PDA

View Full Version : Whose fitter, ATP or WTA?

mimbari24
Nov 27th, 2003, 01:10 AM
Could Andy, Roger, or Carlos, beat Venus, Henin, Serena, or Kim in a sprint? Long distance?

Havok
Nov 27th, 2003, 02:10 AM
ATP hands down. it's no contest. in order to be in top 10 on the ATP circuit, you need to be in very good shape.

skanky~skanketta
Nov 27th, 2003, 02:31 AM
atp is much fitter. but kim would beat agassi in a sprint. so would serena and venus.but andre rocks!:kiss:

mimbari24
Nov 27th, 2003, 03:05 AM
How does the ATP compare to other male sports though? I tend to think they aren't as fit as other male athletes where as the BIG FOUR all rank up there with their counterparts in other sports.

tennisIlove09
Nov 27th, 2003, 03:17 AM
I dunno. Men vs. Women in a sprint? It would be interesting. Venus, Serena, Kim...IMO are the only women that would have a chance to keep up. Venus would have the biggest ad, because of her LONG strides.

decemberlove
Nov 27th, 2003, 04:21 AM
kim, serena, and venus could never keep up with the top men in tennis. PLEASE. women are far behind in men in most every sport. particularly running.

faboozadoo15
Nov 27th, 2003, 04:40 AM
players like roger will never get credit for their fitness... but a play like hewitt who doesn't hit the ball as hard will get the credit. i'll tell you this... lleyton is SO out of shape right now-- it's pretty obvious why his game has slipped. check the atp site. pics of him practicing. lol-- he had a forming gut and bitch tits. mark philippousis has never been in good shape-- he's a fatass, if you ask me. mardy fish is in horrible shape, so are a lot of the men. the ones at the top, however, are always going to be better athletes than the women. i think the average players in both sides are comparable though... ive never seen the guys as "super fit" and certainly not the women. at least as far as bulk is concerned. that isn't really advantageous in tennis.

fortpegs
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:02 AM
lol @ Lleyton's bitch tits! hahaha! I noticed that too, Kimmy must be sucking on his nips too hard! ;)

Rtael
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:31 AM
players like roger will never get credit for their fitness... but a play like hewitt who doesn't hit the ball as hard will get the credit. i'll tell you this... lleyton is SO out of shape right now-- it's pretty obvious why his game has slipped. check the atp site. pics of him practicing. lol-- he had a forming gut and bitch tits. mark philippousis has never been in good shape-- he's a fatass, if you ask me. mardy fish is in horrible shape, so are a lot of the men. the ones at the top, however, are always going to be better athletes than the women. i think the average players in both sides are comparable though... ive never seen the guys as "super fit" and certainly not the women. at least as far as bulk is concerned. that isn't really advantageous in tennis.

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V3/L0/S57/E5337/sport_Lng0_Spo57_Evt5337_Sto512324.shtml

Looks pretty damn hot to me... :scratch:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:34 AM
There are top male players who occasionally show a little gut... Nalbandian is an example, although not a great one since he's rather barrel chested anyways.

James Blake had problems with his fitness a couple years ago, hence his cramping and failing in long matches.

Andre had an infamous "Taco Bell" period...

The men can get away with having a little bit of gut easier than the women though.... since they are generally more muscular, I suppose it's less obvious?

Crazy Canuck
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:35 AM
An example of a male player in fantastic shape: Schuettler.

Andre fit the bill at the start of this year, and likely will again in Oz.

faboozadoo15
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:45 AM
uhhh mark has a lot of fat... that link just proves it...
i can't account for your personal taste (thank god).

Crazy Canuck
Nov 27th, 2003, 06:42 AM
Mark has been as much as 20 pounds too heavy in the past, and he's said so himself.

Chance
Nov 27th, 2003, 06:54 AM
faboozadoo15, what's your definition of fat? Because I seriously can't see 'a lot of fat' in that pic...

mimbari24 , Andy, Roger and Carlos would beat Venus, Henin, Serena, and Kim in a sprint and in a long distance race.

hey_britney
Nov 27th, 2003, 07:03 AM
What a stupid topic. The top women could not hope to be as quick as their male counterparts.