Postcard
Dec 18th, 2003, 07:51 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/12/18/1071337093844.html

azza
Dec 19th, 2003, 12:56 AM
Wow that was a nice read :)

ozfan44
Dec 19th, 2003, 05:08 AM
gr8 article im going to be so pissed if she doesnt get a gold coast qualies wildcard, my sources say she has already got one for sydney but not being announced yet

AUSBOY
Dec 19th, 2003, 09:01 AM
Nice read. Its true she is a battler, and finally the maturity and experience she has gained has reopened closed doors.

Did anyone think she could become the new Nicole Pratt or Kerry Anne Guse hehe.

I think they should use her career as example to all AIS pupils that it can take 10 years to make it financially. The AIS really need to question all these drop outs cos it hasnt just happened in Trudi's era, the era after has seen Jenny Belobradjic, Melanie Clayton, Melissa Dowse, Tara Reid etc all drop out.

Mateo Mathieu
Dec 19th, 2003, 10:05 AM
I will watch her match at Sydney qualifying! :yeah:

louloubelle
Dec 22nd, 2003, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the link. Great article.

Nice to read that she's trying to temper her game. Sometimes I feel that she could easily hit every forehand into the back fence!!!!

She's deserves a break and it is well deserved! Like Pratt and Guse it hasn't been hand-outs for her turn around. It's been hard work and a realisation of what it takes to make it on the tour that has done it i.e. maturity.

You can plug all the support and money into these players but until they comes to terms with what they need to do to make it on tour themselves - then they will wallow down the bottom.

ozfan44
Dec 29th, 2003, 04:53 AM
well as usual tennis australia has forgotten her for the gold coast event hopefully she got a wildcard for sydney qualies otherwise no real match practice before aussie open

Mateo Mathieu
Dec 29th, 2003, 06:54 AM
well as usual tennis australia has forgotten her for the gold coast event hopefully she got a wildcard for sydney qualies otherwise no real match practice before aussie open
Please give her a wildcard for Sydney!! :fiery:

Mateo Mathieu
Dec 29th, 2003, 06:55 AM
I'm almost 100% positive they will give her one of the wildcards cos she always got one in the past years.

ozfan44
Dec 29th, 2003, 07:46 AM
the bloody better or im gunna go syko at them she took a set of no 1 seed raymond last year so come on mr watson giver her one

broncosven
Dec 29th, 2003, 09:48 PM
She played really well last year and the score doesnt reflect how she pushed lisa raymond

hopefully this year she wont have the no.1 seed though and might win a match or 2 or 3

ozfan44
Dec 30th, 2003, 10:25 AM
well she didnt get the wildcard so im hoping that means that used her feed up position for canberra qualifying from winning a qld challenger probably will have better chances of winning matches there anyway and improve her ranking quicker

broncosven
Dec 30th, 2003, 10:05 PM
Hopes she get into ACT or something ?? so unfair the TA gets qualy WC to 1000000th ranked players and forget the person who is representign them i the oz open

. . although its not unexpected . . .