PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer will attend the Proximus Diamond Games !!

pigam
Nov 27th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Bob Verbeeck (the director) announced
Kim Clijsters
Justine Henin
Jennifer Capriati
Venus Williams :love:
Ai Sugyiama

will attend the edition of 2004 ...
Great news for us Belgians... I expected Amelie to play too (maybe she'll confirm later) but it's great for the tournament a star like Jennifer will play.

Verbeeck hopes this year 120 000 (!!) people will visit the tournament...
He also said "I silently hope Venus won't win the racket,... not because I think she doesn't deserve it, but because I hope one of the Belgian girls will win the tournament. After a two-year Belgian loss (henin 2002, Clijsters 2003) a victory for one of the Belgian would be an absolute climax!!"

It would be nice if a Belgian won, but I think this one will be Venus' (again) ... Who will stop her ?

I'm looking forward to it!!! :bounce: :bounce:

http://www.sport.be//nl/images/2003/november/collage.jpg

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Nov 27th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Great news ! A semi-final justine-jennifer would be awesome. :bounce: :D

pigam
Nov 27th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Fleemke just pointed out on an other forum.
Venus could be a QUARTER_FINAL matchup for one of the Belgians !!! :eek: :bolt: :unsure: :)

-Ph51-
Nov 27th, 2003, 01:37 PM
Great for the games!Love to see Ai! :)

Paneru
Nov 27th, 2003, 01:39 PM
WOW!!! :eek:

Looks like these biatches really want to try and stop
Venus from getting her golden diamond racquet! ;) :lol:

I say Vee will take it, diamonds seem to be
a real motivator for her! :)

It would be great to see a final between
Venus and Capriati! :worship:

Calvin
Nov 27th, 2003, 02:02 PM
http://www.sport.be/proximusdiamondgames/images/venus.jpg

xcrtbckhnd
Nov 27th, 2003, 02:03 PM
I would love to see Venus win that diamond raquet, but I would also love to see Jennifer win this tourni....I'm torn here!!!

Paneru
Nov 27th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Venus looks so happy here! True Love! (http://www.venusserenafans.com/Forumn/uploads/MDF65904.jpg) :lol:

bandabou
Nov 27th, 2003, 02:26 PM
A qrtr-final: Venus vs a Belgian?! Hmmm, that means no all-Belgian final this time either!

Sammm
Nov 27th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Isn't this tournie becoming a tier 1 in 2005??
Good luck to:
Ai :D
Venus :D

SerialKiller#69
Nov 27th, 2003, 03:03 PM
Hmmm... This is very interesting.

Fight it out girls. Go Kim, Jen and Justine.;)

Come-on-kim
Nov 27th, 2003, 04:42 PM
:bounce: No Monica? :sad:

No Jelena?

fleemke
Nov 27th, 2003, 04:56 PM
Lol Pigam ;)

mmmm Semi's are sounding interesting :p maybe I'll go and pay to mucj money for it ;)

And I don't think Venus is going to give it away :)

pigam
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:03 PM
WOW!!! :eek:
It would be great to see a final between
Venus and Capriati! :worship:
No it wouldn't :sad: ;)
Venus-Justine would be great! Dilemma (for me) but great!!! :)

Jericho
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Its gonna be a tough road for Venus, but she is extra motivated to win this tournament...and if she doesnt win it this year, there is always next year and the year after that!!!

pigam
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Its gonna be a tough road for Venus, but she is extra motivated to win this tournament...and if she doesnt win it this year, there is always next year and the year after that!!!
True, but my guess: if she plays this year she wins it ... and ruinate Bob Verbeeck and co :lol:

I really wonder. Would they have guessed someone would/could actually win the racket? Or did they just think "Nice trophy, but noone will prolly actually win it...' :)

Jericho
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:17 PM
I really wonder. Would they have guessed someone would/could actually win the racket? Or did they just think "Nice trophy, but noone will prolly actually win it...' :)

exactly, never involve diamonds with a prize because diamonds are a girls best friend and this is 'Women's' Tennis ;)

maryjane
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:49 PM
Kim said in her diary she'w hav tried to convice the other players...so this is an other proof of her friendship with Jen cuz Jen doesn't like to play to europe,at least not so early in the season!!!

Paneru
Nov 27th, 2003, 06:25 PM
No it wouldn't :sad: ;)
Venus-Justine would be great! Dilemma (for me) but great!!! :)

Yes it would!

I can't remember the last time Venus and jennifer have played each other. The last time i remember was the 01' SF at the US Open.

Sure Venus-Justine would be nice
but many people have been waiting for Venus-Jennifer for quite some time. Everytime they get close to playing each other something always seems to prevent it!

pigam
Nov 27th, 2003, 06:30 PM
True, but it's been quite some time since Justine-Venus have played too.
A Belgian in the final would be nice for the tournament ...
Well, as long as V wins against Cappy, it's fine by me :)

7~LV3
Nov 27th, 2003, 06:38 PM
is it me, or is Jen following ms Venuss every step?

1- Hong kong
2- AO
3- Tokyo ( i TINK i read tat sumwher)
4- Belgium

???

anyways, i hope that they will meet in all of the tournies tey enter together

Diya
Nov 27th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Jennifer for the title :bounce:

tennisIlove09
Nov 27th, 2003, 08:39 PM
I think the only way Venus WON'T get her diamonds is if she's injured :)

bandabou
Nov 27th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Yep....Venus is VERY good at defending most of her titles, so unless Serena suddenly shows up, I think Venus has this kat in the bak!

Martian Willow
Nov 27th, 2003, 10:21 PM
is it me, or is Jen following ms Venuss every step?

1- Hong kong
2- AO
3- Tokyo ( i TINK i read tat sumwher)
4- Belgium

???

anyways, i hope that they will meet in all of the tournies tey enter together

...yes...I am SURE Jennifer is only playing the Australian Open because Venus is... :)

bandabou
Nov 27th, 2003, 10:45 PM
...yes...I am SURE Jennifer is only playing the Australian Open because Venus is... :)

:haha: :rolls: :haha: :rolls:

Shell do all that and the draw will still pit her against Serena all the times. Just you wait and see!

7~LV3
Nov 27th, 2003, 11:40 PM
how willowish of you ;)
she should have been terrified from that 1st round lost u know..:sad:

:D

SammyK
Nov 28th, 2003, 12:21 AM
hehehe welll Jen will be prepared. im sure she has an automatic somewhere (just incase she does come in contact with a wild animal) ...;)

nubienne954
Nov 28th, 2003, 12:53 AM
How about no Belgians in the final and Venus plays someone, maybe Cappy? Venus owns Justine, and while I don't know what her record is against Kim, I can't see Kim beating a healthy and motivated Venus.

sbmh
Nov 28th, 2003, 03:05 AM
Thanks for the great news !
Go Jen, Kim ! :)

Chance
Nov 28th, 2003, 06:07 AM
I noticed that as well, Jist.. that Venus and Jennifer have pretty much the same schedules.

Hopefully in one of these tournaments they will end up facing each other.

bandabou
Nov 28th, 2003, 06:49 AM
With both Venus and Jen playing, a Belgian in the final isnt a certainty...and worse if they both have to meet Venus before the final.

Shuji Shuriken
Nov 28th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Go Venus and take your Diamonds :hearts: :kiss: :worship:....keep rocking in 2004 Venus...I love you girl :worship:

maryjane
Nov 28th, 2003, 01:15 PM
Kim has updated her diary and right today about jen's partecipation to antwerp She says she's glad that Jennifer is going to play in Antwerp and that she's looking forward to the tournament. Knocking off Venus won't be easy but she hopes to do better than last year!

G_Slammed
Nov 28th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Verbeeck hopes this year 120 000 (!!) people will visit the tournament...
He also said "I silently hope Venus won't win the racket."

Crowd will be VERY hostile towards Venus Williams in 04.

nicky
Nov 28th, 2003, 02:02 PM
No they won't. They don't have to pay the diamond racket ;) :p.

They will only cheer against her if she plays Kim or Justine, but that's quite normal, no :)

Chance
Nov 28th, 2003, 02:15 PM
They cheered agaisnt Venus when she played against Hantuchova..... no matter Venus is used to it.

justine&coria
Nov 28th, 2003, 02:23 PM
With both Venus and Jen playing, a Belgian in the final isnt a certainty...and worse if they both have to meet Venus before the final.

You're talking nonsense : Justine and Kim will each one be in one half of the draw !!
If Venus is in Justine's draw, she can only meet Kim in the finals !!!

I'd prefer Justine to win it next year, but I wouldn't mind if Venus win, because she's so much wanted this racket !!

lizchris
Nov 28th, 2003, 02:36 PM
Mayve it's me, but I think it is kind of rude and disrepsectful for a tournament director to hope someone, who has decided to play a tournament and be a guest in his country, doesn't win a tournament. I hope Venus wins because chances are if she does, that will be the last time she plays there.

Juju_fan
Nov 28th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Mayve it's me, but I think it is kind of rude and disrepsectful for a tournament director to hope someone, who has decided to play a tournament and be a guest in his country, doesn't win a tournament. I hope Venus wins because chances are if she does, that will be the last time she plays there.
Geez, people take things too seriously... Have you never heard about 2nd degree humour?
He said it as a joke, he didn't mean to be disrespectful toward Venus. He just wanted to point out that a Belgian win in the tournament would be quite cool too ;) (esp. commercially speaking, don't forget the tournament is held in Belgium, people want to see a Belgian winner sometime ;) )
Hey, the guy had Venus on the phone yesterday, he said she told him she was nearly 100% fit :)

As for the diamond racquet, they have an insurance on it, so the people who will be disappointed if Venus wins are the ones from the insurance company :rolleyes:

As for Venus being booed in Antwerp, this is soooo bullshit, Venus is appreciated in Belgium, she's considered a big champion! She also said numerous times that she loved to play in Antwerp.

Some Williams fans try to find anything to diss Belgium lately :rolleyes:

tfannis
Nov 28th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Crowd will be VERY hostile towards Venus Williams in 04.

:rolleyes: So how many times have you been to the Proximus Diamond Games....the crowd is never hostile lol...not more than any other crowd :o
They cheer for Kim and Justine and when they play Venus they are cheering louder and some do it in a disrespectful way but certainly not the majority...and the two times Venus won the tournament she got a standing ovation and loud cheering so don't state things please lol :tape: Ask Venus how much she dislikes Antwerp and the tournament, then speak again :rolleyes:

lizchris
Nov 28th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Geez, people take things too seriously... Have you never heard about 2nd degree humour?
He said it as a joke, he didn't mean to be disrespectful toward Venus. He just wanted to point out that a Belgian win in the tournament would be quite cool too ;) (esp. commercially speaking, don't forget the tournament is held in Belgium, people want to see a Belgian winner sometime ;) )
Hey, the guy had Venus on the phone yesterday, he said she told him she was nearly 100% fit :)

As for the diamond racquet, they have an insurance on it, so the people who will be disappointed if Venus wins are the ones from the insurance company :rolleyes:

As for Venus being booed in Antwerp, this is soooo bullshit, Venus is appreciated in Belgium, she's considered a big champion! She also said numerous times that she loved to play in Antwerp.

Some Williams fans try to find anything to diss Belgium lately :rolleyes:

I don't have a problem wiht Belgium; I do have a problem with Justine, who is from the country.

There are tournaments held in America, but I don't remember hearing any American tournament directors saying they want to see an American win, but then again, no Beligan has dominated an American tournament.

I don't know aobut Venus being booed in Antwerp and I really don't care; all I care about is that she silences the crowd when she converts match point.

per4ever
Nov 28th, 2003, 03:11 PM
Venus is very popular in Antwerp...where do you get those stupid stories? :rolleyes:

tfannis
Nov 28th, 2003, 03:18 PM
I don't know aobut Venus being booed in Antwerp and I really don't care; all I care about is that she silences the crowd when she converts match point.

I'm sure the crowd will cheer even louder than the first two times she won when she receives her racket...she'll have to break a leg or something to silence the crowd :tape:
As per4ever said....Venus is popular in Antwerp.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Nov 28th, 2003, 03:19 PM
This is by far my most favorite tournament other than the Grand Slams.

For 2003, I was most nervous with this one, because I really really really really want Venus to win! :)

Paneru
Nov 28th, 2003, 03:55 PM
True, but it's been quite some time since Justine-Venus have played too.
A Belgian in the final would be nice for the tournament ...
Well, as long as V wins against Cappy, it's fine by me :)

It's only been about 9 1/2 months since
Venus and Justine have played each other.
But it's been almost 2 years and 3 months
since Venus and Jennifer have played each other.

Either match-up would be great but if I'd have to
choose one it'd be Venus and Jennifer! :worship:

Jericho
Nov 28th, 2003, 04:53 PM
my friend who actually watched it live told me that there were boos and clapping between first and second serves...i even remember the belgian fans talking about it last year

pigam
Nov 28th, 2003, 06:41 PM
Well I've been @ V's matches. two times she played a final agianst a Belgian. You guys (Americans, If I may generalize) don't seem to get how TINY our country is !!! It like... the size of an average american city :eek: ?! Justine and Kim ar 'heroes' over here... they were (and prolly -let's be honest- will be) the underdog when they face Venus. The whole public is Behind them. Please let them. For once. No Walloonia, No Flanders. Blegium behind their tennis-stars. Thos doesn't mean they should be disrespectful towards Venus,... but there is allways a warm-uo for the audience, a guy who tells the public they should be polite but also that they should YELL and stamp their feet as hard as they can!! I think it's great. And I can tell you, when Venus won the racket last year and she 'held it in her arms'. The public was going crazy!!! Beeing there just send chills down my spine... I'm sure Venus felt the same way!

bandabou
Nov 28th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Of course, after the way Venus beat Kim...there wasnt much the crowd could do.

The booing was bad-form, but yeah...things like that can happen. I think the crowd do love Venus.

darrinbaker00
Nov 28th, 2003, 07:40 PM
I'm just glad the right Williams sister is in contention to win the diamond racquet. I love Serena, but if she won it, she'd probably design a matching outfit and try to play with it. GO QUEEN VENUS!! ;)

crazillo
Nov 28th, 2003, 07:45 PM
well, does someone have a complete entry list????????

tfannis
Nov 28th, 2003, 08:04 PM
my friend who actually watched it live told me that there were boos and clapping between first and second serves...i even remember the belgian fans talking about it last year

Well lol...you have to realize this tournament is sold out during the final stages...10 000 people every day..0,5 % of that crowd, 50 people clap after a first serve fault, viewers, especially the die hart Williams-fans, will call that crowd hostile....while 99,5 % is cheering Venus as if it was a Belgian standing their with the diamond racket...
Please don't generalize, you find rotten apples everywhere...if you've been there you would know...I was at the Venus-Justine final two years ago and I got chills down my spine when Venus got her standing ovation.The Belgian crowd is very enthousiastic, sometimes a bit too much ;), but certainly...CERTAINLY....not hostile :eek:

bandabou
Nov 28th, 2003, 08:20 PM
In any case it was NOWHERE close to what they did to Serena at RG.

tfannis is right, there are rotten-tomatoes, apples, everywhere. No need to generalize.