PDA

View Full Version : Secret Ceremony

TeeRexx
Feb 12th, 2002, 11:38 AM
I guess VENUS had a secret birthday ceremony. :rolleyes:
---
PARIS -- Venus Williams claimed her second title of 2002 when Jelena Dokic withdrew from Sunday's final of the Gaz de France tournament with a strained right thigh.

Williams then hinted again that she might cut her season short to concentrate on academics.

"I'd like to take the fall off and go to school," she said.

The 22-year-old Williams, a student in fashion design at the Florida Art Institute, has said she feels torn between studies and sports.

She told French sports daily L'Equipe on Tuesday that she knew she needed to devote more time to tennis to reach No. 1, but added that she's not prepared to give up her other interests, including her studies at the Florida Art Institute.

"I am somebody who gets bored very easily and if I dedicated all my time to tennis, it would end up boring me," Williams said.
---
VENUS was born on June 17, 1980

The media is in such a rush to find some negativity,
that they can not get their real facts straight. :mad: :rolleyes:

~RedRose~
Feb 12th, 2002, 11:45 AM
i guess they mean she is turning 22 this year .... its not a negative article at al .... all of it is basically what Venus said ... i think its good she wants to go and study!

TeeRexx
Feb 12th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Article does not say will be 21.
Media articles are supposed to be acurate, especially when it comes to basic details.

jomar
Feb 12th, 2002, 01:27 PM
the best thing is for you to write them. Even the commentators themselves give wrong information during the match.:rolleyes:

Steveg
Feb 12th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by jomar
the best thing is for you to write them. Even the commentators themselves give wrong information during the match.:rolleyes:

by the time the reporter replies to the letter, Venus will have already been 22 :rolleyes: .

Becool
Feb 12th, 2002, 01:35 PM
LOL SteveG true ;)

jomar
Feb 12th, 2002, 03:53 PM
LOL@steve....believe me Tee would have white hairs when he receives a reply if any from that reporter....the thing is, they will know their mistake.:rolleyes:

Bright Red
Feb 12th, 2002, 10:00 PM
Well Happy "Future" Birthday to you, Venus!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: