PDA

View Full Version : Which william's sister do you like better Venus or Serena?

selesadmirer
Nov 26th, 2003, 02:01 AM
Im just interested to see who is more popular on this messageboard? :)

bandabou
Nov 26th, 2003, 02:06 AM
I like them both, but Serena is my bigger fav.

space
Nov 26th, 2003, 02:13 AM
Can't you find anything better to do. Go read a book.

PointBlank
Nov 26th, 2003, 02:14 AM
Both :)

DA'BOMB
Nov 26th, 2003, 02:18 AM
I really like them both but for different reasons.
Venus :angel: reminds me of myself...self-confident, poised, cool, calm and collected :hatoff:.
Serena :devil: reminds me of the person I would like to be....kick a** and take names later--and doesn't care whose feelings are hurt :kiss:.

xr6turbo
Nov 26th, 2003, 03:26 AM
I like them both in different ways.

But over the past year or so i have been gunning for Venus!! :dance:

But i love them both. :angel: :kiss:

bandabou
Nov 26th, 2003, 03:42 AM
Man, no one loves Serena, safe me!

PointBlank
Nov 26th, 2003, 07:35 AM
I voted Serena for you bandabou , even though it goes against me princaples on not picking between them :lol:

Alan
Nov 26th, 2003, 07:40 AM
Venus!!! ;)

Knizzle
Nov 26th, 2003, 07:41 AM
I like them equally. That should be an option.

tennisIlove09
Nov 26th, 2003, 08:08 AM
Venus.

And here's my theory as to why: I saw Venus win Wimbledon 2000. That's when I became her #1 fan. Had I seen Serena win the 99 Open, I'm sure she'd be my #1. (I have seen the 99 Open, but I saw it afterwards)

LucasArg
Nov 26th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Venus is my favorite but i am a fan of them both and I miss them A LOT!

Paneru
Nov 26th, 2003, 12:56 PM
Venus is my favorite simply because I can relate more with her being the older sibling and her attitude, demeanor, and sense of humor are similar to mine. Venus maybe my favorite but I love them both!

Linzi
Nov 26th, 2003, 01:00 PM
I like both but i prefer Serena cos of her attitude. Venus' attitude is great but i think Serena's attitude and determination to do whatever is takes to win is the best on the tour.

Kart
Nov 26th, 2003, 01:04 PM
I like Venus more :hearts: :lick: :inlove:.

calabar
Nov 26th, 2003, 01:12 PM
I love 'em equally, however, I will root for one or the other depending on the circumstance. Right now Venus is behind so I am rooting for her. No one was pulling harder for Serena than I was when sh won the French and Wimby in '02.

May they continue to meet in finals and alternate victories. That would be my ultimate as a fan of BOTH.

Cal

space
Nov 26th, 2003, 01:14 PM
I like both but i prefer Serena cos of her attitude. Venus' attitude is great but i think Serena's attitude and determination to do whatever is takes to win is the best on the tour.

Yea, Serena is a go getter. I remember that swim suit spread in the Sports Illustrated she was the one who called them and said she wanted to go the swim suit spread. Anything Serena wants she gets all she has to do is pick the phone up and make that call.

DA FOREHAND
Nov 26th, 2003, 01:24 PM
VENUS!

Serena

selesfan
Nov 26th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Serena :)

Renee
Nov 26th, 2003, 01:41 PM
Love them both. But there's just something about Venus that tugs at my heart:)

The Crow
Nov 26th, 2003, 02:05 PM
Venus

fleemkeģ
Nov 26th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Serena :)

Infiniti2001
Nov 26th, 2003, 03:03 PM
Since Magic Johnson, I tried so hard not to get emotionally attached to sports personalities , but that Venus Williams :hearts: left me no choice... There's something about her which draws you in.. she has poise, :hearts: a quiet strength, :kiss: controls her emotions :hearts: and she is a fabulous tennis player. :bounce: :bounce: On the otherhand I like Serena only because of her big sis ;)

xr6turbo
Nov 26th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Since Magic Johnson, I tried so hard not to get emotionally attached to sports personalities , but that Venus Williams :hearts: left me no choice... There's something about her which draws you in.. she has poise, :hearts: a quiet strength, :kiss: controls her emotions :hearts: and she is a fabulous tennis player. :bounce: :bounce: On the otherhand I like Serena only because of her big sis ;)

I know what u mean!!! :hearts: :kiss:

space
Nov 26th, 2003, 03:12 PM
I love them both. But there's something about Vee.............. :worship:

GoGoMaggie
Nov 26th, 2003, 03:36 PM
don't guys have anything else to say?
"I love them both" haha what a cliche!

Glenn
Nov 26th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Serena. :)

SJW
Nov 26th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Serena.....she has it all and she's emotional

Venus' cold as ice attitude is very cool......but i'm like Serena in lots of different ways

Paneru
Nov 26th, 2003, 04:01 PM

What do you care?!?
Get over it! :p

Bероника
Nov 26th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Always Venus :hearts:

Infiniti2001
Nov 26th, 2003, 05:00 PM

This from someone who starts countless threads about maggi's domination of Venus :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:
:tape:

bandabou
Nov 26th, 2003, 05:09 PM
This from someone who starts countless threads about maggi's domination of Venus :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:
:tape:

Ainīt it funny or what?! :haha: :rolls: :haha: :rolls:

bandabou
Nov 26th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Serena, Serena.....after the three epics she played at the U.S. open ī99 and her reactions! Totally liked her for that. Her screams, her fist-pumps. The competitiveness..

beckermeister
Nov 26th, 2003, 06:05 PM
Venus: Class and poise - one of my five favourites.

Not as crazy about Serena but have to admire her agressive attitude. She's always attacking and trying to win the point - no matter what the score or situation. Wish more of the top players shared this attitude...

harloo
Nov 26th, 2003, 06:24 PM
I like them both equally.

But Serena is just my kind of woman. :drool: She is just alot like me personality wise also.

I actually think older Williams fans prefer Venus. JMO. I like Venus because she is so regal and classy, strong and confident.

katrientje
Nov 26th, 2003, 07:00 PM
I like them both for different reasons. V for her style, grace and arrogance, also for being so charming and spontaneous in her interviews and speeches.
Serena for her passion and attitude.

Only thing I can say is that I root for Venus when they play eachother, I usually cheer for the underdog

Ballbuster
Nov 26th, 2003, 07:01 PM
= =

Janet
Nov 26th, 2003, 07:15 PM
I like them both equal...............

Josh
Nov 26th, 2003, 07:19 PM
Venus :yippee:

TartarVicario
Nov 26th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Rena , actually I love them all :D

Come-on-kim
Nov 26th, 2003, 10:21 PM
For the game, I prefer Venus and for the personality, I prefer Serena :p So a tought choice! I appreciate both of them, they're great champions

PrincessXENA
Nov 26th, 2003, 10:23 PM
Personality wise-Serena, tennis wise- Serena...attitude wise? Neither.

there both talented girls though and so i guess its not really any different picking eithewr of them.

tennisIlove09
Nov 26th, 2003, 10:24 PM
I'm actually really liking this thread so far :)

SJW
Nov 26th, 2003, 10:24 PM
I like them both equally.

But Serena is just my kind of woman. :drool: She is just alot like me personality wise also.

I actually think older Williams fans prefer Venus. JMO. I like Venus because she is so regal and classy, strong and confident.

naw, Williams fans in general prefer Venus

PrincessXENA
Nov 26th, 2003, 10:27 PM
^ i detest Venus actually and Love Serena, i dunno why though...its just something about Venus that makes me feel akward, i guess shes just not in your face enough and maybe a lil boring (at least for me)

darrinbaker00
Nov 26th, 2003, 10:32 PM
VENUS!!! :hearts: :hearts:

Whenever I see her, the same song always pops into my head: "she's got legs, and she knows how to use them....." Also, I prefer Venus' playing style to Serena's. The Queen doesn't come to the net as often as I would like, but she does come to the net more than the Warrior Princess. ;)

PrincessXENA
Nov 26th, 2003, 10:34 PM
well the warrior princess doesnt take prisoners...;)

SJW
Nov 26th, 2003, 10:37 PM
^ i detest Venus actually and Love Serena, i dunno why though...its just something about Venus that makes me feel akward, i guess shes just not in your face enough and maybe a lil boring (at least for me)

well i guess that wouldn't make you a WILLIAMS FAN then

PrincessXENA
Nov 26th, 2003, 10:38 PM
no, that would make me a WILLIAM fan. ;)

PrincessXENA
Nov 26th, 2003, 10:39 PM
and if i do say so myself, i think ive chosen the right William.

SJW
Nov 26th, 2003, 10:43 PM
ok you got me

i guess you're a fan of a Williams so yea you're a Williams fan

would you class yourself as a "williams fan" though?

PrincessXENA
Nov 26th, 2003, 10:45 PM
i dunno, what kinda membership fee do i have to pay? ;)

SJW
Nov 26th, 2003, 11:00 PM
it's free

you have to take a constant bashing.....but you get the "race card" as part of your membership package

tennisIlove09
Nov 26th, 2003, 11:02 PM
naw, Williams fans in general prefer Venus

Why do you think that is though? Because Venus was on the scene first?

bandabou
Nov 26th, 2003, 11:03 PM
And the more popular Williams on the board is by (almost) unanimous decision: VENUS WILLIAMS!

Receiving more than twice as many votes as the other contestant: Serena Williams! At least in this contest, Venus can beat Serena.

PrincessXENA
Nov 26th, 2003, 11:04 PM
heheh it is huh? wow i dunno sounds kinda like a bare package deal...then again you pay for what you get, right ? ;)

hehe id love to be a member..!

SJW
Nov 26th, 2003, 11:08 PM
Why do you think that is though? Because Venus was on the scene first?

cuz it's true.........

PrincessXENA
Nov 26th, 2003, 11:09 PM
well seeing as were talking about package deals...how much would it cost to take a vacation on your bed? lol from what i hear its quite pricey (at least thats what some say)

SJW
Nov 26th, 2003, 11:10 PM
heheh it is huh? wow i dunno sounds kinda like a bare package deal...then again you pay for what you get, right ? ;)

hehe id love to be a member..!

it's not so bad....i wouldn't have it any other way

SJW
Nov 26th, 2003, 11:12 PM
well seeing as were talking about package deals...how much would it cost to take a vacation on your bed? lol from what i hear its quite pricey (at least thats what some say)

some like who? ;)

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 26th, 2003, 11:37 PM
I love them both...

But...

Because Venus hasn't won a slam in a bit, I've been cheering for her. But I love to watch both play, and I love to watch either sister win.

But I chose Venus :yippee:

Lady
Nov 26th, 2003, 11:49 PM
Venus, she was the first Williams that I started to like ;)
I learned to apreciate Serena later

Jericho
Nov 26th, 2003, 11:50 PM
Venus by a picometer

harloo
Nov 27th, 2003, 12:57 AM
SJW you might be right because their are more Venus only fans than Williams fans, but what I have seen from my experience is older fans like the classical approach of Venus which is more on the line of Lifetime Television. She is very introspective, cultured, and regal.

While on the other hand alot of the younger kids like Serena because of her MTV like style. The gaudy outfits, combined with her sheer power athleticism, and personality is what draws the young lads in.

Fire and Ice Baby!!! ;)

bandabou
Nov 27th, 2003, 03:00 AM
Thatīs the thing I find odd....most Serena-fans like Venus too, but the Venus-fans seem to only like Venus.

A4
Nov 27th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Venus, she was the first Williams that I started to like ;)
I learned to apreciate Serena later

I didn't know you were a Williams fan.

About the question. I preferred Serena right until she became number one, mainly because she had so much talent and seemed to be letting it go waste. Now though I prefer Venus because she seems to be in Serena's earlier position. I hope she wins massively, if only to shut people up about her not being an elite player anymore and not really in the class of......... you know whom!!!!!!!!!

SJW
Nov 27th, 2003, 07:09 AM
Thatīs the thing I find odd....most Serena-fans like Venus too, but the Venus-fans seem to only like Venus.

that stops seeming odd after a while

servenrichie
Nov 27th, 2003, 12:24 PM

What Infiniti said :kiss: :kiss:, but more than that I like Serena for her heart, her agressive tennis and stance. I voted for Serena anyway :)

lilly
Nov 27th, 2003, 02:47 PM
I've got my Venus days and my Serena days, but ever since that great match with Hingis Serena sparks my heart more. For some reason I feel some Venus' loving days coming in the year ahead. Probably the anticipation of some fabulous runs through tournaments! (but please Venus, give Justine a chance in Antwerp, just a chance) But Serena will always be the girl I saw growing right there in front of me and it was so beautiful!

CanadianBoy21
Nov 27th, 2003, 04:00 PM
At the beginning I was a bigger Venus fan, but Serena is more of a fighter I think, she has something that I like about her. So Serena now.

bandabou
Nov 27th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Anyone who saw Serenaīs reaction after she tied the match against Kim at the Oz open and doesnīt love her, doesnīt know what sportsmanship is about.

That reaction was priceless!

pigam
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:13 PM
Venus by kilometer ;)
I don't know. I've seen her playing live. Like her humour (seems much more 'naturelle' then Serena who is trying too be funny IMHO). Lovely appearence on court. Allways classy, allways in my memory cuz of her brilliant ( :confused: :( ;) :D ) match against Graf in Wimbledon...

Serena. Great player, just don't really like her. Don't know why.

bandabou
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Serena ainīt funny on the court. She just wants to kill her opponent. Nothing funny about that!

pigam
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Serena ainīt funny on the court. She just wants to kill her opponent. Nothing funny about that!
I meant in their on court interviews/press conferences
Venus has a really 'dry humour' I love it!
I find serena not very funny, she wants to be, but she can't touch Venus
IMHO

==> Neither are funny on court

bandabou
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:36 PM
Yeah, thatīs true....the way she mocked Pam at Oprah, that was natural! :lol:

Randy H
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:36 PM
I prefer Venus personally, I just enjoy her personality on and off the court. She is very intelligent, she has a very dry sense of humour that really cracks me up, and I just think that even in interviews you can see that she comes across as a really interesting person. Serena's more in your face, Venus' personality grabs my attention more because she does things in a more subtle way.

harloo
Nov 27th, 2003, 06:45 PM
Now though I prefer Venus because she seems to be in Serena's earlier position. I hope she wins massively, if only to shut people up about her not being an elite player anymore and not really in the class of......... you know whom!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I agree, because even though Serena is who I prefer, I started off with Venus and it just hurts me to see her lose all those slam finals. I have a feeling she will have a good year in 2004.

AndyLoefflerCaro
Nov 27th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Rena, because she is a WINNER.

tfannis
Nov 27th, 2003, 06:54 PM
Venus!! by far :eek: I like her...when she's doing her icequeen thingy on court lol :worship: Showing no emotions untill she wins and then performing her deerlike dance :worship: kinda special ;)

Serena on the other hand....I don't like her smile and I don't like her attitude on court...too Hollywood lol :o

bandabou
Nov 27th, 2003, 07:04 PM
How can you be Hollywood on court?! If you say off-court, then agree...but on court?! :scratch:

tfannis
Nov 27th, 2003, 11:14 PM
How can you be Hollywood on court?! If you say off-court, then agree...but on court?! :scratch:

Serena vs. Amélie at Roland Garros '03....she acted as if she was rambo lol...or Scar :o
Us Open final '02 against her sister...making faces as if she was surprised or something when Venus couldn't reach a ball
and so on....it looks so fake :confused:

bandabou
Nov 27th, 2003, 11:19 PM
Oh like that...hahahaha, yeah...I found it a bit sad for Momo, all those faces Serena made. Youīre right that was a bit too much or something....

I donīt remember the U.S. open match, so I canīt comment on that one.

joaco
Nov 27th, 2003, 11:59 PM
I actually deslike Venus, but like a little SERENA

Diya
Nov 28th, 2003, 03:06 AM
I like them both :eek: but if I HAD to absolutely choose ONE of them then i'd have to say Serena (just because she and I are born on the EXACT :eek: same day so there has has to be some love for her in my heart )

bandabou
Nov 28th, 2003, 03:14 AM
Me too! Serena is born exact the same day as my mother-in-law!! Canīt not love her!

ĪCharlDaĪ
Nov 28th, 2003, 03:48 AM
Venus and it will always be! She is so gracious, so athletic and so talented!!!! I love her!

And she is born the day before me ;)

skanky~skanketta
Nov 28th, 2003, 03:55 AM
i love both. but at the moment i'm cheering venus more cuz girlfriend hasnt won a slam in what seems like decades!but when she starts winning, i'll cheer serena more. kinda like the belgians. i love both, but right now, kim's the one i'm cheering, cuz justine already won 2 slams.

bandabou
Nov 28th, 2003, 04:06 AM
So many people have links with the birthdays of them girls! Curious!

Lady
Dec 7th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Similar topic to Kim vs Justine!!

So it seems Venus & Kim are loved more then their "opponents". ;)
Interesting fact that girls who achived more so far(Serena & Justine) (Don't get me wrong Venus achieved more then Justine so far)
are liked less, it's seems kinda weird for me :confused: