PDA

View Full Version : Questions for 2004

Doraemon
Nov 22nd, 2003, 06:20 PM
Now that this season has come to an end, we may look forward to the next one. There're quite a few questions to be answered then.

These are just some of them.
Will Kim win her first major?
Will Monica come back strongly or call it quits after all?
Will the Williams sisters play more tournaments?
Will the Belgians continue to lead the field?
Will Dokic cut down on tournaments she plays?
Will Mary Pierce come back to the top 10?
Will Maria Sharapova bloom?

darrinbaker00
Nov 22nd, 2003, 06:40 PM
Will Kim win her first major? Don't know. Her best chance to win one was at the US Open, when she only had Justine to worry about. Now that las hermanas Williams are back, it will be much more difficult for Kim to win a major, but not impossible.

Will Monica come back strongly or call it quits after all? Monica SHOULD call it a career, but she still thinks she can compete, so look for her to try and play a full schedule.

Will the Williams sisters play more tournaments? Most definitely! Not only will Venus and Serena play at least 15 tournaments each, but they will be back on top of the rankings (Venus #1, Serena #2) by the time the Tour Championships are over.*

Will the Belgians continue to lead the field? See previous response.*

Will Dokic cut down on tournaments she plays? I hope so. Her nonstop schedule certainly caught to her in 2003.

Will Mary Pierce come back to the top 10? If she can keep up her current level of play, which won't happen unless she drops some weight, I don't see why she can't. The Canadian-born Frenchwoman from Florida still has game.

Will Maria Sharapova bloom? I'm assuming you mean as a tennis player, and the answer is yes. Out of all the Russian players on tour, I think Sharapova and Dinara Safina have the best chance of winning a major and being #1 someday (which, as Kim Clijsters has shown us, can be mutually exclusive).

*--EXTREMELY BIASED OPINION ;)