PDA

View Full Version : Mary Pierce

ilovemomo
Nov 23rd, 2003, 08:37 AM
she has been in GREAT Form recently and i reckon she will end up top 15 and even better for 2004 what do you think? :)

Declan
Nov 23rd, 2003, 08:42 AM
I agree totally. She was fourth in the rankings and had just won her greatest victory ever (Roland Garros 2000) when she first became injured, and she has said many times that she had just begun to fulfil her potential when the career-threatening injuries and setbacks struck. At last she seems to be back to full health and strength so I'm hoping for a great 2004 if she can maintain that.

ilovemomo
Nov 23rd, 2003, 08:43 AM
Yes go mary i expect good things from her next year :worship:

Randy H
Nov 23rd, 2003, 08:47 AM
It's always been up to Mary, and up to her body whether or not she is able to get back up to where she belongs in the rankings. Mary at her best and fit, is still capable of reaching the top 10, I really don't doubt that for a moment. I only hope that she can manage to stay healthy long enough to achieve that again. She is a fighter though, and I think she definitely has the heart to do it :)

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 23rd, 2003, 08:54 AM
Yeah, it's not too late for her. Allez Mary! If she keeps getting her game and her body honed, maybe she can even win another slam, but first thing's first. Barring further injury, I expect to see her back in the top 15 by the end of 2004.

crazillo
Nov 23rd, 2003, 09:25 AM
well, i saw her in filderrstadt against maggie maleeva. this match was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! both played on top of their game. it ws so close and i really hoped for a third set. finally mary won and in that shape both could reach top-15, but more not.

Doraemon
Nov 23rd, 2003, 09:40 AM
well, i saw her in filderrstadt against maggie maleeva. this match was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! both played on top of their game. it ws so close and i really hoped for a third set. finally mary won and in that shape both could reach top-15, but more not.

I wish I could have watched that match myself!
But thanks for your report! I was worried that both might be done soon.. but looks like they are both gonna give themselves more!
As for Mary, it's all up to her fitness, plain and simple. For her to get fit, it takes her a lot of determination and dedication which seems to have always decided her results thruout her career. I haven't seen her play for ages so I dunno how much fitter she is now than the last time I saw her when she was looking terrible ( for an athlete). If she can fit and stay injury free in most part of the next season, that will be more than enough reason why she can't get back to where she used to be.
Allez Mary!

crazillo
Nov 23rd, 2003, 09:51 AM
i can give you a detailed report if you want. i was not scared they played bsad because mary beat jenny the day before and it was the last touney for maggie so she was very relaxed and didn´t put so much pressure on her. and she also beat chanda so both could be relaxed. mary started with an early break, maggie came back at 4 - 2 i think and up to 5 - 5 noone knew who would win the set. maggie tried some net attacks but mary passed her very often, although maggie plays good voleys thanks to her doubles success. mary broke and closed the set 7 - 5. in the second set maggie started to play more aggressive and that worked. she was up 2 - 0, then 2 - 2, but she played really well then and was up 5 - 2. at that point mary injured a bit and was short before quitting the game. i was surprised she didn´´t do it really. you know about maggie´s nerves but this time she was not nervous, mary fought so brilklantly and ther were some points i really stunned. maggie had some set points, the last one in the tiebtreak but mary played brilliantly there a´nd finally closed the match. i hoped to see a third set but sadly maggie didn´t reach it.

Tompier
Nov 23rd, 2003, 09:59 AM
MARY WILL BE TOP 10

:bounce: GO QUEEN OF FRANCE :bounce:

jenny161185
Nov 23rd, 2003, 10:28 AM
allez mary!

Scotso
Nov 23rd, 2003, 01:26 PM
Allez!

#1, all the way baby!

bandabou
Nov 23rd, 2003, 01:53 PM
Top 10?! May well be possible.....but I think Mary´ll fall in the same category as Lindsay and Monica: Can blow away most opponents, but can´t scratch the big fishes: Serena, Venus, Kim, Justine, anymore.

Maggie&MomoFan
Nov 23rd, 2003, 04:52 PM
2004--- maggie back top top 15
Mary into top 10

i think this will happen

THE NET
Nov 23rd, 2003, 05:23 PM
I really hope that she will get back to top 10 in the next year. She has the game but the question is about her fitness. I really want her to win another grandslam or at least beat the Belgians. She has the game!!! ;)

Lapin
Nov 23rd, 2003, 05:34 PM
Good luck Mary!! (and Congratulations for a fabulous Fed Cup!!) :D

Lindsay A Davenport
Nov 23rd, 2003, 08:35 PM
Top 10 is a must next year Mary! Allez! :D

Diya
Nov 23rd, 2003, 08:38 PM
I think Mary can get into the top 10 too if she keeps playing like she has been while working on her fitness ! She is one player who can destroy ANYONE when she is ON !
Go Mary :bounce: :hearts: