PDA

View Full Version : Arantxa "NO" Olympics

Hercules
Nov 25th, 2003, 05:27 PM
A great new !!!

Arantxa won´t play at the Olympics. She said it to the Spain President Jose María Aznar

gmak
Nov 25th, 2003, 05:31 PM
:rolleyes:

ptkten
Nov 25th, 2003, 05:32 PM
Well even though I would have loved to see her play again, I think she took the high road on this one so that there wouldn't be controversy which was bound to happen if she wanted to play.

I wouldn't care if she changed her mind again though ;)

PointBlank
Nov 25th, 2003, 05:41 PM
:sad:ASV:sad:

Bette_Midler
Nov 25th, 2003, 05:53 PM
A great new !!!

Arantxa won´t play at the Olympics. She said it to the Spain President Jose María Aznar

she said to her prefer paddle s partner :hearts:

btw: in July, 2000 serna/martinez def. aznar/sanchez vicario
in three sets :eek: :eek:

TartarVicario
Nov 25th, 2003, 07:25 PM
Arantxa,U're always in my heart :sad:

nitsansh
Nov 25th, 2003, 07:48 PM
For the record... Aznar is prime-minister, not president!

Soch
Nov 25th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Great news

Julian
Nov 25th, 2003, 08:21 PM
:sad:

I guess miracles dont occur often..I miss u Arantxa SO MUCH!

anabel
Nov 25th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Great new for Conchi fans. :)

I want Conchita / Vivi in doubles.

Jakub
Nov 25th, 2003, 09:27 PM
A great new !!!

i would say no to such a people as you

Hercules
Nov 25th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Ay, y ahora viene la niña esta a decirme que Aznar es primer ministro, a ver si va a saber ella más que yo. A ver como lo digo en inglés...

AZNAR IS THE PRESIDENT, NOT THE PRIMER-MINISTER. Don´t teach me things about Spain

SAY NO TO ASV AT OLYMPICS

propi
Nov 25th, 2003, 10:41 PM
I only hope Vivi and her partner (Conchi or Serna) will manage to bring a gold meddal to Spain :D

Daniel
Nov 25th, 2003, 10:45 PM
I think Vivi and her partner will take the ogld medal to spain :yeah:

Cutura
Nov 25th, 2003, 11:05 PM
Aznar IS prime-minister. He can't be president, cause Spain is kingdom!!!!!!

propi
Nov 25th, 2003, 11:08 PM
Aznar IS prime-minister. He can't be president, cause Spain is kingdom!!!!!!
You can call as you want, the charge of Prime Minister doesn't exist in Spain, Aznar is Presidente del Gobierno---->President of the government

Bette_Midler
Nov 25th, 2003, 11:24 PM
You can call as you want, the charge of Prime Minister doesn't exist in Spain, Aznar is Presidente del Gobierno---->President of the government

correct propi :worship:

and a f***asshole too

he is the f***** arse licking puppet Bush lover..... :( :fiery:

:topic: sorry :rolleyes: :sad:

Veritas
Nov 25th, 2003, 11:29 PM
Arantxa :sad:

ASV for PM of Spain!!!

Sonf@
Nov 25th, 2003, 11:29 PM
Yeah gabrielle ;) :yeah:

For those who say that Aznar is this and that, if you are not living in Spain, then don't talk, because the ones who live in Spain would know it better than you

Bette_Midler
Nov 25th, 2003, 11:39 PM
ASV for PM of Spain!!!

:speakles::hysteric::scared::unsure:

:worship: SERENA WILLIAMS FOR PM OF SPAIN :worship:

Veritas
Nov 25th, 2003, 11:59 PM
:speakles::hysteric::scared::unsure:

:worship: SERENA WILLIAMS FOR PM OF SPAIN :worship:

NO!

Serena for the President of USA :worship:

Venus for the Queen of England!

Arantxa for the President of Spain!

And Monica for the ruler of the world ;)

Caz
Nov 26th, 2003, 01:13 AM

Just to add, as a native English speaker, what Propi says is true. At least, in all the years I've studied Spanish I've always been taught to translate 'Jose Maria Aznar, Presidente del Gobierno espanol', as 'Spanish President, Jose Maria Aznar'.

Regarding the actual topic of this thread, Im glad ASV has decided not to try to play the Olympics. Even as a big fan of hers I can see that it simply wouldn't be fair for her to try and take away someone else's place on the team. She didn't have to decide to retire, if she wanted to play the Olympics, but she did make that decision and therefore there are now other current players more deserving of a place on the current team than she. Just my opinion.

hey_britney
Nov 26th, 2003, 01:42 AM
Just to add, as a native English speaker, what Propi says is true. At least, in all the years I've studied Spanish I've always been taught to translate 'Jose Maria Aznar, Presidente del Gobierno espanol', as 'Spanish President, Jose Maria Aznar'.

Regarding the actual topic of this thread, Im glad ASV has decided not to try to play the Olympics. Even as a big fan of hers I can see that it simply wouldn't be fair for her to try and take away someone else's place on the team. She didn't have to decide to retire, if she wanted to play the Olympics, but she did make that decision and therefore there are now other current players more deserving of a place on the current team than she. Just my opinion.

That's more than true. She's also been fortunate enough to participate in 3 other Olympic games (Four? Did she play in Seoul '88?). It's time to give others a chance.

Manu79
Nov 26th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Arantxa :sad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lol por lo del Presidente :p

No viene a cuento, pero Presidente o primer ministro sólo le quedan menos de 4 meses What a pity!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sonf@
Nov 26th, 2003, 08:46 AM
That's more than true. She's also been fortunate enough to participate in 3 other Olympic games (Four? Did she play in Seoul '88?). It's time to give others a chance.

Yes, she played. She appeared in Spanish interviews saying that she could get a silver medal :lol:

She lost in the first round to Sabrina Goles 4-6 2-6.

hey_britney
Nov 26th, 2003, 08:49 AM
Yes, she played. She appeared in Spanish interviews saying that she could get a silver medal :lol:

She lost in the first round to Sabrina Goles 4-6 2-6.

Well, Arantxa never lacked for confidence.

spiceboy
Nov 26th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Yeah gabrielle ;) :yeah:

For those who say that Aznar is this and that, if you are not living in Spain, then don't talk, because the ones who live in Spain would know it better than you

So just because I'm not living in the US I can't say Bush is an asshole? :confused: :confused:

Don't be such a hypocrite, sonfy :kiss:

Kart
Nov 26th, 2003, 09:19 AM
ASV :sad:

Probably a wise choice though.

azza
Nov 26th, 2003, 09:35 AM
more better f0r the younger generation really

MS
Nov 26th, 2003, 10:05 AM
I agree with Caz. Arantxa is a great champion, but she decided to quit tennis. And I would find it too unfair that another player that qualifies (if this happened) working all year, has to leave her place to a player who isn't currently playing. I think if Arantxa wanted to play in Athens, she shouldn't have retired, now it's too late for that.

Sonf@
Nov 26th, 2003, 10:57 AM
So just because I'm not living in the US I can't say Bush is an asshole? :confused: :confused:

Don't be such a hypocrite, sonfy :kiss:

I was referring to people saying that Aznar was prime-minister instead of Spanish President and such stuff.

We all know that Aznar is a dumbass and Bush is such a fucking moron

Hercules
Nov 26th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Jaja, fijáos si es importante Arancha que el único tema sobre ella en los últimos meses de lo único que se habla es del cargo de Aznar

Sonf@
Nov 26th, 2003, 12:47 PM
:yeah:

propi
Nov 26th, 2003, 01:18 PM

*smiles proudly*
So many times quoted because I said something right :eek: I'll blush :o