PDA

View Full Version : sisters are doing it for themselves

Aretha Franklin
Nov 21st, 2003, 02:56 AM
venus - now, there was a time, when they used to say that behind every

Xena and serena - great man

venus - there had to be a

serena and venus - great woman

venus - but in these times of change, you know its no longer true, so were coming out of the kitchen cause, thereís
something we forgot to say to you, yeah.

Amazons - Sisters, are doing it for themselves, standing on there own two feet, ringing on their own bells.

venus - now, this is a song to celebrate.

Amazons - Yeah

serena - the conscious liberation of the female state.

venus - oh, Iím talking about a state of mind, mothers and daughters, and there daughters to, woman to woman were
singing to you

Amazons - sisters are doing it for themselves, standing on there own two feet, ringing on there own bells.

Xena- oh, we aint making stories, and we aint laying plans

Amoria- cause, a man still loves a woman, and a woman still loves a man.

Xena - yeah, all right

Amazons - sisters are doing it for themselves, standing on there own two feet, ringing there own bells.

serena - oh, ringing on my bells, now yeah

venus - sisters are doing it for them selves, standing on there own two feet, ringing there own bells, sisters are doing
it for them selves, ringing there own bells, sisters are doing it for themselves, standing on there own two feet, ringing
there own bells.

Xena, venus and serena - sisters are doing it for them selves.

go girls. conquer the world and show them the power of all black women (and xena)

azza
Nov 21st, 2003, 03:00 AM
:confused: huh

Aretha Franklin
Nov 21st, 2003, 03:06 AM
:confused: huh

the emancipation of the female form is the first stepm towards a equitable onomatopoeia

Martian Willow
Nov 21st, 2003, 03:23 AM
...onomatopoeia...?...pronounced as it is spelt...? :confused:

Aretha Franklin
Nov 21st, 2003, 03:40 AM
...onomatopoeia...?...pronounced as it is spelt...? :confused:

ono-mato-pia is how to pronounce it. the word actually makes no sense in the context of my sentence. it actually refers to words that imitate the sounds they describe eg buzz or hiss

Trish101
Nov 21st, 2003, 05:46 AM
wow, you like Xena???!! OMG!!!

I LOVED RENNE O'CONNER!!! i here shes doing broadway?! am i right?

ok anybody with news on Lucy, Renne or any other of the cast??!!!....its so sad though...some are already dead....

OK i am a huuuge Xenanite!

am i the only one who wants a Xena movie???

madZonna
Nov 21st, 2003, 05:51 AM
ono-mato-pia is how to pronounce it. the word actually makes no sense in the context of my sentence. it actually refers to words that imitate the sounds they describe eg buzz or hiss

dayum! you sure ain't the sharpest knife in the dawwwar! That's what Willow said! 'pronounced as it's spelt' and your ass had to try and explain it all over trying to look smart and such. Willow just commented on your lack of ability to use it correctly in a setence honey, don't flatter yourself :p

azza
Nov 21st, 2003, 09:15 AM
the emancipation of the female form is the first stepm towards a equitable onomatopoeia

yer me to :wavey:

space
Nov 21st, 2003, 11:45 AM
dayum! you sure ain't the sharpest knife in the dawwwar! That's what Willow said! 'pronounced as it's spelt' and your ass had to try and explain it all over trying to look smart and such. Willow just commented on your lack of ability to use it correctly in a setence honey, don't flatter yourself :p

I thought that word was used wrong. It's mainly used in literature.