PDA

View Full Version : Legendary?

shap_half
Nov 24th, 2003, 12:47 AM
Between Justine and Kim who seems MORE POISED to become a legend in the tennis?

ßcoene
Nov 24th, 2003, 12:56 AM
It's hard. You can't predict how their career will continue. Only based on their style of game I would say Justine. She has also created more controversy lately and she is "the little girl who outthinks the powergirls" or she is "the little girl who became a powergirl herself". Both Kim and Justine are very professional and they love the game very much, but Justine has more determination.

bandabou
Nov 24th, 2003, 12:57 AM
Justine has a MAJOR lead on Kim...because Justine already has two slams and she has beaten Kim in both finals. Plus she has beaten Serena at a slam.

shap_half
Nov 24th, 2003, 01:11 AM
well when you look at the legends of the sport often times it's the singles and doubles play that really matter - together. that's why i think nav is more legendary than steffi (doubles and longevity). kim has proven to be good at both while justines has only won 2 doubles titles in her career. justines has two grand slams and MORE Tier Is. Kim has 2 DGS and two YEC and more titles but less Tier I and no GS. Justine is more memorable to me which also adds to the criteria. Justine's BH has been heralded by sooo many people. The notoriety is just above Kim's splits. Justine's matches this year at the GS have been memorable and extremely exciting (with Lindsay at AO, Serena at RG, and Jenn at USO). Kim just doesn't have those going for her as of yet.

So who is MORE POISED: Justine, IMO.

bandabou
Nov 24th, 2003, 01:43 AM
Doubles doesnīt mean THAT much. Steffi and Martina, the disparity was HUGE because Martina DOMINATED at both.

Kim hasnīt!

fifiricci
Nov 24th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Yes but Kim will catch up in the GS stakes soon and then history will remember her, because she is an all rounder and much more charismatic than JHH.

:lol:

bandabou
Nov 24th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Really?!Then why is there so much debate about Martina and Steffi?! You put the number next to each other and only edge Steffi has is in total GSīs and it ainīt even that big. But the gap in the doubles titles is HUGE for Martina....and many consider her more charismatic than Steffi.

nygirl
Nov 24th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Yes but Kim will catch up in the GS stakes soon and then history will remember her, because she is an all rounder and much more charismatic than JHH.

:lol:

If charisma was all it took to be considered a legend the list would be much longer then it is now.

bandabou
Nov 24th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Exactly....then you would get a bunch of Sabatiniīs on the list. Heck, you could even get some deluded Anna fans asking to put her on the list.

irma
Nov 24th, 2003, 11:06 AM
suzanne lenglen that's what I call a legend. let's see what happens in 75 years;)

rikvanlooy
Nov 24th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Between Justine and Kim who seems MORE POISED to become a legend in the tennis?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TO EARLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

to talk about this things.

I will be happy if both combined will have achieved more than Hingis on her own.

GS finals : 6 versus 12
GS wins : 2 versus 5
WTA Championships : 2 versus 2
number of weeks number one : 15 versus more than 200
money : 13 million versus 17 million
number of tournaments : more than 40 versus more than 50
number of TI tournaments : 8 versus 15

Still a few years to go, but because they are with two the gap is fast getting smaller (think about the 17 wins this year versus the 12 of Hingis in 1997)

Kart
Nov 24th, 2003, 11:17 AM
Justine is blatantly more poised at the moment.

BTW there is only one Sabatini that matters and she's a legend already.

fifiricci
Nov 24th, 2003, 11:33 AM
If charisma was all it took to be considered a legend the list would be much longer then it is now.

Lets wait and see shall we? Many words have been written about Kim being a "choker" when it comes to GSs. Believe it or not, Andre Agassi lost his first 3 GS finals, but no-one in their right mind would dare call him a choker to his face these days! No, everyone describes him as a legend.

I'll eat my words in a few years if Kim is still slamless, okay? Charisma IS part of the package too.

jimbo mack
Nov 24th, 2003, 11:35 AM
They're both legends already!! :D

space
Nov 24th, 2003, 02:32 PM
It's hard. You can't predict how their career will continue. Only based on their style of game I would say Justine. She has also created more controversy lately and she is "the little girl who outthinks the powergirls" or she is "the little girl who became a powergirl herself". Both Kim and Justine are very professional and they love the game very much, but Justine has more determination.

Justine is NOT professional.

Juju_fan
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:21 PM
And you are... ? :rolleyes:

-Ph51-
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Could you tell me why?

saki
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Could you tell me why?

Do you have to ask? Clearly, it's because she's a dirty rotten cheat who beats darling sweet Kimmie all the time. :rolleyes: You clearly haven't been paying enough attention.

The answer: Justine, unless injury or something else strikes. She's simply a higher calibre player than Kim. She plays attacking, high risk tennis with lots of variety. When it goes wrong, it goes wrong, but when it goes right she can beat anyone. Allez!

Linzi
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Both have got to long to go before either can remotely be considered a tennis legend. At the moment, Justine is way in front but in a couple of yrs time who knows what might happen.

-Ph51-
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:56 PM
They both are great players and have both a great future. :hearts:

shap_half
Nov 24th, 2003, 08:36 PM
That's what I'm saying thoug. No one can be sure about the future and so I ask who is more 'poised' to become a legendary figure in tennis. Surely no one immediately thought Nav was going to become this huge after winning her first or second Slam.

PatM04
Nov 24th, 2003, 08:40 PM
Justine right now but if Kim gets it together and starts to win slams then it could be anyone.

SJW
Nov 24th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Kim just cuz i know you started this thread to hear a million and one "Justine"s :D

shap_half
Nov 24th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Well I actually didn't. :)
I consider Doubles GS to count for something as well and in the doubles department, Kim is leaps and bounds ahead of Justine. And even with singles Kim still has more titles. Justine has the singles GS.

bandabou
Nov 24th, 2003, 08:46 PM
Justine has the inside-track...plus she has an easier time to keep winning slams, than Kim. Kim is better on hardcourts and indoors, but the Williamses rule on hardcourts and there is no indoor-slam. She can play on clay, but she canīt beat Justine on clay. Itīs gonna be tough.

SJW
Nov 24th, 2003, 08:49 PM
i'm sorry but dubs doesn't really mean that much anymore......Kim is like the only top player who plays regularly.

i base all careers on singles (maybe i shouldn't). in that case, Steffi beats Martina N hands down, and Justine is in the driving seat vs Kim

Brαm
Nov 24th, 2003, 09:16 PM
Do you have to ask? Clearly, it's because she's a dirty rotten cheat who beats darling sweet Kimmie all the time. :rolleyes: You clearly haven't been paying enough attention.

The answer: Justine, unless injury or something else strikes. She's simply a higher calibre player than Kim. She plays attacking, high risk tennis with lots of variety. When it goes wrong, it goes wrong, but when it goes right she can beat anyone. Allez!
Why are you bringing Kim into this? :rolleyes:
space wasn't talking about her in his post, if I read it correctly.