towards players for reasons maybe only we understand, but it's not fair to go around slagging them off when we don't know them...

+ pic

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/36980/Bef_41-vi.jpg

HAIL-VENUS
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:57 PM
LOL@ys. Indeed, her interviews are very hazardous!

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:58 PM
1 pic....

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by disposablehero
While "jealous of Jen" is a FANTASTIC theory (at least until you come up with something worthwhile), it does not explain this:

Jen had success in January, June, and then this January. That's pretty much it. So why did it take me until August to suddenly decide that she is a nasty little [expletive]?

Well said, DH. I for one can't see Jennifer dominating like Hingis has. She did well at a couple of slams in 2001, and got lucky at the 2002 AO. Good for her, but not enough for others to feel that there fave is threatened by her. Please.

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:00 PM
I see a little cleavage in this one

http://championships.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/bv006_10a.jpg

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:00 PM
ahem - Bright Red proves once again that he knows nothing about tennis :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.igs.net/~bmitchell/Tennis/Capriati/jenny.jpg

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Ahem, VBN. Jennifer only won three titles during the whole of 2001. I assure you she's no big threat to anyone. And as for my fave feeling threatened...I think you already know the answer.

Can we say delusion.

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Luck does not win you grand slams. I won almost $5,000 dollars once, so I consider myself pretty lucky. You dont get lucky winning 7 matches in a slam.

http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/bv1005015.jpghttp://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/bv0903003.jpg

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:07 PM
I feel that a clarification is in order. Lucky with the draw at the AO 2002.

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:07 PM
Bright Red - When did I ever say that Martina should feel threatened ???? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:08 PM
I said that Jennifer doesn't threaten.

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:08 PM
I agree about the draw, but then you would have to say Martina was having both Williams' knocked out/withdraw before she had to play against them....

In fact, Jen had a much harder draw in the end, than Martina did

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:11 PM
The whole event was pretty soft, VBN. It was one of the worst GS I've seen.

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Jennifer would have played whomever she was up against. It was not her fault that Venus or or anyone else other than Martina could not even make the finals.

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:13 PM
true - but Jen won!!

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/83873/Aus_07-vi.jpg

I know how to wind you up now ;)

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:16 PM
That she did.

theultimateone
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:17 PM
Capriati is an uncouthed, foul-mouthed, uneducated barbarian!!!

The fact that any organization would award her ANY sportsmanship honor is a total joke. However, it does say alot about that organization.

The reason people were not saying bad things about her prior to her first grand slam win is obvious. She wasn't acting like the stupid bit** she has revealed herself to be.

Also, to be an "Italian" anything I think you would need to speak Italian. As an American, Jen can't speak correct English so I doubt she can say anything in Italian.

The truth hurts, but this is my assessment of Miss Capriati.

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:18 PM
Yeah, Jen sure did. Therefore, Jen had ther final word!

http://www.ausopen.org/images/pics/large/bv02-26-010.jpghttp://www.ausopen.org/images/pics/large/bv02-19-67.jpghttp://www.ausopen.org/images/pics/large/bv02-23-010.jpghttp://www.ausopen.org/images/pics/large/bv02-26-003.jpg

http://www.ausopen.org/images/pics/large/bv02-26-020.jpg

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Tennis isn't over yet. The final word has yet to be uttered.

JuliaKS
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:21 PM
really really nice pics..i can`t get enough of it :)Thanks

but sorry..I don`t know how to post pics....so it`s your turn
"veryborednow" and "Jenny Fan".

Well....so is this your reason why you dislike jen-Brigt Red-?
She has won the Australien Open not because of the others were
injured or sth....she is just the best okay!

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the support Julia...here come more pictures of the Jennerator!

http://www.ausopen.org/images/pics/large/bh02-24-018.jpghttp://www.ausopen.org/images/pics/large/bv02-24-021.jpg]http://www.ausopen.org/images/pics/large/bv02-24-021.jpg]http://www.ausopen.org/images/pics/large/bv02-24-021.jpg]http://www.ausopen.org/images/pics/large/bv02-24-021.jpg]http://www.ausopen.org/images/pics/large/bv02-24-021.jpgI like that one

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by JuliaKS
really really nice pics..i can`t get enough of it :)Thanks

but sorry..I don`t know how to post pics....so it`s your turn
"veryborednow" and "Jenny Fan".

Well....so is this your reason why you dislike jen-Brigt Red-?
She has won the Australien Open not because of the others were
injured or sth....she is just the best okay!

JuliaK

When did I say that I dislike Jennifer? Please surprise me.

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Iwill post again the 10 reasons why I love Jennifer:

5. She is a woman
8. Jennifer had problems like everyone has problems. And she remained remarkably strong while the world insulted her and laughed at her, day after day.

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:27 PM
THE END

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/44653/Sco_01-vi.jpg

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:33 PM
http://www.tpdigital.net/users/bnsebay/0213billjcapriati.jpg

http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_638c4010ebe33d76cf74096f36/i-1.JPG

http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_4e7b3956ebe3625cf95b77f15d/i-1.JPG

http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_6815331eebf87ab0057e166cd1/i-1.JPG
http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_6ec31065ebf1088e2854ed3d19/i-1.JPG

JuliaKS
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Well....-BRight REd-
you didn`t say it literal...but this what you said is enough to see how you think about Jen....perhaps this is just my interpretation,but it looks like you really dislike jen and her fans!

and-theultimateone-
you are just so ridiculous..i think this is enough said about your post!!!

well guys...keep on posting pics....this will become a really nice threat:)

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:36 PM
ugh, you all ruined my perfectly scripted ending :(

Why did no-one do this in jen's special thread?? that's what I was hoping for ... :sad:

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/37750/Mia_12-vi.jpg

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:38 PM
Hey VBN...

Did you like Jennifer with the short hair? I like her with long hair personally...but the short is um, ok.

http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/mmunnsautos/Dsc00521.jpg

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:41 PM
No, I prefer it now - short was weird, and I didn't like the fringe ... ever

In about a days time, all my pics are going to dissapear :(

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/35915/ear_16-vi.jpg

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/35915/ear_07-vi.jpg

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Actually the fringe looks ok in that and this picture..

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/35915/ear_14-vi.jpg

this hair's not so good ...

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/35915/ear_19-vi.jpg

JuliaKS
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:46 PM
Yeah...why nobody post into Jens own threat?

I would say..let`s start,and other Jen Fans will follow,hopefully...:)

There all the nice pics will be even more admire than in this threat:..where are some really really *******

harloo
The level of immaturity really suprises me from some Jen fans. Come on, posting pics to deny the truth is so 1st grade. It would be better if you could just state your opinion without being so defensive, and hey maybe we will not agree but that's life.

We all form are own opinions, because we are all different individuals. The mature thing to do is listen without attempting to persuade someone to believe your theory on a particular subject. Both parties should argue in a civilized manner which can open up a deeper understanding.

Bright Red
Forgive me, but I don't find those reasons compelling:

We are all humans. Do you love the people who dislike Jennifer? Didn't think so.
Beauty is inside and out. Many people tend to have a problem with Jennifer's insides.

Well that can be said about all of the players. Again we're back to ground zero.

Why should anyone love her for that? This sounds similar to a defense attorney's strategy to make her client more likable. Trust me, it rarely works.

Well at least she sees herself as she really is. You gotta give her credit for that.

5. She is a woman
OK. That's a real stretch. I should refer you to one of my last girlfriends for you to see how easy it is to hate a woman.

I have no comment. Just doubt. And if it were true, I don't like someone just because someone else does. I have a mind of my own, thank you very much.

No comprendo, chico.

To each his own. Even if it were true, it wouldn't be a reason to love someone.

Minus the gums, she does have a nice smile. It's what comes out of it that bothers most folks.

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:47 PM
They may dissappear, but forever they will remain in my heart!

http://www.tpdigital.net/users/bnsebay/0213billaagassi.jpg

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:51 PM
We are all humans. Do you love the people who dislike Jennifer? Didn't think so.
Beauty is inside and out. Many people tend to have a problem with Jennifer's insides.

Ok - good point :)

Well that can be said about all of the players. Again we're back to ground zero.

But Jen is more so, the comeback (sorry to bring that up) the 4 match points, all players do, but Jen's is more visible ...

Why should anyone love her for that? This sounds similar to a defense attorney's strategy to make her client more likable. Trust me, it rarely works.

Shows a support system and sets a good example

Well at least she sees herself as she really is. You gotta give her credit for that.

5. She is a woman
OK. That's a real stretch. I should refer you to one of my last girlfriends for you to see how easy it is to hate a woman.

true

I have no comment. Just doubt. And if it were true, I don't like someone just because someone else does. I have a mind of my own, thank you very much.

not by all, but commentators always go on about how she lights up rooms that she walks into. She's social and doesn't bitch about players , like Lindsay :)

No comprendo, chico.

She's commited to the sport

To each his own. Even if it were true, it wouldn't be a reason to love someone.

Minus the gums, she does have a nice smile. It's what comes out of it that bothers most folks.

Gums, ugh, I'm bored now

My fav Jen pic of all time :)

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/35915/ear_18-vi.jpg

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: so sweet :)

theultimateone
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:51 PM
Capriati is a PIG -- "oink, oink!!!"

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:53 PM
harloo - BOOOOOOOOORRRRRRINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG

the fringe ?!?!?!

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/35915/ear_37-vi.jpg

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:55 PM
The new thread idea is great. Trying to drown out the discussion with pics is in very poor taste. They are irrelevant.
It's also very inconsiderate to those of us who don't wish to look at them, and it makes it inconvenient for us to quickly move through the discussion.

It could also be reported, I believe.

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Capriati is a PIG -- "oink, oink!!!"

1) How old are you?
2) Go away
3) they call us immature :) lol

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/35915/ear_39-vi.jpg

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:00 PM
Nice work, VBN.

But still, that collection of items about Jennifer is a bit like art, everyone will interpret it in his own way. If you like Jennifer, it will only enhance those feelings. If you're neutral, you could care less (like me). If you dislike Jennifer, you'll probably like her even less.

Overall, it holds. To each his own.

theultimateone
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Old enough to recognize a PIG when I see it!!! PIG=Jen Capriati.

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:03 PM
People can say whatever they want, I can post pictures of the player I like.

People that resort to name calling and openly hate other people are the annoying ones.

And besides, I dont care to know the reason people claim they don't like Jennifer. I know the truth
http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/bh0828017.jpg

http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/bh0901018.jpg

http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/bh092814.jpg

http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/bh0827012.jpg

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:05 PM
neutral, eh? God, wouldn't like to have you as a neutral during a war .. yes it can be interpreted in different ways, BUT the non-Jen fans will be bored by page 2 and the Jen fans will go further as they'll be more interested and will appreciate the pictures more.

But point taken and I agree :) have a nice evening now :)

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/35915/ear_21-vi.jpg

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/33794/Tor_13-vi.jpg

Dado
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:08 PM
I hate her because she was not fair after the match in San Diego against Monica.

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:09 PM
Jen spots theultimateone

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/33794/Tor_23-vi.jpg

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Jenny fan
People can say whatever they want, I can post pictures of the player I like...and besides, I dont care to know the reason people claim they don't like Jennifer. I know the truth.

Post all the pics you want. It's quite obvious you don't seem to care that you inconvenience the rest of us. I'm used to it now anyway.

You may not care about the reasons, but remember you're not the only one in here.

harloo
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:10 PM
Oh veryboardnow, GROW UP!!!! You are the one who's obviously boring posting every picture you can find of Jen like a 1st grader. We all know Jen won, get over it no big deal!! I see why you are such a big Jen fan, you and her are both immature and petty.

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:12 PM
Julia asked a pretty valid question...its ok to not like a player...but hating someone? And this thread turned into a very anti-jen thread. But VBN and I are spreading positive energy through this thread! This is a tribute to Jen!

http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/bh0827012.jpghttp://frenchopen.org/images/pics/large/bh_08_002.jpg[/img]
http://frenchopen.org/images/pics/large/bh_13_017.jpg
http://frenchopen.org/images/pics/large/bv_q_046.jpg

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:14 PM
Iam not going to justify myself, I did that on the first page. When the hate stops, i stop, simple as that :)
... and they'll dissapear by tomorrow, or earlier ... i haven't decided yet

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/43547/New_06-vi.jpg

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:15 PM
oooh! good pic Jenny fan :)

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:15 PM
This is now a Pro-Jenny thread.

http://frenchopen.org/images/pics/large/bv_13_019.jpg

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:16 PM
This tribute won't help your cause. It looks more like a display of rudeness, immaturity, denial, and insecurity. Bear in mind that this opinion is coming from a neutral observer.

JuliaKS
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:16 PM
I think all of you jen"haters" just can`t appreciate such pics,`cause you don`t see how important they are!

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:17 PM
STOP NOW!!!

SHHHHHH

this was a bad thread to begin with - so shut up everyone :)

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:17 PM
There is nothing immature about turning bad karma into good karma!

Jen is spiritual, right? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that she is.

http://frenchopen.org/images/pics/large/bv_06_001.jpg

Ryan
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:18 PM
It sounds childish, and probably is, but one reason i hate Jen is because shes been beating martina so much in the last year:(

I dont have a sheltered life at all, and I occasionally swear when im pissed off. I just dont like Jen language because its used oncourt and on tv, in front of thousands of people, fans, and fans that look up to her. She's nice when interviewed off court, long time after a match, but shes so caught up in herself during the matches, its hard to like her. I have yet to here her compliment someone else. (im not saying she HASNT, but that i havent heard her)

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by veryborednow
Iam not going to justify myself, I did that on the first page. When the hate stops, i stop, simple as that :)
... and they'll dissapear by tomorrow, or earlier ... i haven't decided yet

I second that motion!

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/43547/New_06-vi.jpg

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:19 PM
PLAYER BASHING IS NOT MATURE

STOP NOW

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:21 PM
WE DON'T KNOW THE PLAYERS

BUT I'M SURE THEY'RE A HELL OF A LOT MORE MATURE THAN THIS

ME INCLUDED - NOW STOP IT

Keith
Hey Ryan-

at least you are honest! And Im glad you arent calling her names! See how easy it is to give an opinion that is nice?!

Bright Red
It's true that there's nothing wrong with making good out of bad. The only problem is that where was the bad. The only bad that has come out of this thread is that certain Jenny Fans are bombarding the board with pics of Jenny that are 100% irrelevant to the discussion.

But go on and post the pics. I'm OK with it now.

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:23 PM
nothing bad with pic - just player bashing

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/83873/Aus_06-vi.jpg

SSSSSHHHH now .... please, everyone

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:30 PM
Agreed. Silence is a powerful statement.

SSSSHHhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Keith
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:52 PM
Today, one of my students said the cutest thing...He pointed to the keyboard and said, "Where is the shh key?' He was trying to spell wish. It was funny.

Kisha
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:59 PM
:wavey: jenn fans!!

just to let you know that i love Jenn!!!!

she is the tops and dont let others tell you otherwise!!:)

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 10:20 PM
OK, after all the nastines, we need positiveness :)

Question: Did anyone play this game?
http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/35921/Oth_26-vi.jpg

http://images.fotki.com/v1/free/6127/1/18997/35921/Oth_04-vi.jpg

Jakeev
Feb 13th, 2002, 10:33 PM
Hey Bright Red for someone who does not like Jennifer you sure seem to spend a lot of time in this thread........

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 10:36 PM
PLEASE!! DOn't inveite him back in, did you see how much effort was taken in ending the whole thing ?? Sh. Happiness and pictures, that is what the thread is about :)

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 10:47 PM
Jakeev--

SHhhhhhhh....

thank you.

veryborednow
Feb 13th, 2002, 10:52 PM
Bright Red - :)

Jakeev
Feb 13th, 2002, 11:31 PM
Better idea Bright red how bout you turn off your computer were the true silence will be golden........

Bright Red
Feb 13th, 2002, 11:34 PM
I see I hit a nerve with you, Jakeev.

What part of SHhhh don't you understand? The 'S' or the 'H'?

Poor baby (you still won't make me like Jennifer). :eek:

disposablehero
Feb 14th, 2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Jenny fan
Iwill post again the 10 reasons why I love Jennifer:

5. She is a woman

Thanks for giving me 3 reasons to love Karla Homolka.

Prove #6. I wasn't aware you were that close to all players.

Ryan
Feb 14th, 2002, 12:20 AM
Eeeeeeeew. Jen Cap is a hottie???? Where have I been then. She is most likely, one of the ugliest, if not THE ugliest person on the tour. Except for tauziat, davenport, others, and the Williamses.

Martina and Anna are definetely the best. Schett is not bad either.

Volcana
Feb 14th, 2002, 01:01 AM
She's an aggressive woman. That scares people. They want women to be docile little girls who are unfailingly polite, never curse, never raise their voice. Above all else, they must NOT be threatening.

Jenn's gonna fight you. She may go down, but it will be kicking, screaming, cursing and vowing revenge.

She's an All-American girl.

Jakeev
Feb 14th, 2002, 05:21 AM
Uh disposable gotta love ya but you once asked me this so I am gonna throw it back at your: WHO IN THE HELL PEED IN YOUR CEREAL?

Sheesh get it over it.

And Amen Volcana I still think many of these "tennis fans" really need to switch to Figure Skating and get it over with.

Jakeev
Feb 14th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Hey Bright Red I see I hit a couple of your nerves. If you don't know how to turn off the computer perhaps mommy or daddy can do it for you;)

go hingis
Feb 14th, 2002, 06:13 AM
very intresting thread to read.

But did you all read the question?

The Question: What's the reason that so many people hate Jennifer Capriati?

If you can't handle the answers, Then simply don't ask the question.

Jenn's immature fans in this thread, show exactly why they like her. GROW UP!, posting pics because you can't handle the truth, or reply with a decent answer, is very immature.

"she's human"

So are all players on tour, but they don't act like Capriati, or get away with everything. As she's human, maybe she should get the same treatment other human spoilt bratts get.
If only Capriati got the response Hingis got from the french crowd, or boo's other players have gotten for questioning a line call, in a more mature and polite way.

"I will do anything to win"

I think it's great that Capriati is a fighter, but fight with your game, not your mouth. When Capriati's losing, she's the biggest bitch i've every seen, she has a problem with every little thing.
Line calls, children crying, children out of their seats, phone's ringing, grunting, any little thing she can pick at.
Every player has the right to question calls, but when Capriati's down she will question every shot, till she's up, SORE LOSER!!!!!!

LASTLY I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHY YOU POSTED THE PIC OF JEN IN THE LEATHER JACKET, SHE LOOKS LIKE THE BIGGEST DAG!!!!!!

Bright Red
Feb 14th, 2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by go hingis
Jenn's immature fans in this thread, show exactly why they like her. GROW UP!

You hit the nail on the head (although not all of her fans are like this). Just look at the nasty remarks, and they think it's normal. I see why some of them don't have a clue about what the majority of the tennis community feels about Capriati. If they are so sensitive about opinions about her, they should switch faves.

Jakeev, I would tell you to act like your fave, but you already are.

TeeRexx
Feb 14th, 2002, 06:53 AM
Jakeev, I would tell you to act like your fave, but you already are.

:eek: :p

irma
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:11 AM
volcano We only accept such women in talkshows, JC could fill a show of Jerry Springer right away! :p

veryborednow
Feb 14th, 2002, 11:17 AM
I don't think it was immature - it was a dumb question that was inviting hate. I asked Poe to close it cos I knew it was going to cause trouble.

Jenny fan and I were trying to defuse the situation in a positive manner, and it worked.

The thread was inviting player bashing, and as I have said there's nothing positive or useful gained from the kind of threads, therefore SHHHhhhhh.

the end Nobody is telling anyone to like a player, but like the players you you and hate thread, nothing is gained from it because everyone has different favs. That's what is so good about the WTA the characters are so diverse there is plenty of room for people to like different players.

I'm not deluded, I can list all the negative factors conserning every player that I know of, but I chose not to. I'll concentrate on the positive.

The pictures, are positive, and personally, I think quite a nice collection now :)

Now please, can we finish ...

Williams Rulez
Feb 14th, 2002, 11:31 AM
Oh god... Jennifer fans why are you complaining? Have you seen what Williams fans get yet? :rolleyes:

veryborednow
Feb 14th, 2002, 11:32 AM
I have - it's a shame :(

Williams Rulez
Feb 14th, 2002, 11:34 AM
I'm glad you can sympathise with me... I can sympathise with you too...

It is so sad that when some one becomes successful, the amount of hate she gets increases proportionately. :(

veryborednow
Feb 14th, 2002, 11:39 AM
exactly. it's the word hate we (Jenny fan and I) were campaigning against.

How can you hate a sports player? You can criticise and not like her, but hates strong, especially when it's just sport we a talking about.

irma
Feb 14th, 2002, 11:49 AM
but there is a difference between hate and not liking a certain behavior. I call hate when you want her to die or whatever worse will come over her. there was a person on another board who wanted Jaden Gil to die, that`s what I call hate not when I say that I find her screaming on court annoying.

veryborednow
Feb 14th, 2002, 11:52 AM
yeah. i agree, I'm not arguing any more. I've never been in an argument on this board so decided to give it a try ...

People are using the word HATE way too casually. Hate is what motivated the KKK, the killers of Matthew Shepard, Ossama bin Laden.
was said earlier, just us and Bright red having a slagging match really

Keith
Feb 14th, 2002, 02:42 PM
I agree with verybored...obviously.

I know that the williams get a lot of hate, too. I am not a fan of them, but I dont go and say mean things about them.

So now VBN and I are immature because we actually tried to stop this from becoming a nasty ugly thread? Its not like we were insulting someone.

JuliaKS
Feb 14th, 2002, 05:42 PM
Well..I started this thread `cause I was really shocked by reading that so many poeples here`"hate" jen.
Sorry...I īdon`t wanted to make this thread to such a bad one!

I`m a jen fan too,i think I`m one of her biggest :),and so I really don`t wanted to turn this thread in such a bad!!!

Jakeev
Feb 16th, 2002, 03:32 AM
Sorry Bright Red but I call it the way I see if you like it or not. You gonna say dumb things I am gonna let you know you are.

If that is me acting like my fav ( and by the way my FAV is Lindsay) then I say rock on for putting people like you in your place.

JulieKS I still say this was an important thread because it brought out Jen fans in full force.

Irma now I can respect your opinion. But unlike some, I just was not offended by Jens outburst in the Oz final.

Many of you act like she directly insulted somebody when she never did that. I would love to know how some of you react in a heated moment.

gogetter
Feb 16th, 2002, 06:01 AM
I agree with the sentiment of those who say - How can you HATE someone you don't even know?

Also, how can you hate someone who is part of what keeps us all so well entertained? I don't know about everyone else, but it's the DRAMA of tennis that I love. It's exactly all the different personalities, clashes, as well as athletics that result in great tennis.

This means that I appreciate the fact that the personalities are all different. It's more interesting when there's a diverse set of players. Of course, this also results in a diverse set of fans, with very different and vocal opinions...

:D

Here's to Jennifer, may she always be her own unique person!

Candy946
Feb 16th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Oh sure JC Fans write why they like her, because she is beautiful, she is a champion, she is hot, blah blah blah... Well NOT all of us feel the same way or agrees she is hot, she is nice, and whatever you say she is. There's no denying that she's a good tennis player, but she isn't the best either. Of ALL the years she's played, how many times did she have the no. 1 spot or how long did she hold the no. 1 spot? She's been around Monica's time and yet this is her greatest achievement of all time?

And what was that you guys say... Non JC fans are just jealous? Oh Please, don't humor me! :rolleyes: Maybe its because we just can't stand her attitude. And yeah I know she is only human, but not all the players act like that or do that too often. And she doesn't have sportsmanship either.

Thes might be POSSIBLE reasons why other people might not like her:

1. They don't like her attitude
2. She is cocky
3. She beat their fave players
4. They don't like the way she dress
5. They don't like the way she plays
6. They don't like her looks
7. ect...

This is only an assumption and I'm not speaking for every Non JC fan. You guys can get mad all you want, but I say it's just a waste of breath. You guys like her fine, I'm not going to get on your back about it, so please try to do the same for those who are not fans of hers.

veryborednow
Feb 16th, 2002, 11:27 AM
tut tut - sh

Bright Red
Feb 16th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Jakeev
Sorry Bright Red but I call it the way I see if you like it or not. You gonna say dumb things I am gonna let you know you are.

If that is me acting like my fav ( and by the way my FAV is Lindsay) then I say rock on for putting people like you in your place.

Jakeev

I checked the date and time stamp of my last post and the one you last made. I discovered that I've been on your mind for TWO whole days. You really should try not to give anyone (not even me) that much power over you. You've wasted TWO whole days of your life harboring ill-feelings about me. So many wonderful things have been accomplished during the TWO whole days that you were being eaten up with anger and hate over a few simple words. I sincerely hope you want more out of life than to be so consumed that you'd spend who knows how long digging through this message board like some perverse groundhog for a TWO day old stale thread just to take a cheap personal attack against moi. I pity you.

Be honored that I am replying to your post for I don't usually deal with your type (you know, the slow ones). And before I officially ignore you for being simultaneously slow and pitiful, I'll leave you with a bit of advice:

Grow up.

jrj
Feb 16th, 2002, 04:55 PM
being a Capriati fan I have to post.
Disposeable, you are the last one to be casting stones at anyone for their "language." If I had a penny for every time you swore on this board...
Also according to you Jen only had success in January and June last year??? Semis of Wimbledon and US, finalist of Erricson? So those are failures??
Jen became a threat last year to certain people's favortite players so she became the enemy.
Also she is well liked by the players, I've seen her at the US Open talking to many players joking around at practice sessions.

Jakeev
Feb 16th, 2002, 08:26 PM
I will repeat Bright Red have mommy and daddy shut the computer off for you. It's better for all of us in the long run then to hear you ramble about nothing.

Don't pity me Bright Red cause I certainly don't pity you. And furthermore if you don't like Jennifer Capriati then do us all a favor AND STAY OUT OF HER THREADS FOR CRYING ALOUD.

Candy946 again I totally can respect what you have to say. But I am totally certain that if this was about your fave you would be fighting back just like the rest of us.

You don't have to like who I like but don't disrespect (and not saying you are) the rest of us who like certain players by being nasty about it.

Bright Red
Feb 16th, 2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by veryborednow
tut tut - sh

Excellent advice, VBN. Things had been going well.:)