PDA

View Full Version : ... And The Rest: Obziler, Savransky and Peer's Cheering Thread

Tomas11
Dec 6th, 2003, 04:42 PM
Israeli Tennis is more than Pistolesi...

1) Tzipora Obziler
Current Ranking: 127
Highest ranking: 107

What a comeback from Tzipi... After retiring with injuries and financial problems, Obziler is back on the court again, in the best shape of her life!
:D :worship: :bounce:
Although in the past few weeks she's a bit off, but let's hope she could get it together towards the Aus. Open qualies. GO TZIPI!!!
:lol: :kiss: :hearts:

2) Yevgenia Savransky
Current Ranking: 536
Highest Ranking: 3??

Savy needs our cheers! Help her get back on track!! the SF finish in Tel-Aviv is a start. Next year she could break into the top 300, and hopefully we could see her debuting WTA tournaments...

3) Shahar Peer
Current Ranking: 607
Highest Ranking: 607

The biggest thing since Pistolesi!! the most promising future talest we have had in ages... peer will finish the year inside the top 500, and next year she could make waves in the higher standarts of the game!!!

And let's not forget Glitzenshtein, Nemirowski, Burduli, Steinberg, Gougel, Dubinsky, Kaplan, Kempler, Spivakovsky, Fahoum and the others!!!!!

King Aaron
Dec 6th, 2003, 05:30 PM
If I'm not mistaken we used to have a thread where we posted results of the other Israeli tennis players.

oren987
Dec 6th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Israeli Tennis is more than Pistolesi...

1) Tzipora Obziler
Current Ranking: 127
Highest ranking: 107

What a comeback from Tzipi... After retiring with injuries and financial problems, Obziler is back on the court again, in the best shape of her life!
:D :worship: :bounce:
Although in the past few weeks she's a bit off, but let's hope she could get it together towards the Aus. Open qualies. GO TZIPI!!!
:lol: :kiss: :hearts:

2) Yevgenia Savransky
Current Ranking: 536
Highest Ranking: 3??

Savy needs our cheers! Help her get back on track!! the SF finish in Tel-Aviv is a start. Next year she could break into the top 300, and hopefully we could see her debuting WTA tournaments...

3) Shahar Peer
Current Ranking: 607
Highest Ranking: 607

The biggest thing since Pistolesi!! the most promising future talest we have had in ages... peer will finish the year inside the top 500, and next year she could make waves in the higher standarts of the game!!!

And let's not forget Glitzenshtein, Nemirowski, Burduli, Steinberg, Gougel, Dubinsky, Kaplan, Kempler, Spivakovsky, Fahoum and the others!!!!!

OMG :eek:

Where did you came from???

Welcome Tomas :wavey:

oren987
Dec 6th, 2003, 08:54 PM
If I'm not mistaken we used to have a thread where we posted results of the other Israeli tennis players.

Yes we did :D , but I think that every player sould have his own thread

King Aaron
Dec 7th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Yes we did :D , but I think that every player sould have his own thread
Like the Russian Roulette? :confused:

PointBlank
Dec 7th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Obzi :kiss:

Shahar :hearts:

oren987
Dec 8th, 2003, 08:48 AM
Like the Russian Roulette? :confused:

Yes, something like that :D

King Aaron
Dec 8th, 2003, 03:43 PM
Yes, something like that :D
That would be good too. :)

oren987
Dec 9th, 2003, 04:48 PM
That would be good too. :)

Aaron, When do you think it all be ready?

King Aaron
Dec 9th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Aaron, When do you think it all be ready?
Well I'm currently in discussions with Mike, I think soon we might ask for opinions and suggestions. But I promise all will be ready before the new season starts. :)

oren987
Dec 9th, 2003, 09:29 PM
Well I'm currently in discussions with Mike, I think soon we might ask for opinions and suggestions. But I promise all will be ready before the new season starts. :)

That's good :D :worship: . Don't you ask Nimi also for his opinions?

King Aaron
Dec 10th, 2003, 04:28 PM
I don't know, he seems too busy with his life. I don't want to bother him with all this when he's happy to just post in a few threads. Also Mike hasn't replied to my PM. :sad:

oren987
Dec 10th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Mike :(

King Aaron
Dec 11th, 2003, 03:44 PM
I'll send him a second PM soon. :)

Mikey
Dec 12th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Give a guy a break :p I was thinking :p

Mikey
Dec 12th, 2003, 08:59 PM
OK, I hate to be a party pooper, but I do not think that subforums like the Russian Roulette is the way to go.

What I propose, instead, is renaming the forum for Israel if that is what you really want. However, I am quite content with the Anna forum. I do support the other Israeli players, but this was designed with the intent of the support of Anna. The three people who originally set up the forum and the website were huge Anna fans, not necessarily Israelis.

I don't mean to be negative about the situation and I hope that this doesn't create any problems. Let me know what you guys think and we'll discuss it further.

oren987
Dec 13th, 2003, 11:31 AM
OK, I hate to be a party pooper, but I do not think that subforums like the Russian Roulette is the way to go.

What I propose, instead, is renaming the forum for Israel if that is what you really want. However, I am quite content with the Anna forum. I do support the other Israeli players, but this was designed with the intent of the support of Anna. The three people who originally set up the forum and the website were huge Anna fans, not necessarily Israelis.

I don't mean to be negative about the situation and I hope that this doesn't create any problems. Let me know what you guys think and we'll discuss it further.

:speakles:

Tomas11
Dec 13th, 2003, 12:55 PM
I think most of the people who post here are fans of all the Israeli girls and are intrested in them. so:
A) changing the name is good!
B) adding sub-forums is a very good idea, and it shouldn't be dismissed.

Mikey
Dec 13th, 2003, 02:54 PM
I think that subforums won't work, but I do agree with Aaron's idea that seperate sticky threads for each would be worthwhile :)

Maybe we'll start a poll to figure this out ;)

Tomas, I don't know why you posted this in here in the first place. Could you please explain why you started the thread in the first place? That might help me out a little bit.

PointBlank
Dec 13th, 2003, 02:58 PM

I agree 100% :bounce:

oren987
Dec 13th, 2003, 05:42 PM
I think most of the people who post here are fans of all the Israeli girls and are intrested in them. so:
A) changing the name is good!
B) adding sub-forums is a very good idea, and it shouldn't be dismissed.

I agree

Mikey
Dec 13th, 2003, 06:03 PM
There are only 4 people that post here on a regular basis, so the "majority rules" thing isn't really applicable just because a majority of 4 means very little.

Could you guys please give reasoning why we should do this? You've heard my thoughts on the matter, and I would appreciate it if you could explain why this matters to you :) Please keep in mind that the forum was never created with the intent of being an Israeli tennis player forum and it has never boasted that Anna Smashnova is the only worthwhile Israeli tennis player. If there are reasons, I might be able to see both sides of the argument.

Thanx :D

Mikey
Dec 13th, 2003, 06:05 PM
BTW Aaron - now I understand what you meant by the Russian Roulette threads :p I didn't scroll down last time when I checked it out ;)

King Aaron
Dec 13th, 2003, 06:07 PM
BTW Aaron - now I understand what you meant by the Russian Roulette threads :p I didn't scroll down last time when I checked it out ;)
They're a much better solution huh? ;)

Mikey
Dec 13th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Yes :p

oren987
Dec 13th, 2003, 11:02 PM
There are only 4 people that post here on a regular basis, so the "majority rules" thing isn't really applicable just because a majority of 4 means very little.

Could you guys please give reasoning why we should do this? You've heard my thoughts on the matter, and I would appreciate it if you could explain why this matters to you :) Please keep in mind that the forum was never created with the intent of being an Israeli tennis player forum and it has never boasted that Anna Smashnova is the only worthwhile Israeli tennis player. If there are reasons, I might be able to see both sides of the argument.

Thanx :D

You said it yourselp! - "There are only 4 people that post here on a regular basis". Maybe if we will change it into Israeli Forum more people will come!!!

Don't you think??

Mikey
Dec 14th, 2003, 01:03 AM
No, I don't. I think that if people are absolutely pro-Israeli tennis, then wouldn't they be supporting Anna as it was? I can't believe and I don't think that you can either that people are more interested in supporting Tzipora or Shahar than Anna right now.

oren987
Dec 14th, 2003, 08:36 AM
No, I don't. I think that if people are absolutely pro-Israeli tennis, then wouldn't they be supporting Anna as it was? I can't believe and I don't think that you can either that people are more interested in supporting Tzipora or Shahar than Anna right now.

Mikey, Shahar in 3 weeks got from no ranking at all to the top 500. If you would have gone to the "Challenger Tournaments thread", you would saw how many people are supporting her (ask aaron).

Maybe we sould give it a try for a faw months and see. If no more people will come, we could chance it back to just Anna. It's not like we are leaving Anna Support. We are just growing as a forum.

Mikey
Dec 14th, 2003, 07:28 PM
I'm willing to try it out, but I like the Anna forum as it is.

I think that I'm going to be outvoted on this one, so why don't we just go with it and change the forum to an Israeli tennis forum and see what happens.

King Aaron
Dec 14th, 2003, 08:00 PM
So the poll is not important anymore? :confused:

oren987
Dec 14th, 2003, 08:50 PM
I'm willing to try it out, but I like the Anna forum as it is.

I think that I'm going to be outvoted on this one, so why don't we just go with it and change the forum to an Israeli tennis forum and see what happens.

Thank's Mikey :D

Maybe we can change it to something like "The Smash Pistols and the Israeli girls"

Mikey
Dec 14th, 2003, 08:52 PM
I think that two people have voted on the poll and no one else is going to Aaron :p

Sure Oren ;) But please thank Aaron, he has done a lot of work as well to get all of this stuff organized :D Aaron :wavey: :hearts:

We'll have to collect ideas for the new forum name, because I currently have none :p

oren987
Dec 14th, 2003, 09:13 PM
I think that two people have voted on the poll and no one else is going to Aaron :p

Sure Oren ;) But please thank Aaron, he has done a lot of work as well to get all of this stuff organized :D Aaron :wavey: :hearts:

We'll have to collect ideas for the new forum name, because I currently have none :p

Mikey :hatoff:

Aaron - Thank you so much :smooch:

King Aaron
Dec 15th, 2003, 06:19 PM

Aww..thanks. :hug: :) And you're welcome Oren. :)

Guess we should unstick the poll then? ;) Oh and I thought of a name. What do you make of The Immortal Israelis? :confused:

oren987
Dec 15th, 2003, 08:46 PM
Aww..thanks. :hug: :) And you're welcome Oren. :)

Guess we should unstick the poll then? ;) Oh and I thought of a name. What do you make of The Immortal Israelis? :confused:

The Immortal Israelis :rolleyes:

Mikey
Dec 15th, 2003, 08:54 PM
My idea had been "The Israeli Bombshells" :p

oren987
Dec 15th, 2003, 08:58 PM
My idea had been "The Israeli Bombshells" :p

Nice :) , but I think maybe we can find something better.

And by the way, this is my 2000 post :D :bounce:

Mikey
Dec 15th, 2003, 09:00 PM
Congrats :bounce:

PointBlank
Dec 15th, 2003, 09:14 PM
Bye Bye :rolleyes:

Mikey
Dec 16th, 2003, 12:46 AM
Jordan, don't leave the forum just because the style was changed. I don't like the change, but there will still be an Anna forum that we can be just as dedicated :) My positive is that maybe I will learn something new about the players we include :D

PointBlank
Dec 16th, 2003, 01:14 AM
How about this name:

The Israelites

King Aaron
Dec 16th, 2003, 02:53 PM
The Immortal Israelis :rolleyes:
:tears: :sad: I thought it was nice :o. ;) By the way congratulations. :)

oren987
Dec 17th, 2003, 08:38 PM
How about this name:

The Israelites

nice :) , but I think that the The Immortal Israelis is better.

I don't have any name's to give :sad:

PointBlank
Dec 17th, 2003, 10:34 PM
I got it Oren!

The Immortal Israelites ;):p

oren987
Dec 18th, 2003, 01:07 AM
I got it Oren!

The Immortal Israelites ;):p

:lol:

JPhurst
Dec 18th, 2003, 07:09 PM
I like to see Israeli players do well as much as anyone else. But a new forum? Come on now. There is one female Israeli tennis player of major significance, and that is Anna.

We really don't need a new thread to create a bunch of smiley faces when Shahar Peer makes the second round of a $10,000 ITF event. If you are really overjoyed by such an athletic breakthrough, I guess you can express yourself here. Maybe if one or two other players can crack the top 50 and start playing regularly on the WTA tour (Obziler occasionally getting to a Tier V is not "playing regularly"), there's something worth discussing in terms of new or additional forums. Until then, this is Anna's house.

oren987
Dec 18th, 2003, 08:37 PM
I like to see Israeli players do well as much as anyone else. But a new forum? Come on now. There is one female Israeli tennis player of major significance, and that is Anna.

We really don't need a new thread to create a bunch of smiley faces when Shahar Peer makes the second round of a $10,000 ITF event. If you are really overjoyed by such an athletic breakthrough, I guess you can express yourself here. Maybe if one or two other players can crack the top 50 and start playing regularly on the WTA tour (Obziler occasionally getting to a Tier V is not "playing regularly"), there's something worth discussing in terms of new or additional forums. Until then, this is Anna's house.

Where did you came from :confused:
It is still Anna's house and always will be, but we are giving a chance for Tzipi and Shahar also.

Shahar played 5- $10,000 ITF event, and in all of them she got to the final (2 wins). She is 16 years old, and I think she could get very far.
There are a lot of forum for players that are not rank in the top 50.
Look at this website...

Anna is still number 1, so don't worry :D

JPhurst
Dec 18th, 2003, 09:15 PM
Where did you came from :confused:

Born in NYC. One side of the family was Jewish from the Pale of Settlement (mainly what is now Belarus), including a distant relationship to Theodore Herzl. Why do you ask?

It is still Anna's house and always will be, but we are giving a chance for Tzipi and Shahar also.

Shahar played 5- $10,000 ITF event, and in all of them she got to the final (2 wins). She is 16 years old, and I think she could get very far.
There are a lot of forum for players that are not rank in the top 50.
Look at this website...

Anna is still number 1, so don't worry :D

Yes, Shahar Peer is an exciting young player. And if someone really, really wants to mention her victory in a 2000 ITF tourney in this forum, it's not like the moderator is going to ban you for posting off-topic.

This thread pretty much shows the level of interest in a forum for other Israeli players. More or less the same three or four people arguing about whether such a forum should exist.

Tomas11
Dec 21st, 2003, 03:16 PM
Nothing Bad can come out of expanding the forum...
We stili support Anna, but for the last 2 months that Anna wasn't playing i was interested in all the others.
I would be really happy if someone else would crack the top 100, but the way things are going, it would be Peer in about 3 years or so (no offence Obzi, but you should start thinking about retiring again)

SuperG
Mar 19th, 2004, 08:54 PM
but I think that every player sould have his own thread

Yevgenia Safransky has now her own thread :bounce:

Not here, but at tennisrulz.com!

Tennisrulz is mainly a tennis site with a much smaller board as here. A much smaller community, too, but the members are much closer as here.

Just follow the link in my signature, scroll down until you see on the left bar "Main Board". At the players-forums you see "Clijsters, Domachovaska, Petkovic and more..."
There you find Yavgenias thread :cool:

You dont even have to sign in to reply, only to start new topics, if you want to....