PDA

View Full Version : OMG...ESPN is showing...

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 23rd, 2003, 10:07 PM
...The 2003 Scrabble Champs....:bounce:

:rolleyes:

On a weekend that our girls went all the way to Russia to rep our country...the fuckwads are showing scrabble...They could show it taped...And these fucking scrabble losers are so focused and so into this bullshit you would think they are Shaq or Jordan...:rolleyes: Dont get me wrong...I enjoy a good game of scrabble...but on ESPN? What tha fuck... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AjdeNate!
Nov 23rd, 2003, 10:09 PM
They show the 8th Grade Spelling bee too from time to time... and I actually enjoy watching that. :o

MisterQ
Nov 23rd, 2003, 10:15 PM
Those Scrabble players are as dedicated as any tennis player. A lot of them basically throw their lives away to study for those things, sometimes quitting or getting fired from their jobs because of it. But what they have memorized and can do is amazing. It's both impressive and sad at all at once...

azza
Nov 23rd, 2003, 10:21 PM
Oh my fucking god :o:o:o :haha:

Ted of Teds Tennis
Nov 23rd, 2003, 10:43 PM
Most programs like this are what are known as time buys (www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~spst210/Readings/ Sports%20Broadcasting.pdf) -- people actually pay ESPN to get this crap on the air, and arrange for the commercials themselves.

MisterQ
Nov 23rd, 2003, 10:48 PM
Check out "Word Freak" by Stefan Fatsis to find out more about this whole Scrabble "underworld", lol. It's an interesting read, and some of the characters in the book are the ones on ESPN.

harloo
Nov 23rd, 2003, 11:00 PM
No win for USA, no coverage. LOL But it is possible that Nav could of scared them away.

I like some of espn's odd sports.

I like:

women's pool
men's pool
poker tournaments
fishing. rotflmao!!

LeonHart
Nov 24th, 2003, 03:04 AM
Oh please, chess masters: Human vs. Computer is so much more intersting. :D

Brian Stewart
Nov 24th, 2003, 06:46 AM
You should see some of the crap they aired when they were starting out.

Mark Spruce
Nov 24th, 2003, 11:06 AM
LOL I have actually seen ESPN one time put on MUD WRESTLING !!!

:banghead: :sport:

regards

Mark

azza
Nov 24th, 2003, 01:39 PM
http://216.40.249.192/s/contrib/geno/kotzen.gif

miranda_lou
Nov 24th, 2003, 03:47 PM
The Fed Cup was on The Tennis Channel, from the first serve until the end and is being repeated tonight and tomorrow night. :kiss:

TTC bought the rights to it and, even if ESPN wanted to show it, they couldn't. So don't blame them. :rolleyes:

I know not everybody has TTC, and that's too bad, but keep calling your cable provider and hound them until they do get it. :mad:

TTC will also be showing two or three tournaments leading up to the Aussie Open.

I love The Tennis Channel. :angel: