Nov 23rd, 2003, 02:27 PM
hopefully sprem/majoli

xr6turbo
Nov 23rd, 2003, 02:36 PM
Confirmed: Venus/Serena :lol:

ptkten
Nov 23rd, 2003, 03:01 PM
Callens/Hantuchova :)

Interesting choice Dani, I was hoping seh would play with Chanda, but they should do well !!

köj-č
Nov 23rd, 2003, 03:01 PM
Vento-Kabchi/Widjaja of course!! :D :bounce:

ptkten
Nov 23rd, 2003, 03:03 PM
...oh yeah, and I know this is probably old news but why aren't Kim and Ai playing next year, and is Kim even playing at all?

Andrew.
Nov 23rd, 2003, 03:06 PM
Who will Lindsay play with? She is really an underrated doubles player. People don't give her any credit for it.

bandabou
Nov 23rd, 2003, 03:08 PM

Haaa....thatīs an easy one! One thing is also confirmed: at least a GS in doubles together!

TatiAnnahølic
Nov 23rd, 2003, 03:09 PM
if Dani will play with Els... maybe Chanda/Anna again? :)

bandabou
Nov 23rd, 2003, 03:21 PM
Or Anna/Dani....just to see who is REALLY the most popular one.

Andrew.
Nov 23rd, 2003, 03:35 PM
Haaa....thatīs an easy one! One thing is also confirmed: at least a GS in doubles together!

I'm not sure about that...At Wimbledon they lost in the third round. People are starting to figure out their doubles strategy.

bandabou
Nov 23rd, 2003, 03:58 PM
I donīt think so....Venus was still injured, plus they both had just finished some tough three-setters.

Itīs been like that since ī99....and that was with Martina Hingis still playing. Who out there is better than the sisters as a team in doubles?!

Rtael
Nov 23rd, 2003, 04:18 PM
...oh yeah, and I know this is probably old news but why aren't Kim and Ai playing next year, and is Kim even playing at all?

Kim wants to focus more on singles next year.

bandabou
Nov 23rd, 2003, 04:29 PM
Yep....because she realized that when Justine was fresh as a bee( even after all the IV-fluids), she was DOG-tired after playing so much doubles.

jenny161185
Nov 23rd, 2003, 04:48 PM
Anna and martina?????? what happened to Navratilova and Kuznetsova?

Maggie&MomoFan
Nov 23rd, 2003, 04:54 PM
Mauremo/Pierce :hearts:

Allez-H
Nov 23rd, 2003, 05:27 PM
Els and Dani :eek:
I really hope they do well

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 23rd, 2003, 05:33 PM
I'm glad that Chanda and Daniela aren't playing anymore...

Chanda/Anna would be great, they are both really good, its too bad they lost to the willies in the 2002 Wimbledon in the SF's that was a good match...

E. Blackadder
Nov 23rd, 2003, 05:52 PM
Anna and martina?????? what happened to Navratilova and Kuznetsova?

Navratilova will team up with Raymond for the Olympics, so they'll play this year together

tyk101
Nov 23rd, 2003, 07:10 PM
what happened to the Ai and Kim?

Venus Forever
Nov 23rd, 2003, 07:25 PM
what happened to the Ai and Kim?

Doubles was too much for Kim, so she backed out of it next year.

Zummi
Nov 23rd, 2003, 08:40 PM
Likhovtseva/Petrova
Black/Stubbs

crazillo
Nov 23rd, 2003, 09:08 PM
i think that there are some players in the top 20 who donīt have a doubles partner like elena dementieva, maggie maleeva or janette husarova. do you know if they pair up together or will they choose diffeent partners every tournament?

AgassiGirl16
Nov 23rd, 2003, 09:12 PM
Well, since Raymond and Stubbs both seem to have partners...maybe Morariu/Davenport again?

Venus Forever
Nov 23rd, 2003, 09:53 PM
Well, since Raymond and Stubbs both seem to have partners...maybe Morariu/Davenport again?

Lindsay would be playing with Lisa if she wanted to play doubles, but since she wants to focus more on singles, and not overwork that foot, I think she has opted out of playing doubles.

jirobkk
Nov 24th, 2003, 12:16 AM
:kiss: Tammy/Masha :kiss: Both have committed to play in 2004 if they are playing in the same tournament. Of course, they will be paring up in AO 2004.

Tammy/Masha paired up together for the first time in Japen Open 2003 and won the title. They also won the double title in Luxembourg 2003 as well.

:hearts: Good luck Tammy/Masha. :hearts:

~SunFlower~
Nov 24th, 2003, 12:54 AM
I think Tammy/Masha together is an excellent team. I am happy with that.

You know what's funny .... I am interested but I think Masha/AnnaK would be awesome too since Masha is good with groundies/serves/power/forehand while AnnaK is good with volleys/backhand/varieties!

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2003, 12:56 AM
A lot of people would like to see that pair. But Anna and Octagon won't give that publicity to Maria.

ĪCharlDaĪ
Nov 24th, 2003, 01:01 AM
Wow interesting...Els and Daniela!

Also good luck to Tammy/Maria!

~SunFlower~
Nov 24th, 2003, 01:05 AM
A lot of people would like to see that pair. But Anna and Octagon won't give that publicity to Maria.

Probably but however, I would be very shocked if it happens. They are not comfortable with each other. It would be a dream team for the fans for sure. Imagine when they end up meeting in a single match like almost you see they would have a catfight in the mud! ;) Oh, that's scary but it would be a huge drama! :eek:

Who knows! :p

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2003, 01:09 AM
Anna would be lucky it's not a fight, just tennis.

Topher950
Nov 24th, 2003, 01:51 AM
Doesnt Demetieva and Krasnoroutskaya play together if im right they were the number 7 or 8 team in doubles this year

brunof
Nov 24th, 2003, 03:41 AM
I hope to see big things from Tian Tian and Ting Li. :worship:

Knizzle
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:22 AM

Part-time doubles team. Williams/Williams.

Knizzle
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:24 AM
I'm not sure about that...At Wimbledon they lost in the third round. People are starting to figure out their doubles strategy.

You gathered this because they lost ONE match?? :confused:

Oh please. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

xr6turbo
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:29 AM
Part-time doubles team. Williams/Williams.

:lol: Yeah that sounds a bit more accurate. ;)

bandabou
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:39 AM
Thatīs the funny thing. They play part-time doubles but in one tournament they beat all the teams who qualified for the YECīs back to back to back to back. AMAZING.

They get their WCīs, win their one or two slams and leave the little tournyīs for the others. Nice ainīt it?!

oddkayla
Nov 24th, 2003, 11:41 AM
__________________________________________________ _______
Originally Posted by Henenport

__________________________________________________ ________

What strategy are you referring to? Venus and Serena are two awesome singles players. :worship: When they play doubles that is what they bring to the court. That and having fun.

I was actually amused in 2002 Doubles Final at Wimby. You could tell what the strategy was for Paula and Virginia, but the two of them, they just played. And they won. :cool:

There is no strategy to figure out. Otherwise it would have been solved long since. Says more about their collective abilities than it does about the people across the net!