PDA

View Full Version : Favourite moment of 2003

Linzi
Nov 24th, 2003, 06:07 PM
The season is over so we may as well re-live our best moments. Mine was when Justine won her first slam and also the Fed Cup final cos Amelie was so happy after winning.

Whats yours?

paul_masterton
Nov 24th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Karen Paterson making her breakthrough into the top 400

Helen Crook winning her first ever main draw doubles match at Wimbledon and taking on Navratilova in round 2

Lucie Ahl winning a set off Ai Sugiyama at Wimbledon

Going to the DFS Classic and meeting some of my fav players

Nancy playing WTA Events :worship:

fleemke³
Nov 24th, 2003, 06:11 PM
Justine winning Roland Garros :) It was a great moment to see both Belgian girls in the final .. that already was a great moment. I was lucky to be at that final ... and yes it wasn't a good final but there was a great atmosphere at centre court and as a Belgian .. I couldn't loose that saturday ... :)

PointBlank
Nov 24th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Carly Gullikson reaching Memphis Quater-Finals!:)

-Ph51-
Nov 24th, 2003, 06:13 PM
The same because my two favs were playing,but than again,a little disappointed cause the match wasn't great and...well yes,Kim didn't win!

SJW
Serena crying after the Serena slam
Roger crying at Wimbledon
Andy crying at the open

all the tears

tennisIlove09
Venus showing the fighter she is at Wimbledon

Lady
Nov 24th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Justine's RG victory :)
Justine's US Open victory as well (more Justine's semi win) ;)

bandabou
Nov 24th, 2003, 06:21 PM
Serena completing the Serena-slam and then crying afterwards.

Justine´s speech after winning RG! That was REALLY touching. Showed that dreams can become reality.

And of course: Roger finally winning his Wimbledon.

Linnie
Nov 24th, 2003, 07:30 PM
It's kind of come full circle - Amélie playing her first match (and winning) at the Gaz after recovering from her knee injury, and her final match of the year, winning the Fed Cup for France :D

In between, beating Serena in Rome and beating Justine at the YEC :D

shap_half
Nov 24th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Justine winning the USO Semi. That was just an amazing feeling. Let me tell you as a Justine fan, it was horrific to see Justine that close to losing. I kept screaming at the TV "OK Justine just win this game!!! Just win this game!" and then it turned to "OK bring it up to 5-5 in the second." And then it becamse, "OK Just win this set!!! win this set!!!" and then back to screaming at Justine to just win games and then even it up and then bring it to tie break and then win the match. It was such an exhilirating feeling. The entire match was amazing for me because of all the different types of emotions I felt throughout. I was angry because of Jen's line calls, I was angry when Justine lost the first set, I was nervous when she was about to lose the second set, I was happy when she won the second set, I was angry when she started losing the third set, I was happy when she finally won!!!!

Dirty Sanchez
Nov 24th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Federer winning Wimbledon!!!! :) :bounce:

Allez-H
Nov 24th, 2003, 08:14 PM
Justine winning the French.Her speech was amazing the tears just came by themselves.Two hours after the semi-finals they showed the Belgian fans joy,it was only on that moment that I realised that there was going to be a Belgian Grand Slam winner.Justine winning at Zurich=>it was the reward of a wonderfull season.
I also had tears in my eyes after Justine beat Kim in Berlin,it was an amzing match and the start of a wonderfull season.

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 24th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Anna Kournikova beating Henrieta Nagyova at AUS OPEN

Jelena Dokic beating Chanda, Patty and Kim in one tournament despite her horrible year

Farina Elia Fan
Nov 24th, 2003, 08:19 PM
Farina Elia beating Rubin at Wimbledon!!!! and getting to the Q-Final and taking a set of Clijsters!!

PatM04
Nov 24th, 2003, 09:11 PM
JuJu at the French and Sammy's third round at Wimby:)

Lapin
Nov 24th, 2003, 09:23 PM
http://wwwi.reuters.com/images/2003-11-23T114251Z_01_MOS23D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS.jpghttp://wwwi.reuters.com/images/2003-11-23T114646Z_01_MOS24D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS.jpghttp://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/ap_photo/20031123/all/l984679.jpghttp://www.tiscali.co.uk/sport/galleries/ten/images/large/20031123_14_2743952on017_award.jpg

Kiswana
Nov 24th, 2003, 09:41 PM
My favourite moment was Venus's comeback against Kim at Wimbledon. I was amazed by her determination. It was really an emotional victory and it's one that I've watched often whenever I miss Venus.

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 24th, 2003, 10:14 PM
Venus comeback against Kim @ Wimbledon
Serena comeback against Kim @ Aussie

Although Serena lost to Justine at Roland Garros I will always remember that C'mon scream after winning the second set :)

Rubin def. Justine (It wasn't very recognizable until Justine put up that hand, I was just happy that Chanda destroyed her)

Chanda def. Capriati coming back @ Eastbourne down two match points

All Williams Finals in 03 :)

Serena's tears after her Serena Slam

Roddick vs. El Anaoyui :eek: crazy match!!

Meilen reaching an ITF Final

Maria beating Dokic @ Wimbledon

Dokic finally breaking through at Zurich, even though she beat my all time favourite (Chanda) :)

Venus def. Kim @ Antwerp, I was really worried that day, but realized that the Belgians were no problem for her, on a fast surface.

Serena def. Capriati @ Miami :)

Sonya Jeyaseelan reaching her first MD in I think 2 years

Going to go see the Toronto Final, event though the singles sucked, the doubles final was great :D

and...

2003 IN ITS ENTIRITY

pav
Nov 24th, 2003, 10:36 PM
Vera Z. v Venus R.G.

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 24th, 2003, 10:42 PM
Lots of them, but that moment right at the end of the year when Amelie clinched the Fed Cup for France has to be the best of all. Runner up is Justine's improbable victory in the semi at the USO. Then there's Justine winning her first slam at RG, and Amelie's victory over Serena.

JLDementieva
Nov 24th, 2003, 10:44 PM
When Elena won her first title at Amelia Island beating 3 top 5 players!

billie_jean_king
Nov 25th, 2003, 12:17 AM
Making it to the Fed Cup finals with a crap team because all my top players either hate me, were injured or couldn't be bothered.

¤CharlDa¤
Nov 25th, 2003, 12:39 AM
Venus showing the fighter she is at Wimbledon

Exactly the same!!! I was so happy to see Venus crushing everybody on grass like she always does...too bad in that final :sad:

Diya
Nov 25th, 2003, 12:45 AM
My most fave moment .....uhmmmm lemme think most of them came around the time of the French Open !

1) A few weeks before RG when Justine 'grounded' the 'high flying' Serena " I won't lose a match this year " Williams by pounding her in TWO EASY SETS ! I was following the scores on the internet and i jumped for joy when Justine won ! :woohoo:

2)When Justine again defeated Serena in the SF of the French Open ( thereby silencing the Williams fans/ her critics who said that no one beats either of the sisters twice in a row and definitely not at a GS ) .
The sulking and crying and whining by Serena that followed was sooooooooo ..... :o

3)Since i am Vera Z. fan i just loved when she thrashed Venus Williams in the fourth round and her celebration ( rather the lack of it ) after the match was sooo cool. It was like she was saying " Big deal ? Heck , I have only beaten Venus Williams yet "

4)Jennifer winning her first tournament in a long time was also one of the highpoints of this year !

Leo_DFP
Nov 25th, 2003, 12:58 AM
France winning Fed Cup.

Justine winning her first Grand Slam.

Mary beating Jelena in an amazing comeback in New York.

Lindsay beating Jennifer in Indian Wells in a 3-set classic.

Andrew.
Nov 25th, 2003, 01:33 AM
Mary's comeback against Dokic at the US Open. She showed that she still has it.

xr6turbo
Nov 25th, 2003, 03:39 AM
My most fave moment .....uhmmmm lemme think most of them came around the time of the French Open !

1) A few weeks before RG when Justine 'grounded' the 'high flying' Serena " I won't lose a match this year " Williams by pounding her in TWO EASY SETS ! I was following the scores on the internet and i jumped for joy when Justine won ! :woohoo:

2)When Justine again defeated Serena in the SF of the French Open ( thereby silencing the Williams fans/ her critics who said that no one beats either of the sisters twice in a row and definitely not at a GS ) .
The sulking and crying and whining by Serena that followed was sooooooooo ..... :o

3)Since i am Vera Z. fan i just loved when she thrashed Venus Williams in the fourth round and her celebration ( rather the lack of it ) after the match was sooo cool. It was like she was saying " Big deal ? Heck , I have only beaten Venus Williams yet "

And then Venus and Serena trashed them both at the next GS. :tape: