PDA

View Full Version : Evie and Sam

azza
Nov 23rd, 2003, 02:33 PM
They have been playing Very VERY poorly latley before the Aussie challengers Evie was ranked bout 115th now is at a misreble 129th and sam she was about 138th and now is at taunting 153rd this recent slump has got be very pissed off and concerned for australian womens tennis in the future does anyone know and whats happening to Evie and Sam

:sobbing:

azza
Nov 23rd, 2003, 05:28 PM
omg its 5:30am and im still not asleep :o

broncosven
Nov 23rd, 2003, 08:48 PM
both girls have probably physically and mentally fatigued

Sams 1st year on tour she has played alot but really only had a few good showings

Evie is playing way to much and sometimes a bad schedule, while she plays good soemtmes other times it leaves us wondering what the hell she is doing

hopefully they will both remember how to play soon

azza
Nov 23rd, 2003, 09:26 PM
actually im wrong lol evie is playing O.K her losing scores in the challengers are mostly something like 7-5 3-6 7-6 or 4-6 6-4 7-6 or even 7-6 7-5

she has been very close on alot of occasions if u look at how she has lost u will see that she probebly just coulndt close it out or something

but sam :o her scores are ridiculis :sad:

Vicky88
Nov 23rd, 2003, 10:06 PM
Evie's losses have been close, however it has to be taken into account that she has been inside the Top 100 and she is only playing at the Challenger level and is losing to players that are ranked way below her. To me it's irrelevant if she loses in 3 sets by a tiebreaker, the fact is she is unable to close out matches.

I'm just hoping that this is a temporary blip on the radar for her, as when I watched her against Venus at the FO she really put it out there.

Bros, as you say, her scheduling does not seem to be the best. I think one thing TA should address, is helping these girls work out where it would be most advantageous for them to play, taking into account their ranking and possible points earnt. I don't understand why the Oz girls don't play more lower Tier events in the hope of getting a good draw and a few easier points. I can't see the point of getting into Tier 1's and losing in first round of qualifying. I think getting thru the first round of the MD in a Tier V would be more helpful as it would give greater points and a bit of matchplay and hopefully confidence.

azza
Nov 24th, 2003, 04:53 AM
she plays alot of tournie a year 26

SpikeyAidanm
Nov 24th, 2003, 04:56 AM
Stosur is kinda in a sopomore slump of late, but I guess we all had too high expectations of her after her Aussie Open run.

Not everyone peaks when they are 18 anyway... She has plenty of years left, so let's keep optimistic... :D

azza
Nov 24th, 2003, 04:58 AM
:bigwave: spikey

TS
Nov 24th, 2003, 04:58 AM
For someone of her ranking, 26 tourns is about right. Most players in her position often play up to and over 30 a year.

I think they are both going to get a big wake up call in the next few months when they find themselves ranked below 200.

SpikeyAidanm
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:01 AM
azza :bigwave: You just woke up :speakles: :lol: lol

Neways, just look at Hewitt's 1998 year, great start, lacklustre rest of the year.... however he got better and better fromm 1999-to today (well not this year..but...)

Stosur is without doubt top 50 material... It just takes time ;) :D

AUSBOY
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:10 AM
both girls have probably physically and mentally fatigued

Sams 1st year on tour she has played alot but really only had a few good showings

Evie is playing way to much and sometimes a bad schedule, while she plays good soemtmes other times it leaves us wondering what the hell she is doing

hopefully they will both remember how to play soon

Exhausted my arse! Evie had played only 4 tournaments from Wimbledon to the start of these challengers!

Both girls are in for a rude shock after Aust Open 2004 unless they can have a miracle form reversal at the Aust Open!

louloubelle
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:19 AM
Both have glaring weaknesses in their games. But when they are on these weaknesses don't seem so bad and can be hidden by their strengths. But when both are low in confidence these weaknesses look huge.

Evie - suspect temperment, 2nd serve & flicky backhand - doesn't seem so bad when her first serve is firing and she's able to hit her big forehand.
Sam - stiff backhand and her extreme forehand grip makes this shot so unpredictable. It's hard to read what her temperment is like - I wonder if sometimes she retreats into her shell. Again her fantastic serve when on makes her groundies that much easier to hit.

It's get to a point when they have work on these weaknesses so as they stand up to the rigours of the tour. Yes it's confidence and all that.... but you can't be guaranteed to feel fantastic and confident everyday of the year. Therefore hours of work and training ensures that atleast your game has some resilience and doesn't break down after the first sign of pressure.

SpikeyAidanm
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:20 AM
IMO, out of the two.

Sam has greater potential

azza
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:26 AM
lets hope for a decent 2nd round+ showing for evie and sam at the AO :worship:

and hoping sam gets Martinez again :kiss: :p

TS
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:28 AM
Well she is about 4 years younger, so of course she should be seen as the one with greater potential...

She has a more complete game than Evie I feel, but as louloubelle said the weaknesses in both their games are fairly obvious when you watch them play. I honestly wonder how much they train (not just these two, but all our girls, with the exception of Alicia and Nicole of course), and what the hell their coaches have to say?!?!

louloubelle
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:35 AM
Well she is about 4 years younger, so of course she should be seen as the one with greater potential...

She has a more complete game than Evie I feel, but as louloubelle said the weaknesses in both their games are fairly obvious when you watch them play. I honestly wonder how much they train (not just these two, but all our girls, with the exception of Alicia and Nicole of course), and what the hell their coaches have to say?!?!

I read somewhere from nicrotis tiger (hopefully I got that right) that Evie's had 6 coaches since she's been on tour. No wonder her game looks all over the shop.

It's working hard and using your training time effectively. I could see Evie training for 6 hours, but spending 3 of that throwing her racquet everywhere.

SpikeyAidanm
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:46 AM
Evie would make a great tennis host show nonetheless, did anyone see her work on Seven after her win against Kremer dis year at Aus :lol: :bigclap:

TS
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:53 AM
I read somewhere from nicrotis tiger (hopefully I got that right) that Evie's had 6 coaches since she's been on tour. No wonder her game looks all over the shop.

It's working hard and using your training time effectively. I could see Evie training for 6 hours, but spending 3 of that throwing her racquet everywhere.

:lol:

Spikey - yes I did...she did a great job and really got into it. Bruce was impressed. Although she has to improve her speech, because it's a bit too 'ocker' at times. But hey Liz Smylie made it as a commentator and look how she talks :D

SpikeyAidanm
Nov 24th, 2003, 06:27 AM

Spikey - yes I did...she did a great job and really got into it. Bruce was impressed. Although she has to improve her speech, because it's a bit too 'ocker' at times. But hey Liz Smylie made it as a commentator and look how she talks :D

Smylie is so predictable:

"30-15"

"That's just too good"

What do u guys make of Kerryn Pratt.. :tape: :angel:

azza
Nov 24th, 2003, 07:54 AM
is she nicole pratts mum?

noclue
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:15 PM
do you have any idea at all about how to play tennis?? sounds like you dont.....just to let you and your friends know you all have no idea about anything.....from the players mates